Forex Trading Sessions - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Forex Trading Sessions

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

Forex Trading Sessions

Forex market is open 24 hours a day but it is not like the market is being opened the whole day.

Attachment 20280

Forex market actually can be broken up into 4 major trading sessions :
    Sydney session, Tokyo session, London session and New York session.

The time also got 2 difference between Summer (April - October) and Winter (October - April) by 1 hour.

The Open and Close Schedule for Summer (April - October)

Attachment 20281

Sydney market will be opened at 10 PM (GMT) and closed at 7 AM (GMT)
    Tokyo market will be opened at 11 PM (GMT) and closed at 8 AM (GMT)
    London market will be opened at 7 AM (GMT) and closed at 4 PM (GMT)
    New York market will be opened at 12 PM (GMT) and closed at 9 PM (GMT)

The Open and Close Schedule for Winter (October - April)

Attachment 20282

Sydney market will be opened at 9 PM (GMT) and closed at 6 AM (GMT)
    Tokyo market will be opened at 11 PM (GMT) and closed at 8 AM (GMT)
    London market will be opened at 8 AM (GMT) and closed at 5 PM (GMT)
    New York market will be opened at 1 PM (GMT) and closed at 10 PM (GMT)

The busiest trading times will be where 2 markets are open at the same time. That is why traders might need to expect more volatility to happen during that time and be aware of it.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 90
    I could hear somebody say he does not care about trading session because he is a swing trader , I need to tell you that being a swing trader does not mean that one should care loss about market trade sessions . I am a swing trader too and I love to take my trade most especially during the London or New York market sessions so far all the conditions for taking trades are fully fulfilled according to my own trading strategy. I quite understand your position that swing trader takes trades any time the trade set up satisfies his conditions but all the same , certain factors need to be considered

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    forex sessions help the trader to increase the possibility of earning because the trader will find the market is open all day and this will increase the chances of trading and so this will increase the profits, sometimes we find chances of trading in some sessions and not in the others and then the conditions may reverse and so this will make trading more interesting.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 58
    Quote Originally Posted by tfs2012 View Post
    Personally I do not care about the Trading Sessions The opportunities are available at any time especially since I am a swing trader
    * You will never be interested in the idea of sessions and I think its importance can be related to Scalping traders only
    probably you should, my friend. it's because knowing the difference and time lapse between trading sessions will really help us lot to determine when to trade with high market volatility and when not to do that. we don't want to end up waiting for hours just to wait for market to hit our target right? no need, once we understand this trading session, i think we'll know when to stop monitoring our trade during sideways movement.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 23
    it is good to pay attention for market sessions based on the trading time zone and so they can choose the market sessions for trading which will give them the chances for making profit. at my country, to follow market sessions for london and new york and so i have to trade from afternoon to dawn. these market have good movements and as the best chances for me to trade and maximize earning from the market and also i do not need to disturb my main activities besides forex trading

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 19
    Forex trading is one of the best business a business we need to learn and understand, no one can make simple money from the business. The trading session is important to the intra day trader and for the traders who are not intra day trader they need to trade the longer time frame. That is what I do, so I don't care about the sessions.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 22
    Market sessions are divided into four major sessions and the market will always start with the Sydney session everyday and close with the American sessions, the four market sessions are very much important to us as traders because each of the market has a way of influencing one another, for example i always like to trade the American session,but i will have to see what the London session has done for the day to know what i am likely to come across in the American session, every trader should understand that there are sessions that are good for them to trade and try to master how the market behave at such session.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    I could hear somebody say he does not care about trading session because he is a swing trader , I need to tell you that being a swing trader does not mean that one should care loss about market trade sessions . I am a swing trader too and I love to take my trade most especially during the London or New York market sessions so far all the conditions for taking trades are fully fulfilled according to my own trading strategy. I quite understand your position that swing trader takes trades any time the trade set up satisfies his conditions but all the same , certain factors need to be considered
    Well, I am a long term trader and I don't care about it. We all have different method and means of looking at the market and we see thing differently, so you don't think your personal opinion about the market should be that of other traders. With that been said, the session is a scam to traders because the market chooses to move crazy at any given time.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by D'mastermind View Post
    Well, I am a long term trader and I don't care about it. We all have different method and means of looking at the market and we see thing differently, so you don't think your personal opinion about the market should be that of other traders. With that been said, the session is a scam to traders because the market chooses to move crazy at any given time.
    I think we have to keep on following on any trading method that works for us. That is how we get to make money from the business. I also did not want to follow session of trading because I got to learn and ask my self since the market is open all the time then there is no need looking for an specific time when to trade.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 90
    As a trader , you need to know different market sessions we have and you also need to identify which ones are most suitable for trading depending on your own time zone . In my own case , most of my trades are taken during the London and New York market sessions because those are the times market enjoys much volatility and you can position yourself for opportunities . These two market sessions fall into day in my own time zone and it may be night time in another , it is very important to factor this thing in and take a good advantage of it

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 12
    Forex trading session very important subject to everyone. especially for news trader who always trying to follow the news. basically there is four trading session which called Sydney Tokyo Europe and the US but only US trading session so much famous to all because market movment and volatility can be create on this session.

Not allowed!
    Don't loss you hope.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast