Thread: Swing trading on currency market

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 191

Swing trading on currency market

Hi, traders!

In this thread I’ve decided to put together information and some slides from the webinar I’ve made today – «Swing trading Forex»

What is swing trading? How «swing trading» differs from «momentum trading»? Actually, there are many approaches to swing trading, but I will express my point of view on the subject.

Swing trading is trading on intervals more than 1-3 days, some traders may call it «long term» or «medium term», but in fact, good swing trade can last no more than 4-5 days. Swing trades are usually level-based trades. For example, if you trade momentum, you can capture short-term overbought or oversold condition of the market (imbalance) and trade-off scenario of inventory correction.

If you trade momentum, your trade will look like that:

Attachment 1998

You see, that typically you will buy high to sell higher. But in this case you act like a sniper, wait for perfect timing for your entry, then aggressively go with the market, capture profit and exit.
    Things are different with swing trading. For momentum trader it’s natural to exit pretty quickly (duration 3-4 hours for intraday trade) because his price is not relatively very good – momentum trader is unable to survive pullbacks, rotations and other activity of the market, before it reaches the target. That’s why momentum trader will tend to quickly reduce his risks, minimize stop losses or set them to breakeven.

Swing trader expects to get good price while his timing may not be ideal. If you expect to get good price, market can revisit your entry several times, rotate above your entry (if you go long), go sideways, and only after 2-3 days of sideways action price can break out from a range in the direction of your position (or may not break out)

Typical swing trade looks like that:

Attachment 1999

So, I’ve structurized difference between momentum and swing trades:

Attachment 2000

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chanchalkst View Post
    Swing trade is very simple to understand and i think you an understand it by your experience and keep practice to get the knowledge.
    easy to be understand didn't mean it's easy to be used. Many strategies will keep pooping out and you will want to try all of them in order to find the "holy grail" in the forex market so that you can profit. Unfortunately not all strategy is easy for every trader since they might not match with your own condition, knowledge, experience and personality.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Swing trading is a good method to earn good amount of profit in some short time. Its a trading style where you can take the benefits of market bouncing. To be honest we wont get this trading chance most of the time. We will get this types of trading chance often. I know a lot of new things about swing trading on currency market.
    As you have said, this will give money really, but the short time that is there is what i do not like about the swing trading. I have being following the swing trading strategy for more than 3 years now, and it works better if the trader uses it on the 4 hours chart or the 1 day. If you think that you can be getting the swing on short time basis, you will have to be staying with chart all the time.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    swing trading very good and learn us how to be patient on out trading and not use stop loss every to hit our goals but actually the traders who use swing must have big capital because some time the currency move between 200 to 400 point so it will depend on the lot volume and the support positions beside money management to survive till the profit

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    I believe Most of the experienced traders prefer swing trading like Me. First because they have already tried all other kinds of trading methods and they have come to this conclusion that they are more comfortable with the bigger time frames and trading with these times frames makes enough profit for them. They have become able to control their greed and so they don’t want to take all the market ups and downs. They believe that small times frames may give them some more trading opportunities, but more trading opportunities doesn’t necessarily mean more money. Sometimes it means more losses.

Not allowed!

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 191
    Quote Originally Posted by mark48 View Post
    Swing trading on currency market is not any for every trader,it needs too much good knowledge,long term experience and skills,because swing trading consist of trading for weeks or months and to become good swing traders traders must have good experience of many years in forex business..swing trading is mostly based on your market analysis,if you are good market analyst then you can become good swing trader too..
    Every trading style is difficult because it requires more than just knowing setups. We must survive and manage risks, and every trading style requires permanent evaluating and re-evaluating the odds - knowing when to be more aggressive, when to be defensive e t.c.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0
    Swing trading in my opinion is a trading technique that is quite difficult to use, because we will tend to swing trading opposite to the direction of the market. When the market is moving up we certainly expect the price point is already reached its peak, and then we put SELL, but unfortunately the market often continue the trend and we get a floating loss, and vice versa.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 17
    This is a nice information and try to learn about it. So far it seems to me that it is quite hard to understand with my less knowledge on forex trade. I am now trying to trading with very simple method by using moving average, support and resistance and some other common indicators. I guess forex needs much study and knowledge which cannot be possible to learn in a day. I will try it step by step after becoming master in my present trading strategy.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5
    The swing trading is very good trading system.If you find that the market swing from here and then you can find a good trade and also you can enter with the market full confirmation.Sometime we are enter in the wrong signal i mean we are enter in the wrong trade and we are loss our trade but if we are find the swing then we are not loss more.

Not allowed!
    SUCCESS Is the SUM of SMALL efforts,
    Repeated DAY IN AND DAY OUT.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    i am new but i had some work on insta forex so i have some knowledge i think Swing trade is very simple to understand and i think you an understand it by your experience and keep practice to get the knowledge.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chanchalkst View Post
    Swing trade is very simple to understand and i think you an understand it by your experience and keep practice to get the knowledge.
    yes indeed swing the necessary knowledge of the good but we need to practice it firsthand how the swing, because if we do not practice it means we are not going to be trading well, if we just rely on our theory will not be able to master properly. and in this tread is we can do a lot of things and learning :)

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast