Trade ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds)

RoboForex Support RoboForex Stocks Team's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Trade ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds)

How ETFs Work

KEY FINDINGS

An exchange-traded fund (ETF) is a pooled investment vehicle with shares that can
    be bought or sold throughout the day on a stock exchange at a market-determined
    price.
    Like a mutual fund, an ETF offers investors a proportionate share in a pool of
    stocks, bonds, and other assets.

Generally, the price at which an ETF trades on a stock exchange is a close
    approximation to the market value of the underlying securities that it holds in
    its portfolio.

Example, when you trade ETF on SPY - you trade S&P 500 index.

ETF.jpg

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Stocks Team; 10-12-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    SPY - SPDR S&P 500 ETF
    SPY is one of the largest and most heavily-traded ETFs in the world, offering exposure to one of the most well known equity benchmarks

GDX - VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF
    This ETF offers investors exposure to some of the largest gold mining companies in the world, thereby delivering what can be thought of as "indirect" exposure to gold prices. Because the profitability of gold miners depends on the prevailing market price for the goods that they sell, these stocks will generally exhibit a strong correlations to movements in spot gold prices. When gold prices go up, gold miners make more money (and vice versa).

EEM - iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF
    EEM is one of the most popular ETFs in the world, and is one of the oldest products on the market offering exposure to stock markets of emerging economies. Given this objective, EEM can be used in a number of different ways; this ETF can be equally useful as a short-term trade to increase exposure to risky assets or as a core holding in a long-term, buy-and-hold portfolio.

XLF - Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund
    This ETF, one of the powerhouse SPDR products, provides exposure to an index that includes companies from the following industries: diversified financial services; insurance; commercial banks; capital markets; real estate investment trusts; thrift & mortgage finance; consumer finance; and real estate management & development. XLF contains the who's-who of the financial players in the domestic economy, including JP Morgan, Wells Fargo, and others.

USO - United States Oil Fund
    The United States Oil Fund (NYSEARCA: USO) is an exchange-traded fund (ETF) designed to provide investors with exposure to West Texas Intermediate crude oil. USO is the largest and most liquid exchange-traded product in the segment and provides commodity exposure requiring a commodity futures account.
    To track the daily price movements and provide exposure to WTI crude oil, the fund holds front-month futures contracts on crude oil. For example, as of July 30, 2015, the fund holds 54,786 NYMEX WTI Crude Oil futures contracts that expire in September 2015 at $48.52, and the total market value of this holding is $2.66 billion.

VXX - iPath® S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN
    This ETF offers investors a way to access equity market volatility, an asset class that may have appeal thanks primarily to its negative correlation to U.S. and international stocks. The VIX index tends to spike when anxiety increases, and as such often moves in the opposite direction of stocks.

EWJ - iShares MSCI Japan ETF
    This ETF offers exposure to large cap Japanese stocks, making EWJ an opportunity to bet on one of the largest economies in the world that has been stuck in a low growth environment for several decades. EWJ is by far the most popular ETF option for exposure to Japanese stocks, and is by far the oldest focusing on this market.

etc, more than 1000 ETFs on https://stock.roboforex.com/:

UWTI - VelocityShares 3x Long Crude Oil ETN
    QQQ - PowerShares QQQ ETF
    EFA - iShares MSCI EAFE ETF
    FXI - iShares China Large-Cap ETF
    EWZ - iShares MSCI Brazil Capped ETF
    GDXJ - VanEck Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF
    XOP - SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF
    XLE - Energy Select Sector SPDR Fund
    XLU - Utilities Select Sector SPDR Fund
    VWO - Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF
    JNUG - Direxion Daily Junior Gold Miners Index Bull 3x Shares ETF
    XLP - Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR Fund
    HYG - iShares iBoxx $ High Yield Corporate Bond ETF
    GLD - SPDR Gold Shares ETF
    SLV - iShares Silver Trust ETF
    DGAZ - VelocityShares 3x Inverse Natural Gas ETN
    JNK - SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bond ETF
    XLI - Industrial Select Sector SPDR Fund
    DUST - Direxion Daily Gold Miners Index Bear 3x Shares ETF
    UCO - ProShares Ultra Bloomberg Crude Oil0
    XLK - Technology Select Sector SPDR Fund

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 9
    i like the stock markets so much and i like the us market for trading and investing in some stocks is so nice for the real meaning of investing so i prefer to invest my own money some of them with some stocks like Google or ebay so i like some stocks to trade with in order to make a daily return or even a monthly return .

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamed reda View Post
    i like the stock markets so much and i like the us market for trading and investing in some stocks is so nice for the real meaning of investing so i prefer to invest my own money some of them with some stocks like Google or ebay so i like some stocks to trade with in order to make a daily return or even a monthly return .
    Dear Mohamed,
    Thanks for your post.
    1. Have you started trading on our Demo or Live accounts?
    2. Could you provide your feedback?
    3. Have you subscribe to our trading ideas service to be tuned with fresh trading ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLWK...ature=youtu.be ?

RoboForex Stock Team

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3
    [lang=ar]I dealt a lot in the stock markets very much in the US market for trade and investment and have enjoyed and achieved a profit from the investment with the better to invest my money in forex trading with some stocks, such as Facebook.[/lang]

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    [lang=ar]I dealt a lot in the stock markets very much in the US market for trade and investment and have enjoyed and achieved a profit from the investment with the better to invest my money in forex trading with some stocks[/lang]

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    India ETFs

India ETFs invest in securities domiciled in India. India is known as one of the most important emerging markets in the world because of its massive population and growth potential.

TOP 10 India ETFs
    INDA - iShares MSCI India ETF
    EPI - WisdomTree India Earnings Fund
    INDY - iShares India 50 ETF
    PIN - PowerShares India Portfolio ETF
    INP - iPath MSCI India Index ETN
    SCIF - VanEck Vectors India Small-Cap Index ETF
    INCO - EGShares India Consumer ETF
    SMIN - iShares MSCI India Small-Cap ETF
    INDL - Direxion Daily India Bull 3x Shares ETF
    INXX - EGShares India Infrastructure ETF
    SCIN - EGShares India Small Cap ETF

The iShares MSCI India (BATS:*INDA) exchange-traded fund (ETF) tracks the performance of the MSCI India Index, which measures the investment results of Indian equities with market capitalization that represent the top 85% of firms of the Indian stock market. The fund employs a passive indexing approach and does not trade stocks to benefit from equity market swings. Since its inception in 2012, the fund has demonstrated an average annual return of 5.83%.

There are a few alternatives to INDA. The WisdomTree India Earnings fund invests in Indian stocks with a higher concentration on the financials sector of the Indian economy. The fund also invests in technology, energy and consumer cyclicals stocks.

The PowerShares India ETF is another alternative that invests in Indian stock with a similar focus on the technology, energy and financials sectors of the Indian economy.

The Market Vectors India Small-Cap fund is another option with a niche investment strategy of holding small-cap Indian stocks. The fund's holdings are highly concentrated on consumer cyclicals financials stocks and target companies that cater predominantly to local consumption.

Read more:

Not allowed!
    Last edited by RoboForex Stocks Team; 02-15-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1
    [lang=ar]We ask you to explain more about this topic because many here are more interested in currency trading
    When I started trading, I traded stocks on my stock exchange. This made me understand more about trading in terms of technical indicators. But we need a lot of explanation about this trade to learn more about the right choice in trade.
    Thank you[/lang]

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    The stocks markets could be a good way to start trading for traders and beginners . They offer some relative stability , and are less volatile than the forex markets . Stocks enable to get some small investments with less risks on the global markets . That could help those that would rather get small risks with relative small returns on the long term . The risk reward ratio for stocks is less high than for the forex currencies , that is the main reason why some traders would prefer to go on the forex markets . But long term investments could be realized with stocks , on the markets .

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1
    [lang=ar]Yes ,the stock trading is less risky. It is also a good trade. I love the work. It is not very different from forex trading in terms of the ways of analysis, but here I have not found detailed topics about US stock trading and how it can be used. Is it possible to open topics here?[/lang]

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast