Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1640

Thread: Swing trading on currency market

Educator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 189

Swing trading on currency market

Hi, traders!

In this thread I’ve decided to put together information and some slides from the webinar I’ve made today – «Swing trading Forex»

What is swing trading? How «swing trading» differs from «momentum trading»? Actually, there are many approaches to swing trading, but I will express my point of view on the subject.

Swing trading is trading on intervals more than 1-3 days, some traders may call it «long term» or «medium term», but in fact, good swing trade can last no more than 4-5 days. Swing trades are usually level-based trades. For example, if you trade momentum, you can capture short-term overbought or oversold condition of the market (imbalance) and trade-off scenario of inventory correction.

If you trade momentum, your trade will look like that:

Attachment 1998

You see, that typically you will buy high to sell higher. But in this case you act like a sniper, wait for perfect timing for your entry, then aggressively go with the market, capture profit and exit.
    Things are different with swing trading. For momentum trader it’s natural to exit pretty quickly (duration 3-4 hours for intraday trade) because his price is not relatively very good – momentum trader is unable to survive pullbacks, rotations and other activity of the market, before it reaches the target. That’s why momentum trader will tend to quickly reduce his risks, minimize stop losses or set them to breakeven.

Swing trader expects to get good price while his timing may not be ideal. If you expect to get good price, market can revisit your entry several times, rotate above your entry (if you go long), go sideways, and only after 2-3 days of sideways action price can break out from a range in the direction of your position (or may not break out)

Typical swing trade looks like that:

Attachment 1999

So, I’ve structurized difference between momentum and swing trades:

Attachment 2000

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 9
    see that the swing market on the daily charts can het us alot of chances and good profits , so this can be very clear by having strategies like the bollinger bands limits by reflecting from the upper or the lower limits of the bands . but this strategy may not be right with the trend positions at all . so there is good chance to trade the swing market .

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu George View Post
    see that the swing market on the daily charts can het us alot of chances and good profits , so this can be very clear by having strategies like the bollinger bands limits by reflecting from the upper or the lower limits of the bands . but this strategy may not be right with the trend positions at all . so there is good chance to trade the swing market .
    If only we're confident enough to take them all to trade. Not all the times our strategy will support us to trade and give us the signal. According to our observation we may think there are 4 to 5 signals we can get from market but when we're analyzing it through our strategy, only 2 or 3 signals are well supported and accurate enough to be taken. Swings in market doesn't happen many times, getting it done about 2 times should be enough to make satisfying trades.

Not allowed!
    rules made to be followed, not to be broken

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Making your swing out of the daily chart is a wrong idea. Go and check the way the daily chart is moving with most pairs in the market, you will see that by the time the 4 hour chart will have a nice swing pattern, the daily chart will have the bad swing pattern. So when you are sincere with the trading of the two charts, it is better and safer to be trading with the 4 hour chart when you want to trade the swing well and earn much with it.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 9
    whenever we see that the price is ranging between two lines of support and resistance on h1 or h4 time frame . there can be very good scene will be happen on this pair . we can say that the price can not find the enough strength to pass any of them . so there is a probable to ranger between them till there strong data happens to move the price strongly .

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 42
    swing trading is one of the professional trading method how ever it is much risky trading than short term trading how ever the momentum and consideration mode is much more effective and efficient method to enter inthe trade and exit in the trade how ever stop loss is compulsory in swing trading to avoid huge loss..

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 68
    If we want to make money from the forex trading market, I will always suggest that we make use of the higher time frame, analysis on it will often be more accurate than the one on the little time frame, on the other hand, we should take note of the support and resistance more, it is more important than wanting to know what the indicators are doing, the support and resistance is going to be the best shot by which traders can make use of in taking their best trades.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 146
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    If we want to make money from the forex trading market, I will always suggest that we make use of the higher time frame, analysis on it will often be more accurate than the one on the little time frame, on the other hand, we should take note of the support and resistance more, it is more important than wanting to know what the indicators are doing, the support and resistance is going to be the best shot by which traders can make use of in taking their best trades.
    That is accurate, because the use of lower time frame could seem promising, but on the long term, we get to see that we will get to loss a lot of our money. Therefore, it is will be best that we follow the higher time frame, in a nutshell, which will come with few candlestick but yet strong signals that we can rely on, not like trading the little time frames that has so many candlestick.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 58
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
    That is accurate, because the use of lower time frame could seem promising, but on the long term, we get to see that we will get to loss a lot of our money. Therefore, it is will be best that we follow the higher time frame, in a nutshell, which will come with few candlestick but yet strong signals that we can rely on, not like trading the little time frames that has so many candlestick.
    i don't see any opportunities through small time frames and it's better to trade in high volatility through big time frames as it'll provide better chance to earn and learn about market. trading in swing is better form than any lower term strategies like scalping. with swing, we can adjust our target from 50 pips minimum to any higher targets depending on how long we hold the trades and how much money we want to make.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
    What i know is that the swing trading strategy is best analysed on the larger time frames, the use of at least 4 hour chart is likewise best to work with this kind of trading strategy. This is what i know that can give traders huge earnings in a single trade. I like the swing strategy so much, and it could be analysed on the lower time frames likewise, the trader that will do that will be the type that has much time for the market.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    What i know is that the swing trading strategy is best analysed on the larger time frames, the use of at least 4 hour chart is likewise best to work with this kind of trading strategy. This is what i know that can give traders huge earnings in a single trade. I like the swing strategy so much, and it could be analysed on the lower time frames likewise, the trader that will do that will be the type that has much time for the market.
    You know, it is like a long term trading whereas the trader has to hold their trades for about days and even weeks, I don't think I still have that patient to wait for my trade that much. Because as per my trading experience, I think that trading with the long term and expecting like say 200 pips at the end and trading weekly, if we can make good analysis we can make that amount per week.

Not allowed!

Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164