Swing trading Forex
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 123

Thread: Swing trading Forex

  1. #1
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,105
    Promo (¢)
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 191

    Swing trading Forex

    Hi there!

    Tomorrow we will talk about Swing trading on currencies.

    Briefly - swing trading is a style designed for capturing medium-term movements, called "swings". Usual duration of position of swing trader is more than 1-3 days period, so this trading style suits those who can't be near monitor all the time, yet there are lots of nuances as well.

    Is it effective to add to your position or substract from it? What points are good for that?

    All questions we will cover on this webinar.


    Reserve your place here

    Not allowed!
    Last edited by Value trader; 12-17-2013 at 07:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered user Aqeel09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    35
    Promo (¢)
    0
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    It is a very simple system for simple minded people and I like that. I believe you should let winners run as long they are willing to run.
    If we can identify a trending pair and only trade while it is trending then we would (in my method) take the first one or two trade signals and ride the trend because each successive signal comes with increased risk of reversal.The biggest problem is non-trending markets. Whipsaws become very common when our think the market is trending or starting to trend but the market has other ideas .

    Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Rookie rinaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,557
    Promo (¢)
    2,035
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 304
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqeel09 View Post
    It is a very simple system for simple minded people and I like that. I believe you should let winners run as long they are willing to run.
    If we can identify a trending pair and only trade while it is trending then we would (in my method) take the first one or two trade signals and ride the trend because each successive signal comes with increased risk of reversal.The biggest problem is non-trending markets. Whipsaws become very common when our think the market is trending or starting to trend but the market has other ideas .
    I always entry when the market is oversold / overbought on H4 or higher, even when I was wrong in predicting and my position against the market trends I am looking for a new signal to take a new position in the same direction with the first position. Close position when I gain profit, close one by one or close all. Depending on market conditions, usually all clear between 1 to 7 days, do you think I am a swing trader?

    Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    358
    Promo (¢)
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    Dear Friend we have to decide which trading strategy suits us and according to that strategy we need to develop our own strategy. I believe that a swing trader can earn money with the good winning strategy but I think H4 or more higher time frame could be used to choose the trend of the market.

    Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    161
    Promo (¢)
    -375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    it is a very easy system for all the trader who wants to trade with easily.and i also think that we should get suitable trading strategy for us and which style is suitable for us how we will know it can be known by learning many things about forex strategies then we can find suitable strategies.and we have to improve our ability to develop our own strategy.Swing trader can earn more with the better strategy.

    Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3
    Promo (¢)
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I always entry when the market is oversold / overbought on H4 or higher, even when I was wrong in predicting and my position against the market trends I am looking for a new signal to take a new position in the same direction with the first position. Close position when I gain profit, close one by one or close all. Depending on market conditions, usually all clear between 1 to 7 days, do you think I am a swing trader?

    Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    65
    Promo (¢)
    430
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    hmmmm good statement it is a very profitable statement I believe that a swing trader can earn money with the good winning strategy but I think H4 or more higher time frame could be used to choose the trend of the market.

    Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,105
    Promo (¢)
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 191
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    it is a very easy system for all the trader who wants to trade with easily...
    Really, you think, that markets provide easy money? I don't think so, every trading style is quite tough, every trader should decide - what discomfort he is able to tolerate

    Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    140
    Promo (¢)
    -10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    and what type of news can help us to predict the actual swing of any pair? as during 1-3 days many news will come so how can we know that what would be the next direction of that particular currency that we want to trade with, i am confused about that.

    Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,105
    Promo (¢)
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 191
    Quote Originally Posted by harbir View Post
    and what type of news can help us to predict the actual swing of any pair? as during 1-3 days many news will come so how can we know that what would be the next direction of that particular currency that we want to trade with, i am confused about that.
    Are you trading following news? I don't think so - we all trade here using different forms of technical analysis (price action, market logic e t.c.).
    Like one famous trader said: "Use CNBC for entertainment, use charts for trading"

    Not allowed!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •