Biggest question: reversal or breakout?
Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 644

Thread: Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

  1. #1
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    10
    Promo (¢)
    210
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

    Hi there

    in recent months I am working hard to identify it will be break out or reversal.

    I have build my strategy that works fine for reversals, but during US session
    there are nice break outs happens even no news and my reversals does not work on that
    session, except if prices moving near price average of 60 days - that is different story.

    I wantrf to learn to identify it and started using volume indicator.

    What do you recommend and use for break outs, guys?
    Also does thinkor swim better than MT4 platform?

    Tadas

    Not allowed!
    advert via signature isn't allowed edited by Gamer

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    14,851
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    the breakout and reversal can work together in giving traders the money. and the use of the volume indicators will trick you a little bit. try to use the fibonacci instead of the volume indicators and you will see a brighter trading results while trading your reversal and the breakout strategy in this business.

    Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,945
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 262
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    the breakout and reversal can work together in giving traders the money. and the use of the volume indicators will trick you a little bit. try to use the fibonacci instead of the volume indicators and you will see a brighter trading results while trading your reversal and the breakout strategy in this business.
    I love to do trade with breakouts, to know about the breakouts trader should use trend line on the chart, first of all they should learn that how the have to catch the market trend, I don't have any complain with indicator's they are good to know about the trend, moving average is one of the best indicator to check that. Fibonacci is also a good tool to check the breakouts, better to test our trend learning capability in demo trading account first.

    Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,490
    Promo (¢)
    1,881
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 1
    I onces saw a trade opportunity and the opportunity was that when you are trading you make the right tools tick and so when you have the right market and well improved working positions that can help use develop the right working procedures its always good that we have the working principles that can help us chose when we have one trade so when I saw chfjpy ,I sold it, and it just good better, they an nosed that the chf had weekend because of some malpractice in chf central bank and I pocketed 1,800 pips in just under 2 hours

    Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    14,851
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kariuki View Post
    I onces saw a trade opportunity and the opportunity was that when you are trading you make the right tools tick and so when you have the right market and well improved working positions that can help use develop the right working procedures its always good that we have the working principles that can help us chose when we have one trade so when I saw chfjpy ,I sold it, and it just good better, they an nosed that the chf had weekend because of some malpractice in chf central bank and I pocketed 1,800 pips in just under 2 hours
    opportunities are many in forex business, it is traders who will know what to do with the opportunity they see, and the strategy they are using will help when that strategy is good. and the principles of trading should be well uses, this is how the working principles of the trader would be known.

    Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27,036
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    I can only advice you to be careful with this kind of trading approach, there are reversal/breakout in the market all the time, and you might want to take advantage of that, rather than looking for the breakout/reversal on the US sessions only. And the news you are using with it might be a very bad thing if care is not taken.

    Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Registered user Hukam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    8,693
    Promo (¢)
    7,140
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 504
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    opportunities are many in forex business, it is traders who will know what to do with the opportunity they see, and the strategy they are using will help when that strategy is good. and the principles of trading should be well uses, this is how the working principles of the trader would be known.
    Oh yeah there are many trading opportunities and an experienced trader know how to make money with it in forex, all trader's have differ trading strategies and they should stick to their entry and exit rules, market will follow them many time and if they are looking for consistency then they will surely be able to get that with this way of trading. The avenue of our trading journey is never easy for us when we ignore our mistakes in trading.

    Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    State Himachal Pradesh
    Posts
    9,461
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 322
    Given: 542
    Quote Originally Posted by Earnperfect View Post
    I love to do trade with breakouts, to know about the breakouts trader should use trend line on the chart, first of all they should learn that how the have to catch the market trend, I don't have any complain with indicator's they are good to know about the trend, moving average is one of the best indicator to check that. Fibonacci is also a good tool to check the breakouts, better to test our trend learning capability in demo trading account first.
    They both can work together to make a good use of breakout trading system, fibonacci and trend line these are very popular in forex and a lot of trader's are using these two regularly in trading. I am using trend line plus moving average on the chart, I don't have much experience of fibonacci but I am sure that trend line and moving average combination also good to do trade with breakouts, price action is best from all but its not very easy to do trade with price action.

    Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Registered user lawners1791's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lawners Makesup
    Posts
    12,228
    Promo (¢)
    120
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    with the decision on returns with the moderation of market movesment that trader might prepare to occupy further the strategy on following the running excess on defining use with the returns of evaluation to submit of decision with the deeper on appropriation as measuring the indication of signals on referring ones to work as the entry points on beginning new position to gains of secure on consequence to close with the numbers of target profit.

    Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,034
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 392
    Quote Originally Posted by Khimi234 View Post
    They both can work together to make a good use of breakout trading system, fibonacci and trend line these are very popular in forex and a lot of trader's are using these two regularly in trading. I am using trend line plus moving average on the chart, I don't have much experience of fibonacci but I am sure that trend line and moving average combination also good to do trade with breakouts, price action is best from all but its not very easy to do trade with price action.
    Yes mam actually I use support and resistance to make a good use of breakout in trading, right now I am not using any naked chart or trend line to check that, I mostly like to grab the trading opportunities at the beginning of the trend, so I wait for the signal on moving average twenty breakouts mostly take place above of my moving average trading system so personally I do less trade with breakouts.

    Not allowed!

Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •