Is one Trading Strategy Enough?
Page 1 of 109 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Is one Trading Strategy Enough?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 73

Is one Trading Strategy Enough?

I have issues on jumping from one strategy to the other hoping to get a stable system that will make good profits from me. It's really obvious that its not easy for me sticking to one system because every system have its downsides. As a trader how do you cope with a trading strategy. Do you stick with one system or you have more numerous system to trade with in any market condition.

I have tried to focus on one but seems my risk is greater than my profits at the end and after some time I will even struggle to break even. How do you guys cope when it comes with a trading system, do you change them often or do you stick with a consistent wining system that have low risk of loosing up your capital.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 68
    Forex market movement changes from time to time and as a trader you could be having a difficult time in managing an existing strategy which have been profitable before. I don't depend on one strategy because this market changes from time to time and when I see that my strategy is not looking effective, I try to work on it and see if it can fit on the current movement behaviour of the market. It's not bad having different strategies as long as they can help you make profits in some types of market conditions.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 11
    I don't see why traders will jump from one strategy to the other instead of working on one strategy to make it effective for them in producing profits. It will be risky traders to keep testing different strategies without having a focus. Am sure that one strategy is already enough to give us that success we need in forex and the best we can do is to always improve that strategy and know how to manage loss.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1
    when a trader gain some experience he try to improve his trading style everytime and search for the "holy grail" method to do trade properley, everyday he try a new system that can bring him more return to his account, it's wise to master one or two strategies and stop searching for other systems, master what you have in your hands first and then try to understand basics concepts in trading.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 30
    In my opinion the trading using one trading strategy can help us being able to get focus in one way for the trading but no think of more than one way to trade with . that all the types of strategies can be possible at some time and they can have some weak points in other places . so we have to think well of the strategy we use.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 73
    Quote Originally Posted by hosny55 View Post
    In my opinion the trading using one trading strategy can help us being able to get focus in one way for the trading but no think of more than one way to trade with . that all the types of strategies can be possible at some time and they can have some weak points in other places . so we have to think well of the strategy we use.
    Yes when it comes to focus, we will have a reason to stick with a system indeed. It's acceptable that sometimes we can see our strategy having hard time to live to expectations but on terms of focus we should improve our system more better. Some needs large number of strategies as they change them often but I will prefer it if one can be focused with one profitable system and learn on the way to manage his risk.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Well! to me as a trader, we have a lot of strategies that traders are using in trading, but it is all depends on how effectively we can use those strategies. i so much belief that it is better to stick to a strategy than we continue to jump from one to another, we may not be able to master any if care is not taken.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    if this one strategy work well then it will be enough for the trader because he knows how t trade with it well and know how to make good profits with it, the trader that find his strategy is not good then he can replace it or try to improve it to be able to make better trading and can be able to make better money, trading with good strategy is required for successful trading.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    If we should have just one trading strategy and we know how to make good use of it and master it, we will become successful through it. I have got to know of some traders who have so many trading strategy but then at the same time they keep on losing, they can't make a dime from the market. So it is better to be skilled and master a single strategy.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiekc View Post
    If we should have just one trading strategy and we know how to make good use of it and master it, we will become successful through it. I have got to know of some traders who have so many trading strategy but then at the same time they keep on losing, they can't make a dime from the market. So it is better to be skilled and master a single strategy.
    A single strategy which have a high chance of giving us profits won't be bad if we decide to stick to it. It's better instead of having huge number of strategies and not been able to produce good result for yourself. We get to look out on what works best for us and forex can be very profitable when we learn to trade with a powerful system which will be more effective to give us profits.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 109 123451151101 ... LastLast