Who is market maker?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is market maker?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Who is market maker?

I want to know that who is the market maker in the forex market?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not allowed!

Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    There is no particular market maker,any trader with liqiudity in the currency market is a market participant,such individual or entity include,retail traders like you and I,institutional traders such as fund managers and so on and most importantantly banks,although each category has there level of influence on the currency market meaning the power to create vilatility,and banks and institutional traders has the power to create huge volatility.so the most influencail market participant are banks and institutional traders.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    As we know the big bank and some dealer which make market to move in their own way. Sometime it's become good for our profit and other time it's eat all our capital within sometime also.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    I think some powerful Bank and some dealers are the market makers. Also some forex brokers are in this list too. It have some good point with some bad point too. Banks have a lot of impact on the currency market. Their rate of interest and their statement can manipulate the market. Otherwise there is no particular market maker are available.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    A lot of forex brokers are known to be market makers, and they are brokers who serve as counterparty to every transaction made by their clients. They serve as middle men between the market and their client and they may have influence over the outcome of their client's transaction. I also think that some banks are also in this category.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    well, the answer of this question is quite difficult to answer. normally 50% market price moves based on the commercial traders like banks, and 40% moves made up by non-commercial traders like hedge funds and big players and we are the rest of 10% called retail forex traders.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jonking View Post
    A lot of forex brokers are known to be market makers, and they are brokers who serve as counterparty to every transaction made by their clients. They serve as middle men between the market and their client and they may have influence over the outcome of their client's transaction. I also think that some banks are also in this category.
    I think brokers just play middle role between forex trader and the banks and broker are not main pillars to make forex market,there are large banks in which clients money is deposit through brokers and there are big players in forex market who can change forex market any time they want are the main marker makers of forex market in my point of view..

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    the stock exchange center is the one that will re-direct all transactions from all traders in the world but the one that will make the market move will always be the trader. Even you can make the market move a bit without knowing.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Actually, there are no central market place in the forex trading market, that is why the big players are all the market makers. They are the ones that are controlling the actual price of the forex market. But there are some forex brokers that are market maker internally, i do not like to trade with such kind of broker though.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by mark48 View Post
    I think brokers just play middle role between forex trader and the banks and broker are not main pillars to make forex market,there are large banks in which clients money is deposit through brokers and there are big players in forex market who can change forex market any time they want are the main marker makers of forex market in my point of view..
    i certainly undestand what you mean. Of course the core of the forex market is made up of banks and huge financial institutions including very rich and powerful traders. But forex brokers have different mode of service which they offer their clients, some are ECN brokers others are STP or NDD brokers, while some are called MARKET MAKER broker

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast