Next 20 trades without exception challenge
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 221

Thread: Next 20 trades without exception challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    40
    Promo (¢)
    2,025
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Next 20 trades without exception challenge

    Have come to see that for me or any trader for that matter, to make it in forex, that I must stop looking at the market on trade by trade basis, but i must now look at a sample of trades instead. The reason being that there is no way to know which of the trade will do well or not. But if I trade in samples, then i will then judge the trades in the sample by how many percent were profitable and how many percent was loss. I'm doing this with a strategy that should give me about sixty to eighty percent win rate.

    So, join me.

    Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    226
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    This is beautiful, I hope that you will have discipline to keep to this challenge, because what most traders do is to use a big lot size that is not sustainable in the long term, I hope everyone in this forum will be able to learn a thing or two from this journal, we hope to see charts posted for your illustrations and journey.

    Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27,036
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by adewale View Post
    This is beautiful, I hope that you will have discipline to keep to this challenge, because what most traders do is to use a big lot size that is not sustainable in the long term, I hope everyone in this forum will be able to learn a thing or two from this journal, we hope to see charts posted for your illustrations and journey.
    I do not buy the idea of using big lot to trade anymore, i did it many times before, but it failed me, and i realized that the best in the market is for traders to be consistent in the profits getting, not that they will need to be trading heavily with not protection or proper money management in place, they will only try, but fails always.

    Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,171
    Promo (¢)
    160
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    I do not buy the idea of using big lot to trade anymore, i did it many times before, but it failed me, and i realized that the best in the market is for traders to be consistent in the profits getting, not that they will need to be trading heavily with not protection or proper money management in place, they will only try, but fails always.
    Not just you, using little lot and the trading result will good. based on the experience, trading using more lot is a big and serious money management problem. When trader decide to understand the money managment, trader will more effective on using small lot, small lot is the key to achieve more trading profit. Your account will grow when consistent use the small lot in forex trading.

    Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Registered user musiliu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,119
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    I do not buy the idea of using big lot to trade anymore, i did it many times before, but it failed me, and i realized that the best in the market is for traders to be consistent in the profits getting, not that they will need to be trading heavily with not protection or proper money management in place, they will only try, but fails always.
    using big lot is just too risky for a trading account, most account don't survive big lot size, market may first go against the trader before it start to favour the trader so a trader using big lot will likely get stopped out before the market price start moves to his or her favour, getting success in forex need a good strategy that works well and a money management plan that best suit the strategy

    Not allowed!
    Always have realistic DREAMS!

  6. #6
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    40
    Promo (¢)
    2,025
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by adewale View Post
    This is beautiful, I hope that you will have discipline to keep to this challenge, because what most traders do is to use a big lot size that is not sustainable in the long term, I hope everyone in this forum will be able to learn a thing or two from this journal, we hope to see charts posted for your illustrations and journey.
    My friend, that is the plan. I am determine to to only risk about two percent of my trading account on any single trades. I do not believe that it is a wise thing to risk too much on a single trade as one can never tell which of the trades will be a loses and which of them will be a winner. Risking two percent of my account on a trades by trade bases will make me to take up to fifty trades before my account can take no no more.

    Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Registered user ara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,836
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 184
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpips View Post
    My friend, that is the plan. I am determine to to only risk about two percent of my trading account on any single trades. I do not believe that it is a wise thing to risk too much on a single trade as one can never tell which of the trades will be a loses and which of them will be a winner. Risking two percent of my account on a trades by trade bases will make me to take up to fifty trades before my account can take no no more.
    Risking about 2% per trades is including low risk strategy, what is the ratio of risk: reward per trades in your strategy?
    Yup, risking 2% per trades will have 50 chances. I think it's very much of chances. There are many traders taking 10 samples of trades, if they get about 7-8 winning trades then it is so good that they can risk 10% per trades, or at least they risking 5% per trades to be more safer so they have 20 chances.

    Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Registered user
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    207
    Promo (¢)
    1,495
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by adewale View Post
    This is beautiful, I hope that you will have discipline to keep to this challenge, because what most traders do is to use a big lot size that is not sustainable in the long term, I hope everyone in this forum will be able to learn a thing or two from this journal, we hope to see charts posted for your illustrations and journey.

    That's right what you say, to many traders who use large lots only lead to bankruptcy,
    therefore we have to be disciplined towards good and correct money management, because it would be nice if we always use small lots with small profits as long as they can be consistent, rather than using large lots of large profits but can only be done once and at the end margin call is a very bad thing for me, therefore discipline becomes an important thing for a trader.

    Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11,588
    Promo (¢)
    780
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    we take the challenge in each trade we make and so we may win or lose, the trader that test a strategy should practice on it for enough to see the percentage of success of it and so the trader that finds it gives a high percentage of success then he can trade with it and make profit, but if it does not give good results then the trader should look for another one.

    Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Registered user ict2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,048
    Promo (¢)
    115
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    we take the challenge in each trade we make and so we may win or lose, the trader that test a strategy should practice on it for enough to see the percentage of success of it and so the trader that finds it gives a high percentage of success then he can trade with it and make profit, but if it does not give good results then the trader should look for another one.
    Sorry guys i not think negative side of my trade. Because before opening a trade I analysis to understand the market psyclogy and try to go with trend. This strategy always favor 100% the trader not all but keep me stand on positive thinking. My aim to do good monthly or weekly. Guys high expectation always encourage us to take high risk but i able to manage my mentality as high risk is not protect my capital so 10 to 20% monthly profit is enough.

    Not allowed!

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •