Thread: Swing trading on currency market

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 191

Swing trading on currency market

Hi, traders!

In this thread I’ve decided to put together information and some slides from the webinar I’ve made today – «Swing trading Forex»

What is swing trading? How «swing trading» differs from «momentum trading»? Actually, there are many approaches to swing trading, but I will express my point of view on the subject.

Swing trading is trading on intervals more than 1-3 days, some traders may call it «long term» or «medium term», but in fact, good swing trade can last no more than 4-5 days. Swing trades are usually level-based trades. For example, if you trade momentum, you can capture short-term overbought or oversold condition of the market (imbalance) and trade-off scenario of inventory correction.

If you trade momentum, your trade will look like that:

Attachment 1998

You see, that typically you will buy high to sell higher. But in this case you act like a sniper, wait for perfect timing for your entry, then aggressively go with the market, capture profit and exit.
    Things are different with swing trading. For momentum trader it’s natural to exit pretty quickly (duration 3-4 hours for intraday trade) because his price is not relatively very good – momentum trader is unable to survive pullbacks, rotations and other activity of the market, before it reaches the target. That’s why momentum trader will tend to quickly reduce his risks, minimize stop losses or set them to breakeven.

Swing trader expects to get good price while his timing may not be ideal. If you expect to get good price, market can revisit your entry several times, rotate above your entry (if you go long), go sideways, and only after 2-3 days of sideways action price can break out from a range in the direction of your position (or may not break out)

Typical swing trade looks like that:

Attachment 1999

So, I’ve structurized difference between momentum and swing trades:

Attachment 2000

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by COMANG View Post
    if you are able to perform long-term analysis would be great to do a trade with a swing trading style, but if you are not familiar with it in the trade instead of going menyulikan you trade with this swing so I think the trade with this swing should really be familiar with especially long-term analysis using a large timeframe on your chart
    Well, as long as i am concerned about the swing trading system too, it is better you swing in the long term trading ways, if you do this, you will have the better result in the position you opened. But notice that it is the first entering that will help you, if this fails you may not like the trading system, if you do it with a little risk, then it will be better.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 26
    Quote Originally Posted by Razu View Post
    Swing trade is usually very simple to realize AND ALSO my spouse and i think an individual a great know That from your experience AND ALSO keep practice to acquire the knowledge.
    For making swing trade it is essential to make practice in demo account & also invest a huge capital in your account. Without a good capital it will be difficult work for you to sustain in this business for long time. Because if any trade go your against that time you will lost your account when you have a little capital in your account. So try to collect also a good capital with your practice.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by julkarnainfx View Post
    For making swing trade it is essential to make practice in demo account & also invest a huge capital in your account. Without a good capital it will be difficult work for you to sustain in this business for long time. Because if any trade go your against that time you will lost your account when you have a little capital in your account. So try to collect also a good capital with your practice.
    I agree.Swing trading strategy is pretty good but should have a lot of capital if you want to use this strategy in my opinion because a lot of our open positions and positions that we have been floating loss so that our margin of diminishing returns so if you want to use swing trading techniques must have a lot of capital.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by julkarnainfx View Post
    The primary swinging system of the trader is the way the traders will specify his trading systems on the up and down movements of the forex market. It is more of the trader`s trading in the regard of the long term movements, but traders will be advised to use the swing trading on the time frame that is not lesser than 4 hours.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bilibili View Post
    I agree.Swing trading strategy is pretty good but should have a lot of capital if you want to use this strategy in my opinion because a lot of our open positions and positions that we have been floating loss so that our margin of diminishing returns so if you want to use swing trading techniques must have a lot of capital.
    We don't need to have a lot of capital just to use swing trading method. Even if we use a forex account below $100 then we can use cent account. Our capital will be 100 times higher if we use cent account. With using cent account like this then small traders also can try to use swing trading method.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32
    Quote Originally Posted by thenight View Post
    We don't need to have a lot of capital just to use swing trading method. Even if we use a forex account below $100 then we can use cent account. Our capital will be 100 times higher if we use cent account. With using cent account like this then small traders also can try to use swing trading method.
    But this way the gains produced would be very minimum or not sufficient for covering the basic living cost. But it is certainly helpful for the traders at the starting stage to enhance their trading skills and to come to the profit edge with confidence when they are trading with considerable trading capital.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 1
    swing trading is one of the best way to make profit in this business when trading though it require that we have a better understanding on the market,trading is all about the kinda understanding we are having to do this business that will determine if we are gonna be able to make something in this business when trading the market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    Swing trading is an option but I believe that swing trading is not useful for high valued assets such as gold. Gold has very high fluctuation in prices an d now we can assume that the trend has a downwards pressure and is slowing down. Gold has made hue profits for me up ill now but the trend can change immediately. Long term trades and scalping is my trading strategy and it helps me to make trades which have low risk.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by aliabbassoni View Post
    Swing trading is an option but I believe that swing trading is not useful for high valued assets such as gold. Gold has very high fluctuation in prices an d now we can assume that the trend has a downwards pressure and is slowing down. Gold has made hue profits for me up ill now but the trend can change immediately. Long term trades and scalping is my trading strategy and it helps me to make trades which have low risk.
    It could be traded in any way, but i am sure that the more the time duration the trader is working with this swing trading system , the better for the trader. If you ever think that you can trade the swing system on the lower time frame, then you are still deceiving yourself. Above all, try to build a good stop loss system that is not much with it, this is very important.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    swing trading is good strategy to be followed by traders to minimize risk in Forex market,generally it is used in short term trade,this strategy gives huge profits consistent without putting risk to our capital.traders need to be active and focus on the market.

Not allowed!

Page 51 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast