Forex Trading Sessions - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forex Trading Sessions

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

Forex Trading Sessions

Forex market is open 24 hours a day but it is not like the market is being opened the whole day.

Attachment 20280

Forex market actually can be broken up into 4 major trading sessions :
    Sydney session, Tokyo session, London session and New York session.

The time also got 2 difference between Summer (April - October) and Winter (October - April) by 1 hour.

The Open and Close Schedule for Summer (April - October)

Attachment 20281

Sydney market will be opened at 10 PM (GMT) and closed at 7 AM (GMT)
    Tokyo market will be opened at 11 PM (GMT) and closed at 8 AM (GMT)
    London market will be opened at 7 AM (GMT) and closed at 4 PM (GMT)
    New York market will be opened at 12 PM (GMT) and closed at 9 PM (GMT)

The Open and Close Schedule for Winter (October - April)

Attachment 20282

Sydney market will be opened at 9 PM (GMT) and closed at 6 AM (GMT)
    Tokyo market will be opened at 11 PM (GMT) and closed at 8 AM (GMT)
    London market will be opened at 8 AM (GMT) and closed at 5 PM (GMT)
    New York market will be opened at 1 PM (GMT) and closed at 10 PM (GMT)

The busiest trading times will be where 2 markets are open at the same time. That is why traders might need to expect more volatility to happen during that time and be aware of it.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2
    That is thread is very important and helpful for beginners because they have to know the time of sessions when it open and close, that will help them to trade at correct time while liquidity time, that is very suitable for traders who trade short term or scalping strategy more than who trade swing or long term.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 146
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    The question that comes to mind is , "what do I need trading session for in forex trading?" I need to tell you that we have three types of market namely: trending market, breakout market and range bound market. There are some traders whose trading strategies work better in a trending market and if you do not know the right trading session that market usually trends you may not be at better edge of trading . You need to remember that market trends close to 40% of the time while it ranges for more than 50 % of the time. To those who love to make money in forex , they must prepare themselves for opportunity when market is trending
    I totally subscribe to what you have said, I mean we don't need any trading session before we can make money from the market but what we need is some good trading strategy and market movement knowledge. That is because aside from the traders taking effect in the market when they want, economical event also can take place and make the market move strong and a trader who knows how to trade the trend and other technical method will catch those opportunities.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 14
    One mistakes made by traders is when they think that they can trade based on following the market sessions. I don't think of that approach no more, because it has dawn on me that the best way and means of trading is simply following the trend so I do follow the trend basically and like I have learned and understand the market, it remains the best means than waiting for some specific time for volatility.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 22
    Thank you very much for bringing to our remembrances again the market sessions that we have, going by the location of my country, i do not always have time to trade the Sydney and the Tokyo sessions because they occur in the mid night of my region , but i always active and alive during the European and the American sessions and this are the most favorites market for me, it is good for every trader to know what market session his country would be active so that he can make maximum use of such trading time.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 10
    The intraday traders thinks there is a specific time when the market moves, I don't think so because I know that being a long term trader who makes use of the higher time frame, my knowledge and had me know that we can only become long term successful depending on how we have learned and understand the the long term trading method and also knowing the process of making quality analysis.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3
    Trading sessions have nothing to do in trading anyway i think. We need to just focus in what we have been seeing in here and trade on it. Traders that want to trade based on the session will need to match the events avaiable in the market to trade with them. But if we do not see any event to be traded based on it, it will have no use at all in our trading too.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    this is good thread, traders need to know market sessions and the characteristic and so we can set the time and provide it for practicing and trading, i prefer to follow london and new york session for trading and also the timing is good because i can do trading without disturb my old activities too ( i do trading every night ) and it means i can maximize earning to sustain my daily needs
    and also forex trading is a flexible business and actually we can do trading anytime want it

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 14
    When traders talks about trading sessions I think they are talks about time, I think they are talking about trading sessions, well I don't trade based on trading session because I believe there could be better ways by which I can make money from the market and become successful. That means and method is making sure to follow just the daily time frame and the pin bar that it forms, I want to keep things simple for me.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Selly View Post
    Trading sessions have nothing to do in trading anyway i think. We need to just focus in what we have been seeing in here and trade on it. Traders that want to trade based on the session will need to match the events avaiable in the market to trade with them. But if we do not see any event to be traded based on it, it will have no use at all in our trading too.
    The same thing I think because I see that when we can make just good use of the time frames we are using in trading then we don't need to think about the trading sessions, as we only think about them when we have no good knowledge of making use of the right time frame which will essentially lead to successful trading means.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 33
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptFX View Post
    The same thing I think because I see that when we can make just good use of the time frames we are using in trading then we don't need to think about the trading sessions, as we only think about them when we have no good knowledge of making use of the right time frame which will essentially lead to successful trading means.
    Buyers and sellers moves the market that way I think that was how the time frame was brought talk, because some people believes the market moves when certain amount of people are in the market. Apparently to me I don't see it that way. I know we can always make money from forex trading depending on the skills and knowledge we have. Making it simple the time frame is enough.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast