Swing trading on currency market - Page 162
Page 162 of 164 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1640

Thread: Swing trading on currency market

  1. #1
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,105
    Promo (¢)
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 191

    Swing trading on currency market

    Hi, traders!

    In this thread I’ve decided to put together information and some slides from the webinar I’ve made today – «Swing trading Forex»

    What is swing trading? How «swing trading» differs from «momentum trading»? Actually, there are many approaches to swing trading, but I will express my point of view on the subject.

    Swing trading is trading on intervals more than 1-3 days, some traders may call it «long term» or «medium term», but in fact, good swing trade can last no more than 4-5 days. Swing trades are usually level-based trades. For example, if you trade momentum, you can capture short-term overbought or oversold condition of the market (imbalance) and trade-off scenario of inventory correction.

    If you trade momentum, your trade will look like that:

    Attachment 1998

    You see, that typically you will buy high to sell higher. But in this case you act like a sniper, wait for perfect timing for your entry, then aggressively go with the market, capture profit and exit.
    Things are different with swing trading. For momentum trader it’s natural to exit pretty quickly (duration 3-4 hours for intraday trade) because his price is not relatively very good – momentum trader is unable to survive pullbacks, rotations and other activity of the market, before it reaches the target. That’s why momentum trader will tend to quickly reduce his risks, minimize stop losses or set them to breakeven.

    Swing trader expects to get good price while his timing may not be ideal. If you expect to get good price, market can revisit your entry several times, rotate above your entry (if you go long), go sideways, and only after 2-3 days of sideways action price can break out from a range in the direction of your position (or may not break out)

    Typical swing trade looks like that:

    Attachment 1999

    So, I’ve structurized difference between momentum and swing trades:

    Attachment 2000

    Not allowed!

  2. #1611
    Registered user Toyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    7,383
    Promo (¢)
    6,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    Swing trading stands as one of the most difficult scenarios that day traders can earn from, it is the swing traders that have the greatest opportunity to earn from this type of market, trading with the swings requires detailed analysis and patience, you cannot rush them, before swings can be completed, it takes a while, meaning you must also wait that long
    I see nothing hard with the trading of the market with swing method, it is a simple methods of trading when we have the good set of indicators and candlestick pattern to trade it. I like to trade swing in only 4 hours chart, this will enables me to recognize the swing pattern early, and this will amount to more income for me on regular basis.

    Not allowed!

  3. #1612
    Registered user Killer_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    in a place i call home
    Posts
    2,728
    Promo (¢)
    570
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    I see nothing hard with the trading of the market with swing method, it is a simple methods of trading when we have the good set of indicators and candlestick pattern to trade it. I like to trade swing in only 4 hours chart, this will enables me to recognize the swing pattern early, and this will amount to more income for me on regular basis.
    trading in swing style has its own simplicity and complexity just like any other styles of trading. there are several problems about swing trading such as the entry and exit point, and for how long and how big our target is going to make from one trade. another factor about swing trading is using our patience. if we are running of patience, we will easily liquidate our transactions earlier right before they hit our take profits.

    Not allowed!

  4. #1613
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8,159
    Promo (¢)
    5,170
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Queen View Post
    trading in swing style has its own simplicity and complexity just like any other styles of trading. there are several problems about swing trading such as the entry and exit point, and for how long and how big our target is going to make from one trade. another factor about swing trading is using our patience. if we are running of patience, we will easily liquidate our transactions earlier right before they hit our take profits.
    There can't be a perfect trading method and strategy, the trader just have to follow what works for them. For me, I use the price action trading and then I make use of it on the long term trading method. Therefore, it has got me a good wining rate. I could use it on the daily time frame or the 4H time frame, just depending on the one that I have seen a strong signal on.

    Not allowed!


  5. #1614
    Registered user Yayami's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,239
    Promo (¢)
    795
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 25
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    There can't be a perfect trading method and strategy, the trader just have to follow what works for them. For me, I use the price action trading and then I make use of it on the long term trading method. Therefore, it has got me a good wining rate. I could use it on the daily time frame or the 4H time frame, just depending on the one that I have seen a strong signal on.
    many things actually good for traders to use but it's our limitation that makes us not understand them all. meanwhile, we must choose to trade patiently rather than make things in a hurry because market isn't going anywhere but showing the movements where there are many indications we can use as our trading opportunities. nothing's perfect though, but at least with our own strategy we can understand market a little and make money with it.

    Not allowed!

  6. #1615
    Registered user
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    4,630
    Promo (¢)
    6,060
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 19
    Swing trading strategies are mostly used for long term analysis mostly used by part-time traders. But, part time bleeding is not a good way to earn money from the market because, Forex trading is a full time business not a part time business. But, if a trader have no time and he want to do swing then he have need to use daily time frame.

    Not allowed!

  7. #1616
    Registered user
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8,733
    Promo (¢)
    5,505
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 63
    Quote Originally Posted by letsdo View Post
    Swing trading strategies are mostly used for long term analysis mostly used by part-time traders. But, part time bleeding is not a good way to earn money from the market because, Forex trading is a full time business not a part time business. But, if a trader have no time and he want to do swing then he have need to use daily time frame.
    I guess you are not patient when you post this comment my friend, because the long term trading strategy is always working with part-time, the trader will not be able to be trading the market at all time, that is why they mostly be trading it through the part-time style. Besides that, swing traders can trade long term if the trader wants, but the swing traders can trade short time as well.

    Not allowed!

  8. #1617
    Registered user Azis Muslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5,462
    Promo (¢)
    900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190
    Quote Originally Posted by ajagbeolegba View Post
    I guess you are not patient when you post this comment my friend, because the long term trading strategy is always working with part-time, the trader will not be able to be trading the market at all time, that is why they mostly be trading it through the part-time style. Besides that, swing traders can trade long term if the trader wants, but the swing traders can trade short time as well.
    Different traders has their own technique and understanding to do this trading, that is why we can commonly see how other traders said that long term trading is not suitable to work as part time. Becoming a Forex trader must make us become a flexible person who must understand a lot of things about market and able to make the differences between things we want to use and we avoid because swing trading sometimes not giving us any good since our strategy not giving us any clue about it.

    Not allowed!

  9. #1618
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,010
    Promo (¢)
    3,420
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    Different traders has their own technique and understanding to do this trading, that is why we can commonly see how other traders said that long term trading is not suitable to work as part time. Becoming a Forex trader must make us become a flexible person who must understand a lot of things about market and able to make the differences between things we want to use and we avoid because swing trading sometimes not giving us any good since our strategy not giving us any clue about it.
    I think more than being a part time or full time trader, it depends on your strategy and what you want to trade. Because many part time traders can do well with long term trading and many full time traders avoid long term trading. When you are serious about learning and increasing the efficacy of your analysis, you have a better level of performance here.

    Not allowed!

  10. #1619
    Registered user Sascha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Racoon City
    Posts
    3,531
    Promo (¢)
    675
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhave4U View Post
    I think more than being a part time or full time trader, it depends on your strategy and what you want to trade. Because many part time traders can do well with long term trading and many full time traders avoid long term trading. When you are serious about learning and increasing the efficacy of your analysis, you have a better level of performance here.
    trading in swing style offers its own advantages and disadvantages at the same time, which will make traders must decide which things they better use such as strategy, tools, or something like of becoming full time or part time trader. for me, i trade based on news and swing based on specific time so it really gives me plenty of spare time to do something else beside forex. swing trading also reduce our stress especially when we're good at holding our patience and rely to our stop loss and take profit.

    Not allowed!

  11. #1620
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,728
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0
    Swing trading which is based on the long term trading is always preferred by most professional forex traders, they believe that there is something much noise when anyone trades lower time frame, swing trading is very helpful, it gives a trader the ability to analyze and forget about his trades until they reach their targets, this could be profitable or maybe losses.

    Not allowed!

Page 162 of 164 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •