Thread: Swing trading on currency market

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 191

Swing trading on currency market

Hi, traders!

In this thread I’ve decided to put together information and some slides from the webinar I’ve made today – «Swing trading Forex»

What is swing trading? How «swing trading» differs from «momentum trading»? Actually, there are many approaches to swing trading, but I will express my point of view on the subject.

Swing trading is trading on intervals more than 1-3 days, some traders may call it «long term» or «medium term», but in fact, good swing trade can last no more than 4-5 days. Swing trades are usually level-based trades. For example, if you trade momentum, you can capture short-term overbought or oversold condition of the market (imbalance) and trade-off scenario of inventory correction.

If you trade momentum, your trade will look like that:

Attachment 1998

You see, that typically you will buy high to sell higher. But in this case you act like a sniper, wait for perfect timing for your entry, then aggressively go with the market, capture profit and exit.
    Things are different with swing trading. For momentum trader it’s natural to exit pretty quickly (duration 3-4 hours for intraday trade) because his price is not relatively very good – momentum trader is unable to survive pullbacks, rotations and other activity of the market, before it reaches the target. That’s why momentum trader will tend to quickly reduce his risks, minimize stop losses or set them to breakeven.

Swing trader expects to get good price while his timing may not be ideal. If you expect to get good price, market can revisit your entry several times, rotate above your entry (if you go long), go sideways, and only after 2-3 days of sideways action price can break out from a range in the direction of your position (or may not break out)

Typical swing trade looks like that:

Attachment 1999

So, I’ve structurized difference between momentum and swing trades:

Attachment 2000

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehis View Post
    Swing trading which is based on the long term trading is always preferred by most professional forex traders, they believe that there is something much noise when anyone trades lower time frame, swing trading is very helpful, it gives a trader the ability to analyze and forget about his trades until they reach their targets, this could be profitable or maybe losses.
    more noises can be seen through small time frames and when market is moving sideways. that's the common reason why traders prefer to hold their trades in long term because they want to get bigger rewards and to avoid getting noises and trapped there. it's so tiring when we're trapped and got nothing to do when our trades are in the middle of market which remains in 0 profit amount for hours since market is moving up and down and back again to same level.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 90
    Swing trading is one of the best trading styles that earn you profits consistently because it is a trading methodology that tries to capture a swing "( one time )" If properly mastered , it can put you at better advantage than day or scalp trading . In this post , I would like to highlight the pros and cons of swing trading .
    Pros of swing trading include the following ; 1) Traders need not spend hours in front of your monitor because your trades last for days or even week
    2)It is suitable for traders who have full time job 3)less stress compared to day trading

The cons of swing trading include : 1) overnight risk 2) You won't be able to ride with ride with trends

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5
    swing is good strategy if we have ability to do it because for this we need to make some accurate points for entry and exit. if we know best entry point we can place good order with this we can earn also. but just entry point is not enough so with this we need of exit point as well then we can work on some good swing trading otherwise its not easy, we can not understand about up and down and some time we go opposite also. every time our order will not hit tp

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by altafch View Post
    swing is good strategy if we have ability to do it because for this we need to make some accurate points for entry and exit. if we know best entry point we can place good order with this we can earn also. but just entry point is not enough so with this we need of exit point as well then we can work on some good swing trading otherwise its not easy, we can not understand about up and down and some time we go opposite also. every time our order will not hit tp
    doing accurate entry and exit is essentially not only for swing trading but also with all methods of trading too. traders got to understand what they want to do and how they really do that because one less theory is much easier to say than doing it directly. one doesn't simply, market moves in trend and each time before it goes for a trend, there's couple bars of correction area we can make use of to close our trades and prepare our next analysis for new trend or to continue the previous one.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6
    Swing trading is good long term strategy and the idea of swing strategy is that market returns back to the average price. It is true. Forex market is market without direction in longer term. Traders should be patiente using swing strategies and swing strategy can be the best for part time traders because they do not have time to do day trading.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Krosneles View Post
    Swing trading is good long term strategy and the idea of swing strategy is that market returns back to the average price. It is true. Forex market is market without direction in longer term. Traders should be patiente using swing strategies and swing strategy can be the best for part time traders because they do not have time to do day trading.
    Trading in swing isn't always related to long term trading. it's all explained well depending on how big our target in take profit. sometimes we can trade in swing by following market little trend that happens and lasts only for hours then market usually continues its current trend back then we'll open another swing trade until we hit another new targets.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 90
    The goal of swing trading is to identify market over all trend and then capture gains with swing trading within that trend . In swing trading , positions may last for days and you must be able to identify the swings or troughs of the market on the chart from where you determine your entry and exit point . Swing trader works in any time frames but to get a better and more valid results, it is better done on higher time frames

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    The goal of swing trading is to identify market over all trend and then capture gains with swing trading within that trend . In swing trading , positions may last for days and you must be able to identify the swings or troughs of the market on the chart from where you determine your entry and exit point . Swing trader works in any time frames but to get a better and more valid results, it is better done on higher time frames
    i can't tell how long i keep my trades open in swing or long term because i'm trading with news and only close my trades when market is slowing its volatility back to normal. maybe sometimes i hold my trades in swing because keeping a target to hit 90 to 120 pips may take hours. my friends who trade with technical analysis knows better how to trade with swing because it's their main goal they usually do.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 24
    Sascha, this is one hard thing to understand and this thing comes when we people do not have proper experience, when we do not know about market where it will go then we can not understand for how much time we will take this order, for who much time we can continue same order, so we should make sure we trade with some experience and learn first before doing good

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by naeem555 View Post
    Sascha, this is one hard thing to understand and this thing comes when we people do not have proper experience, when we do not know about market where it will go then we can not understand for how much time we will take this order, for who much time we can continue same order, so we should make sure we trade with some experience and learn first before doing good
    if we do not have proper experience then why we are trusting we can earn? this is not easy business here we are trading on future and its not easy to understand about future, so if we do not have enough experience we should never think about success or big profit, we should just learn and wait until we get a good strategy then enter in real trading otherwise do demo for proper learning

Not allowed!

Page 163 of 164 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164 LastLast