MT4 indicator MA and EMA. - Page 2
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: MT4 indicator MA and EMA.

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 8

MT4 indicator MA and EMA.

Dear friends I am trading with MT4 platform ans using MA for technical analysis. Now I want to know about the use of EMA and SMA. Please help me about EMA and SMA.
    I want to know.
    1. How to setup EMA and SMA?
    2. What is there use?
    3. What is the different between MA, EMA and SMA?
    friends waiting for your reply.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    you can set those moving averages by going to insert>indicators>moving averages. click on it you will see simple moving averages and when you drop down the menu you will also find exponential moving averages and two other averages.
    SMA stands for Simple moving average and EMA stands for Exponential moving average.
    Simply SMA is slow as compare to EMA.
    EMA is more close to price movement than SMA.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1
    Good , i am very happy to know that you are learning very seriously . Now i am telling you that MA, SMA, EMA these all of are nearly same . These are the indicator or you can say the inspector the market movement . These three is used to know the market movement . And many traders are trading following these three indicator . They are not dependent on that indicators , they only know the market movement from that indicators . you can set up this indicator from your mete trader platform from the customs indicator option .

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 58
    Quote Originally Posted by zahid420 View Post
    Good , i am very happy to know that you are learning very seriously . Now i am telling you that MA, SMA, EMA these all of are nearly same . These are the indicator or you can say the inspector the market movement . These three is used to know the market movement . And many traders are trading following these three indicator . They are not dependent on that indicators , they only know the market movement from that indicators . you can set up this indicator from your mete trader platform from the customs indicator option .
    nearly same but still, those three types of moving averages are different. we cant say that moving average is an inspector of market's movement since there is no indicator can inspect the market. Same like other trading tools, it only help us to know the result of the market. I think we don't exactly know the market's movement but we can only make a prediction or analysis. Of course it could be wrong or right.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    All good trading systems will require you using the right setting, and for the moving average trading systems too, there are many different settings that you can use only on it, and they will all work well if you are careful about it, and have carefully studied it. You have more to choose with the MA, It can also be , SMA, LMA etc

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 36
    There are four types of moving averages simple, Exponential, Smoothed and Linear weighted with different settings high, low, close, high and low /2 and all have different value so what we use in our trading depends on our trading strategy somebody uses simple some likes to use exponential which will indicate more sharp and accurate indication than simple moving average.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 13
    this indicator MA is in accordance with me. my style of trading is using TF H1. However, this indicator is still new for me, then it doesn't hurt I tried it on a demo account to discover the capabilities of this indicator. During this time many senior trader using EMA for trading, because EMA is an indicator very effective, though slow in giving the signal.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5
    For sharing, I love Moving Average indicator in my trading daily. I use EMA30, and EMA 50. And in reality, this indicator help me to read signal buy or sell. Before using EMA, I use SMA 10, and SMA 15. In my experience, EMA dan SMA is not different each other but I feel that EMA is more easy and quickly give signal early than SMA. They give same meaning. Besides, EMA, I combine this signal to RSI 14. By combining the two indicator I am more sure to decide opeing position buy or sell especially in the pair EUR/USD.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 12
    Well brother. This is very nice question. any way MA means moving average,EMA means Exponential moving average and SMA means simple moving average. and you can find deference between them if you think deeply. but remember it MA, EMA, SMA one kind of trend indicators, and the using system fully depend on trading time frame.but I think MA 13, EMA 20,and SMA 25 better for H4 time frame.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 58
    there are setups to change the standard moving averages to custom one. simply change the setting by clicking the moving average first, change the method to smoothed called SMA or exponential called EMA. different settings will provide different result and rules how to apply it in our trade. you can change the period and method with your own best settings.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 193
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    there are setups to change the standard moving averages to custom one. simply change the setting by clicking the moving average first, change the method to smoothed called SMA or exponential called EMA. different settings will provide different result and rules how to apply it in our trade. you can change the period and method with your own best settings.
    You're right about that, I also think the same way like you how to modify our moving average to become more sharpen or smoothed. But it's been a long time since I used moving average to trade because now I already find a better trading strategy without any help from indicator such as moving averages etc. It took a long time to change my previous strategy to a new one.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast