Forex Trading Sessions
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forex Trading Sessions

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

Forex Trading Sessions

Forex market is open 24 hours a day but it is not like the market is being opened the whole day.

download.jpg

Forex market actually can be broken up into 4 major trading sessions :
    Sydney session, Tokyo session, London session and New York session.

The time also got 2 difference between Summer (April - October) and Winter (October - April) by 1 hour.

The Open and Close Schedule for Summer (April - October)

download (1).jpg

Sydney market will be opened at 10 PM (GMT) and closed at 7 AM (GMT)
    Tokyo market will be opened at 11 PM (GMT) and closed at 8 AM (GMT)
    London market will be opened at 7 AM (GMT) and closed at 4 PM (GMT)
    New York market will be opened at 12 PM (GMT) and closed at 9 PM (GMT)

The Open and Close Schedule for Winter (October - April)

download (2).jpg

Sydney market will be opened at 9 PM (GMT) and closed at 6 AM (GMT)
    Tokyo market will be opened at 11 PM (GMT) and closed at 8 AM (GMT)
    London market will be opened at 8 AM (GMT) and closed at 5 PM (GMT)
    New York market will be opened at 1 PM (GMT) and closed at 10 PM (GMT)

The busiest trading times will be where 2 markets are open at the same time. That is why traders might need to expect more volatility to happen during that time and be aware of it.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 19
    if you are not a day trader then the market trading hours should not be of concern to you for your trades might last for several days but for day traders to scalpers need to trade when the market is very busy as this will make them to realize their profits fast and not get stuck in a good trade but due to lack of volumes the price remains stagnant a one level

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by kagho View Post
    if you are not a day trader then the market trading hours should not be of concern to you for your trades might last for several days but for day traders to scalpers need to trade when the market is very busy as this will make them to realize their profits fast and not get stuck in a good trade but due to lack of volumes the price remains stagnant a one level
    That is true and I don't think there are much day trader who do make it in the market even with the session times. With that been said, I think we now have to know that forex trading business is not based on what we session but really much on how good we are with the market how we can follow the market and how disciplined we are.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 17
    I have had such similar topic in the past, but when I read through and learned that not all traders can actually be a session trader I wanted to be a long term trader so I learned it is not for me actually. but we can see how it makes the market move, thus the ultimate truth remains that the longer time frame is the king, with it we don't need to know about session trading.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 19
    Some would say there are times when the market moves and some will say there are also times when it does not, but being a long term trader I have got to learn that the market moves without all those rules we have in our head, we just have to be skilled enough to be able to learn and know how the market moves, I have learned and have my candle stick pattern with which I can not tell on the movement of the market.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptFX View Post
    Some would say there are times when the market moves and some will say there are also times when it does not, but being a long term trader I have got to learn that the market moves without all those rules we have in our head, we just have to be skilled enough to be able to learn and know how the market moves, I have learned and have my candle stick pattern with which I can not tell on the movement of the market.
    Truly the market could move any time and how it wants to move, but traders needs a strong trading understanding before they can succeed. if you don't thus know about the method you are to make use of to succeed in the market, you will keep on facing losses. The market has the process by which it moves. Timing of the specific time is what I can't really tell.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3
    the forex market is a 24 hours a day market because it is not a centralized market and every participants are free to trade when ever they want, even, it is open during the weekend but because most participant will not be trading during the weekend and the very low liquidity, wide spread and little movement, brokers can't allow trading in weekends, People that still participate in the market during weekends are people that need foreign currency to transfer to another country

Not allowed!
    Always have realistic DREAMS!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2
    thanks mate about this information . i think that the best time to trade is from 7 am to 5 pm . because this time there are lots of intersections between markets. In 7am to 9am. There is a intersection of the London market and the Asian market and beyond in the 12pm to 16pm. There is a intersection between the European and US markets and this period is the best for trading where liquidity is large and the movement is strong and profit points are large . the best pairs to trade are (usd - eur- gbp )

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 90
    The question that comes to mind is , "what do I need trading session for in forex trading?" I need to tell you that we have three types of market namely: trending market, breakout market and range bound market. There are some traders whose trading strategies work better in a trending market and if you do not know the right trading session that market usually trends you may not be at better edge of trading . You need to remember that market trends close to 40% of the time while it ranges for more than 50 % of the time. To those who love to make money in forex , they must prepare themselves for opportunity when market is trending

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 230
    [lang=ar]
    Quote Originally Posted by Selly View Post
    Trading Sessions
    Personally I do not care about the Trading Sessions The opportunities are available at any time especially since I am a swing trader
    * You will never be interested in the idea of sessions and I think its importance can be related to Scalping traders only[/lang]

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast