Thread: Swing trading on currency market

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 191

Swing trading on currency market

Hi, traders!

In this thread I’ve decided to put together information and some slides from the webinar I’ve made today – «Swing trading Forex»

What is swing trading? How «swing trading» differs from «momentum trading»? Actually, there are many approaches to swing trading, but I will express my point of view on the subject.

Swing trading is trading on intervals more than 1-3 days, some traders may call it «long term» or «medium term», but in fact, good swing trade can last no more than 4-5 days. Swing trades are usually level-based trades. For example, if you trade momentum, you can capture short-term overbought or oversold condition of the market (imbalance) and trade-off scenario of inventory correction.

If you trade momentum, your trade will look like that:

Attachment 1998

You see, that typically you will buy high to sell higher. But in this case you act like a sniper, wait for perfect timing for your entry, then aggressively go with the market, capture profit and exit.
    Things are different with swing trading. For momentum trader it’s natural to exit pretty quickly (duration 3-4 hours for intraday trade) because his price is not relatively very good – momentum trader is unable to survive pullbacks, rotations and other activity of the market, before it reaches the target. That’s why momentum trader will tend to quickly reduce his risks, minimize stop losses or set them to breakeven.

Swing trader expects to get good price while his timing may not be ideal. If you expect to get good price, market can revisit your entry several times, rotate above your entry (if you go long), go sideways, and only after 2-3 days of sideways action price can break out from a range in the direction of your position (or may not break out)

Typical swing trade looks like that:

Attachment 1999

So, I’ve structurized difference between momentum and swing trades:

Attachment 2000

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    There are different styles of trading ranging from scalp trading, intra-day trading,swing trading and long term trading but I prefer both swing trading and position trading to any other because it has a very high profit probability though the number of trades might be so few but the chances of winning is very robust.
    each trader does have its own trading techniques in this trade so that way we have to do in trading is how this trade would be better to focus on his own trading style and if for example you busy in this trade we should be more focused in using swing trading or long term so no need to conduct ongoing supervision and only occasionally see or supervise

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    There are different styles of trading ranging from scalp trading, intra-day trading,swing trading and long term trading but I prefer both swing trading and position trading to any other because it has a very high profit probability though the number of trades might be so few but the chances of winning is very robust.
    I also prefer swing trading with averaging strategy to maximize the amount of profit. Yes, I personally only open positions start from 2 to 4 times daily but I can earn at least 100 pips profit. I think that's the advantages of swing trading, less risk but maximum profit. Am I right sir? Because I know I can trade only few times, I also apply averaging technique.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    yes the work with the momentum with the head and shoulder profile of chart for example left the options with the chance of managing those with the use of the help with the analytics system with the indy and the scripting to complete order and to left wider challange with the rest to manage the different customs of works with the trading job.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    This is indeed very good information for every traders ,To be honest we wont get this trading chance most of the time. We will get this types of trading chance often. I know a lot of new things about swing trading on currency market.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by parves01 View Post
    This is indeed very good information for every traders ,To be honest we wont get this trading chance most of the time. We will get this types of trading chance often. I know a lot of new things about swing trading on currency market.
    If traders want to trade them using swing trading style is a must see secondary assessments that will be able to make their will open trading positions in the medium term and, most importantly because of time or when they open up trade in a long time it had to do with trade substantial capital in their account until a time to get keuntungabn going great opportunity to gain

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 27
    Forex trading business totally depend upon traders all traders have their own ideas and strategies for making money in forex as we know that swing trading is also one of the best trading style and I think technical analysis provide much help in swing trading and there is less risk in this type of trading I think because we are waiting for swing in the market.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 32
    Most of the experienced forex traders always make sure that they take up the swing trades which has very much huge potential for making some huge number of pips with confidence. This may take some long waiting period to take the profits from the swing trading but the traders can always trade with more confidence and thus take up the trade with the best level possible to make some good profits. But one should have sufficient capital money for swing trading to hold during drawdowns.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by master0007 View Post
    I think the swing trading in the Forex is a very simple and if your understand it by your skilled and experience then your get making the success very easily and simply without any kinds of the hardworking,But for this you must keep needed the practice more and more.
    the most important thing a swing trader must have is highly level of patient when trading the market,swing trader must learn to hold trading for as long as it take,though atimes it might not be for more than a week and atimes 3-4 weeks,this type of trading is profitable but it also need to for to be highly patient and have proper knowledge and understanding of the market behavior

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6
    Swing trading is not for every trader. First be hones to your self. Introspection is the greatest thing in the trading, and it can help you a lot. Find your trading niche in your regular life and you will find what kind of trader you are. For example , if you are not very patient person do not try with swing trading, try some scalping methods. But the best answer will give you your trading statement, if you have good result on swing trading, than that kind of trading is the best for you.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6
    Although i do not like swing trading.I have to catch new high or new low.But if it reverse and unable to catch new high or new low then it fail to create momentum swing trade.When the critical point come in then i decide to sit on sideline.Because wait of new things happen, give me good chance to catch pips.When a trend is established well then i agree to chase momentum swing.

Not allowed!

Page 11 of 164 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast