Styles and methods of trading - Page 3
Page 3 of 435 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Styles and methods of trading

Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 151

Styles and methods of trading

Trading style is unique for every trader. Style of trading on the stock exchange depends on the initial experience of money management and the value of money in his life.

There is a variety of trading styles, but that does not mean that traders are unable to go against their natural preference, and does not imply that the choice cannot be changed.

There are many ways to describe the style of trading. Some people define it by the markets in which they trade, or by currencies and commodities that they trade. Others use fundamental or technical division, some people characterize it by the type of trade such as spreads or options.

Here are the different styles and methods of trading:
    • Scalping method
    • Momentum trading
    • Technical method
    • Intermarket spread trade
    • Arbitration trading

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 193
    Dear Gulfstream, I prefer to use scalping and technical method in my trade. This because I have small capital, impossible to trade in long term, and technical analysis that provides me a signal to decide when to enter and exit. I like to gain profit little by little with less risk using small time frame from M5 to M30 because I won't let my trade ended for more than a day and ended up in long term trade.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 69
    According to that many of technique and style of trading, I prefer to do like long term than scalp, I do not like scalping because of high volatility. I like trade on long term and news release trading too. So I actually do two types of trading style, scalping and momentum trading in news release.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Dear aris90, I don't mean to offend your post but when I read yours, I'm bit confuse about your explanation here. You said that "I do not like scalping because of high volatility. I like trade on long term and news release trading too. So I actually do two types of trading style, scalping and momentum trading in news release." Do you mind explain it more details because I don't get what you mean sir.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 14
    Different traders master in different styles. Like i am mastered and expert in swing trading. And my weakness is that, i cant do scalping. I usually do loss when i do scalping. But this may not be the case with others. Some might be very good in scalping and very bad in swing traading.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by taharoyal52 View Post
    Different traders master in different styles. Like i am mastered and expert in swing trading. And my weakness is that, i cant do scalping. I usually do loss when i do scalping. But this may not be the case with others. Some might be very good in scalping and very bad in swing traading.
    Yes sir i agree with you that everyone has and master the different techniques. Like you who master the technique of swing and get more profit and can not do scalping, I am quite the opposite. I was better than scalping on swing technique because it is difficult for me to do the technique as you and I still do not understand it well. For now, I also follow all of your analysis in different thread and learn techniques that you share.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 311
    Quote Originally Posted by taharoyal52 View Post
    You have in common with me, scalping is a style that makes me huge loss for almost two years, before I try to swing trading and really comfortable with this style. This proves that I am not fit to do scalping in my trade. Everyone must have a psychological difference, availability of time, capital, etc. that should be adjusted in choosing a style of trading.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by maly View Post
    almost all traders when using scalping method when trasaksi always use indicator,the use of indicators is to know and understand how to use it, so then we will be able to trade well and will be always able to succeed in a state that will continue to change in this trade, because all that will I do this will I be able to make a successful slowly
    so trader even trade without the use of indicators,well i guess the primary reason everybody is trading is to make money and before we can make the money we need to understand the market very,the best way to understand the market is to spend time with the demo account,this is the only way we can get market experience.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    of the many trading styles as you mentioned above, most of the strategies used by traders is scalping style. Many traders feel the scalping style trading is the easiest style that can be learned and executed. It only took 5-10 pips once order.
    However, many traders who say that this is very risky trading style.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 16
    First of all I would like express my thanks for sharing the wise style and method of trading. I read almost all the method carefully and I came to learn that scalping is the fastest way to make pips in short time for the beginners. I am also beginner and thus I select the scalping method with a hope to very less profit/loss within very short term trading. All the methods are good, but I need to implement it step by step after becoming expert in scalping.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2
    I think that forex is one of the risky business, here we have invest our money, so that the method that is used called scalping is also risky, but better than any other method, we should make proper analysis of the market, and then apply that analysis on the trade to get some money from the trading.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 435 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast