Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading opportunities in Indonesia

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 191

Trading opportunities in Indonesia

Hey guys

First of all, I would like to say a lot of thanks to the Administration of the RoboForex forum for holding a brand new type of contest in this forum. It is a great opportunity for me to participate this contest and I wish the best to all participants here. Well, let us just straight to the point. Here we have to make various approaches to trading based on our countries. I will begin my own story of trading experience with RoboForex. It has been rough years for traders in Indonesia due to several issues from the government itself. For privacy reason, I have blocked some pictures below only in the faces.

Introduction
    My name is Azis Muslim and I used it as my username in this forum too. I am from Indonesia, in Medan City that located in North Sumatera. I have been trading with RoboForex and joined this forum since September 2013. So it has been a quite experience here with this broker and great forum. Here is the location of where I live in Indonesia. I am using Google Maps so people will find it easily where I live.

How I connect to RoboForex website and Forum?
    I always use internet connection through my modem and laptop. I browsed both RoboForex website and RoboForum with Google Chrome browser without using any proxy IP at the first time. But unfortunately I have to use it because, started per November 25th 2013, the Bappebti (National Commodity Futures Trading Regulatory Agency) through Kominfo(Communication and Information Department) in Indonesia has blocked internet access from almost all foreign brokers using Trust+ and Nawala DNS. Check the link below to see the proof.

http://trustpositif.kominfo.go.id/?lang=en

That Trust+ and Nawala DNS used to block such illegal or gambling sites, but why such foreign brokers which is legally regulated also blocked from Indonesia in this modern age of internet and investment? As Indonesian I just have my thoughts and opinions, never have a question to that answer. Well then, let us just leave the previous cases because it has been solved by using proxy add-on and until now I can access RoboForex and the Forum freely.

And this is what happen if I turned off the proxy extension in my Google Chrome, I am unable to connect even to RoboForum.

Why the Communication and Information Department in Indonesia blocked the access to RoboForex?
    Well, it is not only RoboForex websites that has been blocked in Indonesia’s server or IP address. There are lots of other websites that are legally around the world has been blocked too, limiting Indonesian to access the websites. The government said through the Department that they have to do that in order to close illegal websites which has inappropriate contents for kids or people below +18 and law in Indonesian such as gambling and adult sites.

But this idea was limiting Indonesian people to access the legal sites such as forex brokers and many more. This method not only blocked the illegal sites but also the legal sites too. Once the authorization has been made, local internet service provider apply this settings and start blocking websites. I got 2 links and some screenshots regarding this issue. Check it.

http://www.financemagnates.com/forex...rmation-sites/

http://www.forexfactory.com/news.php?do=news&id=459611

Most people in Indonesian, especially those who use internet as their main income for living, start getting mad to government and most of them give their petition to online websites and complain to National Department that handles corruption in Indonesia to check if there is any corrupt problems between Departments or government officials. Here one of many comments from an Indonesian trader I got in another forum discussions about this issue.

Which trading session(s) I always use to trade in Indonesia?
    In Indonesia, there are 3 different timezones. They are West, Central, and East timezone. Medan is in West timezone so it uses GMT+7. In this timezone, I can trade all the trading sessions because it is 4.00 AM in the morning when market open and market is about to enter the Asian trading session. I also never got any problem with other session. European session comes approximately at 2.00 PM and American session also comes approximately at 7.00 PM.

But when we focus on the smaller view and reduce it only to Indonesia, there are 3 timezones we can see here through the screenshot below.

How do you know about forex trading?
    At first, I learned my trading experience and simple things about forex trading from my job as a financial consultant in local broker back in 2013. My job was to attract people to be the company’s client then describe them what is forex and the benefits of trading in the company, then tell them to deposit their funds and trade their money. Financial consultant (FC) is like an IB job to promote brokers but FC not only to promote or attract people but also trade their money too. That is why most cases in Indonesia came from local brokers that people been tricked or fooled by their FC’s and lost their whole money they have invested in the broker.

Since I was unable to attract any clients and got no salary from the company. I decided to quit the job and start learning forex on my own by browsing through internet. I found out many sources of knowledge and brokers to work with. Fortunately, I found RoboForex Forum and then I registered here approximately in September 23rd 2013. I learned a lot of new informations and trading strategies in this forum and in the next month, I got my first payment of bonus to trade.

What is your first expectation in this RoboForum and what are things you can get?
    From this forum, I also learned trading psychology learning especially from Value trader through his online webinar. Value trader is the only Educator in this forum has shared a lot of threads which teach traders about the whole things that related to forex trading.

I like all his threads but the only thing that makes me always remember him is his thread of FOMO – Fear of missing out. It is because that a lot of people suffered this FOMO condition.

Value trader
    Fear of missing out

Besides him, there are some other members in this forum who have created threads and share their strategies and psychology which I learned a lot from them. They are taharoyal52, rinaji, and elena. Thanks a lot guys for your great shares in here, I am really appreciate your threads in this forum by sharing such valuable informations. From them, I learned a lot of strategy which supported by screenshots and detailed analysis.

taharoyal52
    Inverted Head and Shoulders trading strategy!
    VH Indicator
    The Golden System
    My Daily Analysis Price Action Strategy
    Trend-Line trading strategy!
    Harmonic Trading

rinaji
    Simple Support and Resistance (Dynamic and Static) part 1
    Playing with the logic in trading

elena
    3 candle strategy

to be continued ...

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 12
    [lang=id]Wow.. you succesfully explain how forex grow in indonesia.. I believe that u will win this contest (Y)[/lang]

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by zeldha View Post
    [lang=id]Wow.. you succesfully explain how forex grow in indonesia.. I believe that u will win this contest (Y)[/lang]
    Thank you sir for such good post and leaving a thumb here, wish you luck then.
    No no I still got something to do to my thread, need more stuffs to add. I am still thinking what I am supposed to do, still need little bit time to make precise contents.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Hey guys

I am back with some new contents. It seems that the contest is getting more challenging since the participant’s number is increasing and they got a lot of interesting contents to be shared through their threads. It makes me to add my own new material about my trading experience and opportunities from my country Indonesia which I have not added before in my previous post. Here are the contents, check this out.

What are the information, experiences, and knowledges you gain from your community?
    Here I will share few techniques from my community which I got them from seminar and the other member who participate that seminar. Couple materials were copy-pasted to my laptop and they are legit, secret, and paid ones. This should not be shared for free but for contest purpose, I would do that and want everybody learn what I learn. There are few patterns to determine the market’s trend. These patterns only applies for Hourly time frame.

1. Trend Up
    Market shows ascending movement with the following correction. Correction ratio usually takes half of the ascending movement. For example, if the ascending movement has 40-50% of the yesterday’s high and low price, the correction will be 20-30%.

2. Trend Down
    The opposite from Trend Up, market tends to move descending and followed by the correction too. The percentage ratio was calculated from yesterdays high and low price.

3. Recovery Up
    Market moves 40-60% up from the open market then go down as the correction below the open market for 30%. After that, market will move up again and will move sideways for sometime.

4. Recovery Down
    The opposite from Recovery Up, market moves 40-60% down below the open market then go up as the correction, followed with several sideways movement after that.

5. Rebound Up
    This pattern shows strong uptrend, the signal from 6 continuous bullish candles without any correction. After reaching the new high, market will go down for at least 90% of current upside movement.

6. Rebound Down
    The opposite from Rebound Up, market firstly go down below the open market, move up, then go down again for more than 6 candles without any upside correction.

7. Rally Up
    Has the same indication with Trend Up and Rebound Up, market tends to go up followed with some corrections, then finally reach the high with 6 candles without any correction. And just like Rebound patterns, it will go down for trend's changing for 90% from the current movement.

8. Rally Down
    The opposite from the Rally Up, after market reach the new high or reach the target, it will go down for trend's changing for 90% from the current movement.

to be continued ...

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Hey guys

Here I go again, back with some contents to add in my thread. I think I still got something new about my trading opportunities in Indonesia. I hope this would be the last posts of this thread from me about Indonesia and my trading experiences here with RoboForex too. I am out of ideas and I hope these contents are enough to make a good ending. Check this out, guys. I finally got some questions which will be answered below.

What are the differences between RoboForum and other Forum in Indonesia?
    Before participating this forum, I also tested some other forum which has a lot of Indonesian members and we were allowed to write down things in Indonesian besides English. Some other forums also talking about forex trading which only allowed Indonesian as the members because the forum itself was purposely made for Indonesian.

The payment or bonus system was not like this RoboForum. There are some difference between RoboForum and other Forum in Indonesia:

1. Terms and conditions of profit withdrawals
    In Indonesian forum, once we get the bonus which paid weekly or monthly and make some profits with it, the bonus itself will be removed from our account and we should start over again and post in the forum, collect another bonuses to trade. This made a lot of people posted some junk posts and forced them to post meaningless replies which sometime made no sense.

Unlike RoboForum which has monthly bonus payment and we can withdraw as many profits as we can. For more detailed information, you guys can check in here The main conditions of promotion “Communicative Bonus” or read my screenshot below.

2. Low and slow response from the management
    Some forums in Indonesia has low and slow response from the management. If there was anyone who broke the rules, the management looks careless and did not do anything about it. That is why some rules were broken and along with the forum. Not all forums but some of them got this issue.

Otherwise, RoboForum do the opposite. Here we got active Moderators and Administrator who handle this forum greatly. Not only that, this is the first and the only forum I know who have different types and assignment of each Moderators. That what makes this forum runs properly, everybody do their job perfectly and got their own task to do. One become an educator, contest manager, clients support, and many more.

3. Unlimited posts per day
    In some forums in Indonesia, members can posts unlimited which will lead to bonus hunting and most of the posts are meaningless. The intention only to get the bonus, not to discuss any matters about forex trading. This is the biggest issue on every forum some people keep breaking this rules.

Although I did not see any limitation to post in this forum, I never suggest anyone to make over post things in this forum, especially when they keep posting things without adding some quotes from other members who posted previously. For me, I only reply some posts that related to the topic and unusual. I do not like people writing the same things all over again because we here to discuss not only to get the bonus. I never like spammers.

4. Auto-saved contents feature
    This is the most useful thing I can find in this forum which most forums not only in Indonesia but also other foreign forums do not have this feature. It is very useful for members to automatically save the contents we were typed before and we can simply recover our contents whenever our browser shut down suddenly due to electricity problems, internet connection issue, and other problems which caused our browser closed.

It takes couple seconds for system to save our contents and whenever we return to the same link or thread which we lost the contents before, there are a button in the left corner below and we can click it then poof, all contents we typed before will be recovered perfectly. See also the yellow signs to know whether our contents are saved or not in the right side.

5. Automatic translations
    In many forums, there are no automatic translations for members to understand the forum with their own languages. But here, we can easily get the forum translated to our preferred language. Well, it does not mean we can use our own language to post in this forum because we must use English no matter what happen. And one more thing, do not use any translation programs or software.

In my screenshots, since I am from Indonesia and choose Indonesian as my preferred language, system will automatically shows that I am Indonesian and I can make my post which typed in English, if I use language BBcodes, other members who choose Indonesia will see my post translated to Indonesia. My profile, link to the forum website, and also my quick reply are in Indonesia.

At last, we finally meet the ending. Thanks for all members who already gave their thumbs here in my thread, I really appreciate that a lot. And for other members who find this thread interesting, you may leave at least a thumb here especially if you are from Indonesia because we are here as brothers in forum. I would not forget to say thanks to the Administrator and Moderators who hold such contest in this forum. I hope we can see another contest in the next month of September.

Thank you very much and have a nice trading day guys

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Hey guys

Here is the last and will be my review in this thread. When I was checking my thread and I found out that the first screenshot of mine was broken and only showed half picture. In this chance, I will re-upload the new image and add some other contents. I promise this is the last because tomorrow contest will end.

Introduction
    My name is Azis Muslim and I used it as my username in this forum too. I am from Indonesia, in Medan City that located in North Sumatera. I have been trading with RoboForex and joined this forum since September 2013. So it has been a quite experience here with this broker and great forum. Here is the location of where I live in Indonesia. I am using Google Maps so people will find it easily where I live.

Quick facts about Medan city
    Medan is the capital city of North Sumatera in Indonesia which located in the western time zone. Medan is following the same hours as Jakarta with GMT +7 just as Bangkok and Hanoi. In the quick facts above, you will see that there are some places, mosque, and palace which symbolized Medan and make its unique. I will just make it short because those places are not included in the part of my trading opportunities so let us just skip it.

Is there any proofs why forex trading is not so famous in Indonesia?
    The answer is simple, it is because most businessman in my country make their investments already in stock market. I do not exactly why they prefer to choose stock over forex but one thing for sure, any information about forex trading is very limited in my country. Here I got some screenshots about the proofs in the Indonesia news website and see that stock market is more talked.

See that running notices? It is running price of stocks in Indonesia. I do not see any complete information about forex there because the headlines mostly discussed about stocks here and stock there.

Look at the news above, they are discussing about stocks, index, and economic informations and none of them were talking about forex trading or any currencies except IDR. There is just a review of exchange value of IDR from one of Bank in Indonesia. And here is another list of headline news I found in the website which provides no news about forex.

I hope this is enough to show you all the proofs that forex trading is not so famous in Indonesia. Because all media does not provide such information about it unless we as the Indonesian search it by ourself. And hope this is good ending for my thread and I let the result on the Administrator and the Moderators to handle.

Thanks for your great support guys.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 184
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    I personally use WebMoney as my payment system to withdraw the profits made from my account.
    How about Fasapay? I see fasapay can be used to withdraw and deposit in Roboforex, I am Indonesian, and I still use Webmoney, but is fasapay can be a consideration? Because the owner is also Indonesian. I read this thread from beginning to end, you are really a full trader. Greetings from me as an Indonesian too. Wish we luck always...

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12