Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Economic Indicators: COT report, US economic data

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Free Economic Indicators: COT report, US economic data

Hello everyone,
    In this thread I'd like to share with you some side results of project I'm currently working on right now. It's a package of indicators which can be used to get economic data - Commitment of Traders (COT) reports, US economic data (like inflation, unemployment, GDP, money supply etc.). I'm using these indicators as a feeds for my ANN system, but I believe lots of you will find it useful in your trade and analysis.

ALL DATA IS UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY!
    No need to cope with files, manual stuff etc. I'm getting the data from official web sites directly! So once the new info appears on sites like CFTC, BLS, FRED etc - the system automatically gets it.
    What trading platforms supported. Currently I've only implemented it for MT4 - but actually I'm gonna implement it for other platforms like ZuluTrade, Ninja Trader etc. (unfortunately I'm not familiar with their codebase yet - so it will take me some time to learn).
    How it looks. Here are the examples of what you can get on your MT4 terminal.
    Examples of COT reports and charts

You can download the package for FREE with indicators from this page - http://www.darkmindfx.com/freedownload.html - also there you'll find the instructions on how to make these indicators available in your MT4 terminal.
    NOTE: All this stuff is in Very BETA stage! If you'll try it and face any issues - don't hesitate and drop me a line - wither in this thread on as private message. I'll try to fix it ASAP.

I'll be maintaining this thread in order to get your feedback and provide you with fixes and updates. So in case if you're interested in some particular indicator - feel free to drop me a line here.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Hello, fellow traders
    I've made one interesting update to MT4 indicators package - set of basic economic indicators for UNITED KINGDOM!
    So right now there are around 50 indicator for UK and they are divided into four sections:
    01. GDP & Current Account
    02. Consumer Prices
    03. Producer Prices
    04. Money Supply
    The sample of the UK indicators can be seen on this screenshot:

BTW in case if you'd like to see some other specific indicators - drop me a line in this thread.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 90
    Thank you for sharing but the truth is that you do not need any of those things before you can trade forex profitably and successfully. It is not indicators that determines success in forex trading but how well you can apply correctly the knowledge you have already acquired through learning and practice. It is better you look at the chart than to be searching for commitment of traders report. It is better you trade what you see on the chart and make sure that your risk is well managed in trading

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Hi layigold

In fact I can say that this is some part of the knowledge I have acquired :) Everybody is talking about what they see on the change and risk management but my thinking is that in order to understand in which part of the trend you are it is always good to look at the "big dogs" - and COT and fundamental indicators is the good way for this.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Yeah there is no doubt in it that all the trading education would play an very imporatnt role in our trading success but most of trader's hvae now their own system of trading but all those trader's who are new to this market can take a look on this and can use this in their trading education, for now I am only following the support and resistance and at the end we are only for the earning in our account that I am getting from the support and resistance.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 538
    Quote Originally Posted by layigold View Post
    Thank you for sharing but the truth is that you do not need any of those things before you can trade forex profitably and successfully. It is not indicators that determines success in forex trading but how well you can apply correctly the knowledge you have already acquired through learning and practice. It is better you look at the chart than to be searching for commitment of traders report. It is better you trade what you see on the chart and make sure that your risk is well managed in trading
    According to me fundamental alone would not be helpful, these words are absoltely right that if we have our trading system to earn then better to use the same if we are getting consistency, following trend is essential in trading but fundamental trading can be much differ from the trend trading and I am also thinking that only a good knowledge of technical terms can give us success here.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2
    Many traders are saying that economics indicators are not working proper.. because many time they indicate to wrong order and side so then you can loss some amount of pips. if you want working manual on the economics then this is very very better for you . because then you can make very good amount of pips on the economics news and events..

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 20
    I am interested in your economic data indicator because its look very good and informative for us. I follow your link but cannot find that indicator so if you please shared this indicator at your thread in roboforex forum. Can you post this indicator files direct on this forum because its easy for me and other members to get easily your indicator and use in our trading for earning profit.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    thank you for sharing these informations and so this will make trading more accurate and more effective and so the trader will improve his trading and will be able to get better results and will be able to make good money from the market, the trader should see these resource to be able to know where the market will go always.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    it is good to share these helpful data that help the trader to trade well and make money because with them the trader will know better about the market and will be able to know how to choose the good trading positions and will be able to improve his trading and will be able to enjoy trading more and more and will be able to make profits easier than before.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast