Which Time Frame is Best to Test A Strategy?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Time Frame is Best to Test A Strategy?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 14

Which Time Frame is Best to Test A Strategy?

Daily i find and come across new strategies . Some are using indicators , others are using price action .
    Some saying to follow candlestick patterns, others are saying to use support and resistance.

One thing which is doubting my mind is that , although , we know many many different strategies, but , what is the best time frame to test a certain type of strategy?

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Hello pal, i must tell you that all the time frames on the trading chart are very good if you know what you are doing about it, But be very sure that the trading system that you want to use will determine the one that you will choose among the time frame. That is why you will see trader that will get better result at random. But the higher the time, the better most are.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    I will suggest 1 hour time frame for all trading strategies. I have not heard from many traders before that 1 hour is not good in any way for the trader. Any trader that want money in forex will have to be very attentive about how he will be getting this money, this is why 1 hour will give you money all the time, you will see fast changes in it too.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0
    the strategy should be tested with all available time frame because that is what will give you the ability to know if the strategy fits into a particular time frame or it is designed with the particular time frame in mind and then you will also know what to do if you want to use it for other time frames that it was not designed for initially.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    I think if the new trader wants to be scalper then he may use the M1,M5,M15 time frame and if he is a day trader then he may use the H1,H4 or H30 timeframe. The most important factor in Forex trading is building a winning strategy and a winning strategy can give us a good results. and it is totally depends on the traders choice.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMEDFX View Post
    the strategy should be tested with all available time frame because that is what will give you the ability to know if the strategy fits into a particular time frame or it is designed with the particular time frame in mind and then you will also know what to do if you want to use it for other time frames that it was not designed for initially.
    Even i think the same . But there are still some strategies especially inside bars and outside bars (price action) which works the best when using daily time frame. And experts says that if you are a candlestick trader, so the bigger the time frame, the more chances are of profits.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    I return again to straegi what will trying. And I think every strategy will work well according to the creator of this strategy. If by the author would be good to use in TF H4, then you should never use it in the other TF. Or if you want to create a new strategy, usually must be piloted into a demo account. Use several different TF, make a conclusion from the results, Which TF is good for your strategy, very simple.

Not allowed!

Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by taharoyal52 View Post
    Daily i find and come across new strategies . Some are using indicators , others are using price action .
    Some saying to follow candlestick patterns, others are saying to use support and resistance.

One thing which is doubting my mind is that , although , we know many many different strategies, but , what is the best time frame to test a certain type of strategy?
    Every strategy has its own uniqueness,some strategy might rquire that you study the larger time frame while some requires that you study the smaller time frame there is no generality in applying certain time frame on any strategy,that's why its important to have a trading strategy,because when you have one you'll defiantly know the time frame to work with.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    well, normally the better time frame you choose will be the best for a trading strategy. because longer time frames are always better for trading forex. you can try H4 and daily charts for testing your trading strategy.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Steve Nison who is known for the very high knowledge of candlestick patterns told their members who came for the seminars for learning candlestick patterns and price action as well, that the bigger the time frame you use for the price action strategy especially the candlestick pattern strategy , the higher the chances of rewards are there.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast