Page 1 of 229 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of account to choose?

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 33

What type of account to choose?

Beginner traders often have questions about types of accounts – what type to choose, with fixed or dynamic spread? Roboforex company has 2 types of cents accounts: fix-cent (with fixed spread) and pro-cent (with dynamic spread). Know more about it on the company’s website: http://www.roboforex.com/trade-condi...account-types/

Fix-Cent

Features: Fixed spread, 4 digits after decimal point, «Instant Execution» mode.

Instant Execution allows to execute orders immediately. This type of execution allows to trade with fixed prices what means that order will be either executed by indicated prices or rejected (trader will get requote). This type of order is useful for traders who need certain prices for execution and don’t want to have «slippages» while execution. Disadvantage of this type of order: trader will be unable to enter his position in case of aggressive price action – he/she will get requotes in most trades. That’s why this type of account has 4 digits after decimal point (to avoid numerous requotes). Such accounts are convenient for beginner traders. But you should remember that if there are no requotes – there is no instant execution.

Pro-Cent

Features: Dynamic spread, 5 digits after decimal point, «Market Execution» mode.

Market execution mode allows trader to have nearest best prices for his trade. Order will automatically match with best price for the given moment. This type of execution is used also on futures and stocks exchanges and other marketplaces. Traders, who traded before on «Instant Execution» will note that execution time will increase with «Market Execution» more and quotes will change much more rapidly (because of additional digit after decimal point). 10 pips on «Pro-cent» wil be equal to 1 pip in «Fix-Cent» account. 5 digits are better for automatic execution when trader uses robots.
    Now, when we know differences among «Pro-Cent» and «Fix-Cent» accounts, let’s see some documentation: http://www.roboforex.com/trading-accounts/documents/

For now, we can see release of trading conditions from August 13, 2013.

Let’s go to «General provisions», I advice to pay some attention to point 6.6

6.6. For accounts Fix-Cent, Fix-Standard and Fix-ECN spread specified in the contract specifications, is a fixed, but can be increased from 22:00 to 06:00 server time.
    Also, points 7.5 and 7.6

7.5 In process of Instant Execution of Client’s order, the price quoted in the order is compared with the current price. In case the current price differs from the price quoted in the order, a new price will be proposed with comment “Requote”. In case Client does not accept the new price within 3 seconds, it will be considered that the transaction is cancelled.
    7.6 In case of Market Execution, execution of Client’s order will be made at the current price at the moment of order execution.
    Points 12.1.1 and 12.3.1.

12.1.1. Stop Out value makes 10 % for Fix-Cent and Pro-Cent accounts on Metatrader 4 and Metatrader 5 platforms.
    12.3.1. Margin Call value makes 40% for Fix-Cent and Pro-Cent accounts on MetaTrader 4 and Metatrader 5
    Point 6.6 allows to increase spread. It means that we are dealing with conditionally fixed spread. Point 7.5 guarantees certain price for a trader in a period no more than 3 seconds. Point 7.6 indicates that orders are executed by market price, therefore some slippage may occur. Points 12.1.1 and 12.3.1 indicate that Stop Out and Margin Call levels are equal for both types of accounts.
    Now, when you know those nuances from trading conditions, let’s see how these conditions are realized in actual trading process. To accomplish this goal, we will go to historical tick charts of EURUSD since 30.09.2013 till 4.10.2013 (GMT+3) for the whole week.

Fix-Cent

Spread was as stable as 2 pips without any changes. Probably, this week was pretty quiet and there were no significant news or drivers for the market.

Pro-Cent

Let’s dig deep into details and make small research.
    Before we start, I will remind once again that 2-pips spread on Fix-Cent means 20-pips spread on Pro-Cent.
    I’ve divided one day on two sessions: Day session (6:00 – 22:00) and Night session (22:00 – 6:00), timezone is GMT + 3. Picture 1 shows lowest, average and highest values of spread.

Picture 1. Spread value distribution on Pro-cent accounts.

If we look at highest values, we may think that Pro-Cent accounts have wider spread, than Fix-Cent accounts, but it isn’t so. Ticks with spread more than 20 pips are less than other ticks (with spread lower than 20 pips). Let’s go through some cases.

Case № 1

Monday night we have seen the highest spread for the period, highest value is 92 pips. It’s worth mentioning that highest spread occurred before 1:15 (Night session), then values were no less than 20 pips. We can see it on Picture 2.

Pic. 2. Spread value on Pro-Cent accounts

[свернуть]

Case № 2

During news announcements, in some cases, spread is widening and achieves highest levels for the day. Let’s take one situation from 1.09.2013. There was economic data release. As we see, at 17:00 (terminal time) during USD ISD Manufactirung and USD ISM Prices Paid release, we have seen increased spread. Picture 3 shows spread values between 16:59 and 17:00:01 (highest values), then spread was decreased and 10 seconds after it decreases to 20 pips.

Pic. 3. Spread value on Pro-Cent accounts

[свернуть]

The rest of the time period spread was lower than 20 pips. We can see it clearly on Picture 4, that shows value of spread of the whole day.

Pic. 4. Spread value on Pro-Cent accounts during news announcement release

[свернуть]

Now, when you’ve gone through all nuances, we can make some conclusions.

Fix-Cent accounts are more suitable for traders, who trade during high volatile market conditions (during news announcements for example) because spread there is fixed. But also, their orders can be rejected due to slippage (they will get requotes). Also, this type of accounts will be suitable for those who trades during the opening and the closing of the week (wide spreads occur during those periods). Fix-Cents accounts have wider spread than Pro-Cent. That’s why those trades who avoid news announcements and scalpers should better trade using Pro-cent accounts despite possible slippage. But be aware of news announcements time!

I thinks, that analysis in this thread will help beginner trader make choice due to personal trading style.

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Trader; 11-04-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    This is very great to know in a more elaborate ways. I have seen many reason s why i should face the pro-cent account than any other presently, this is because of the spread that is being given to be in the account type and the cent account that it is, it will reduce the risk that i am using in the market until i grow the account to my taste.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 22
    cozard007, Another case with me, however I would choose the fixed-cent, the reason being that I only have a small capital so that I made cent account ​​, other than that I chose because I think the fix to spread will not change so suitable for me in setting the use of EA

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5
    I think for the new trader the fix cent account is best.If the they are new in the forex market they can deposit small amount and get good margin for their account.In the fix cent account they are getting more facilites for their account and also if they are loss their trade they are not loss more because in fix cent account is calculate as cent account.

Not allowed!
    SUCCESS Is the SUM of SMALL efforts,
    Repeated DAY IN AND DAY OUT.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1
    I still think it is far better to use the pro-account than the fix-account. Even as a new trader it is better to start with pro-cent and get used to its changing spread which i think has a good advantage which i so much prefer to the fix-account that has fixed spread.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0
    choosing the fix cent account is more better for the new traders because they will be able to know that they are trading against few spread and not that they will be trading and at some times the spread will increase and they will not know why it has done so and also it helps in planning when you are about to add the spread to your stop loss.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 14
    First of it all, i love to trade on a lower spred, once the account type gives me lower spread, it is my favorite, this is what disqualified fix-cent account. I do not prefer to have cent account traded too, i do not have any choice if the money i am using on it is not big enough to puck other choices that i want too.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193
    because i start trading with low capital then i use cents account type, and at roboforex there are two types for it, fix cents and pro cents, i have opened pro cents type, and this is good account type for me, because it gives us more details for number of market price

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 17
    Though I am running a fix-cent account but I did not able learn it well earlier. But after reading this description I came to know about it and it has been clearly described here. Forex trader need endless learning, we have to continue learning until we are involved with this profession. Each every trade is also acquainted us with new experience.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by cowek ireng View Post
    cozard007, Another case with me, however I would choose the fixed-cent, the reason being that I only have a small capital so that I made cent account ​​, other than that I chose because I think the fix to spread will not change so suitable for me in setting the use of EA
    It is very good on what you are talking about, but if you look into it critical, you will realized that the fixed-cent is not the option. With the research i have gone through also about the usage of the EAs, i realized that the best result of EAs are gotten from the ECN account, Have ever seen an ECN account that is fixed before? This is what you should consider my brother.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 229 123451151101 ... LastLast