Profitable hedging strategies - Page 30
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Profitable hedging strategies

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

Profitable hedging strategies

There are a lot of information about hedging strategies in internet. Some traders are successfull using them. Some traders are not and dislike them. They better use Stop Loss instead of buying opposite order. I had a lot of experiments with hedging strategy. There were very good results sometimes, sometimes results were not good in trend markets . I would like to start a discussion how and when to use hedging strategy or when to be away from it.

The main idea of hedging strategy is to use hedges instead of Stop Loss on resistance levels as it is shown in picture.

http://forum.roboforex.com/asset.php...3&d=1501938846

What were your results using hedge strategy or its elements?

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    hedging can let the trader to save the money and decrease the possibility of loses, but it is risky method for the traders that do not know how to use it because hedging randomly will lead to more loses and will not save the money and so the trader will find that the loses will not be managed and it will be increased always that may lead to margin call.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by ravian View Post
    Well in my opinion hedging is not that reliable a strategy because if you are making money in one account or in one trade you are losing money at the same time also so the more appropriate way to is do the analysis and take courage and take the risk so that you may be able to become a professional trader one day.
    You have said it well by saying that hedging is not reliable. Hedging is an old style of trading forex, the forex traders who are still hedging are only wasting their time, they are still living in the old age of forex trading. Not that the hedging is totally bad, it is only that the hedging is not right for retail forex traders, it is only good for the forex traders who are big players.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    You have said it well by saying that hedging is not reliable. Hedging is an old style of trading forex, the forex traders who are still hedging are only wasting their time, they are still living in the old age of forex trading. Not that the hedging is totally bad, it is only that the hedging is not right for retail forex traders, it is only good for the forex traders who are big players.
    I will disagree. Hedging is good for retail traders too but they have to know how to use it. Example you have hedged the position in market consolidation and do not know where the market will go. So you can wait 24 hours and market will reach support or resistance and there you can sell the profitable order and wait for market to go back. It is the simple example.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    I don't understand why people would call the hedging strategy to be profitable, we are actually different in how we trade, the worse strategy that I can try in this market is hedging, because it has dealt with my account even though I did not understand how it is supposed to be used when I attempted it, given another opportunity, hedging will never be a strategy I will consider, profitable traders using hedging have done extensive research and practice before they adopted this style.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    I don't think so, I think hedging is for the bigger boys, who has huge forex trading account, therefore it will not be a good option for a trader who has a little forex trading account. With the use of the hedging, so many banks use it in trading, I don't know full details how it works for them, but I know for sure that hedging isn't going to be my way of trading.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiekc View Post
    I don't think so, I think hedging is for the bigger boys, who has huge forex trading account, therefore it will not be a good option for a trader who has a little forex trading account. With the use of the hedging, so many banks use it in trading, I don't know full details how it works for them, but I know for sure that hedging isn't going to be my way of trading.
    Retail traders can trade the hedging, the big boys like you called them could trade hedging likewise. What the difference could be is that the retail traders with low money are not good with the hedging, and the hedging trading method itself is not the trading method that is encouraging traders to trade it. Better traders will leave hedging, it is not a good sign to prove that a trader knows how to trade rightly.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    There are hedging strategies that are profitable, it is a general belief that we cannot easily earn from this market if we adopt our strategy to be hedging, that is a misguided judgment because there are many traders that are hedging and technically they are profitable, so we cannot conclude that hedging isn't ideal for trading Forex, it is because we don't have experience with trading it ourselves.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 18
    Quote Originally Posted by sitinof View Post
    The bottom line is that nobody knows, with 100% accuracy, what the market will do next. Therefore, holding long and short positions at the same time can allow you to profit from price movements in both directions. If you use my method, you can also profit while you reduce your exposure to your losing trades.
    Holding long and short position always determine the trader and price action movement well if we can getting strong signal these both thing well then easily make strong and successful hedging profitable strategy for everyday trading on this business. In this method toward success on this business are very simple for trader but without good planing and learning does't simple for him.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1
    Yes, I agree with you very much, I do this
    i believe that hedge is better than stop loss. i don't like to use stop loss , it always makes me lose.
    i like to do hedge,but it's not easy to get out of your hedge . you need to know how to choose good point
    but the stop loss closes our trades immediately they are activated so there is no chance to make up for losses except in the next trade

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2
    Hedging is a good method to protect your account and have traded on both sides. Without losing you can make profits on both sides but if a trader is not well aware with this strategy or did not practice ever then it can be a disaster for his account. It is highly recommended not to hedge until you are not a hedging expert. Besides, all risks hedge is the coolest strategy to trade without losing a pip.

Not allowed!

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast