Thread: Trading System

Super Moderator RoboForex Trader's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 33

Trading System

What is the Trading System?

The Trading System implies a number of rules, algorithms and strategies which could help to get a profit. Anything can be used as a signal whether it be planned news or indicators or japanese candlesticks charting, even if it is tick-tack-toe combination. The only limitation is your imagination, and the only criteria is profit you get. The Trading System should be formalizable. It’s necessary for trader to have a possibility of describing his actions within each specific situation. The trader must abide by established rules also to keep an algorithm, because it’s breaking can result in unstable trading.

There are two types of trading system.
    MTS – is the Mechanical Trading System. It means the trading system, which is managed by trader manual. Lots of the most popular MTS are based on a code of practice, indicators, oscillators or even news.
    ATS –is the Automatic Trading System or Robot – in another words. It is completely programmed cycle of actions which needs monitoring and control by trader only. Lots of ATS also use indicators. There are some Robots which working process is based on Martingale system and lock trading.

The System as itself consists of:
    1. Strategy – the main point.
    2. Set of rules for open\close deal optimization.
    3. Many-management to optimize losses and fatten the profits.

All of pre-cited factors should be used in a successive order (as it numbered). It is needed to except Trading parameters’ re-optimization, when the System repeats algorithms and actions which have fattened the profits precedently. But it does not guarantee such efficiency hereafter.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 68
    The fact is that we need a good trading strategy before we can succeed in this business. First of all, we need to follow the demo account. But the one we will decide on should just be simple, because the more simple a trading strategy is, then the more likely that the trader will have a good full experience and more knowledge regarding how they should use it.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    The fact is that we need a good trading strategy before we can succeed in this business. First of all, we need to follow the demo account. But the one we will decide on should just be simple, because the more simple a trading strategy is, then the more likely that the trader will have a good full experience and more knowledge regarding how they should use it.
    At the beginning of time we need to spend our time, a lot actually in demo to learn anything necessary to improve ourself from knowing a little about Forex until a lot. Of course it is going to take unlimited time and I can not say it should be enough to spend for few months. I have been trading here for years and honestly I finally made satisfying result after 3 years trading and making mistakes. During that time, I have lost countless of opportunities and money at my range.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    At the beginning of time we need to spend our time, a lot actually in demo to learn anything necessary to improve ourself from knowing a little about Forex until a lot. Of course it is going to take unlimited time and I can not say it should be enough to spend for few months. I have been trading here for years and honestly I finally made satisfying result after 3 years trading and making mistakes. During that time, I have lost countless of opportunities and money at my range.
    First we have to give enough time on demo to learn necessary things especially strategy and a trading system. Without a trading system we will be confused about so many things like which lot size to use and how to react to different market pictures and behavioral shifts. So in short we can consider the trading system to include a strategy and the management rules to govern our overall trading meaningfully.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekwala View Post
    First we have to give enough time on demo to learn necessary things especially strategy and a trading system. Without a trading system we will be confused about so many things like which lot size to use and how to react to different market pictures and behavioral shifts. So in short we can consider the trading system to include a strategy and the management rules to govern our overall trading meaningfully.
    You are right about that, it is very important to give a lot of time to the demo account, when we do, I am sure we then will be able to make good trading decisions. A lot has to be learned. Trading system has to be the one that works in accordance with a traders personality, hence the reason why the demo account has to be involved so that we can understand the use of it.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 41
    You are right about that, it is very important to give a lot of time to the demo account, when we do, I am sure we then will be able to make good trading decisions. A lot has to be learned. Trading system has to be the one that works in accordance with a traders personality, hence the reason why the demo account has to be involved so that we can understand the use of it.
    Don't waste a lot of time just practicing in demo because there'll come the proper time for us to test everything we've learned through live trading. Trading system won't give a full quality and effects if we don't apply it for real trading. Once we trade in real market, we'll notice great chances between demo practice and real trading then we can find what we want to use for next consistent trading.

Not allowed!
    rules made to be followed, not to be broken

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    Don't waste a lot of time just practicing in demo because there'll come the proper time for us to test everything we've learned through live trading. Trading system won't give a full quality and effects if we don't apply it for real trading. Once we trade in real market, we'll notice great chances between demo practice and real trading then we can find what we want to use for next consistent trading.
    I don't think that the forex traders who are practicing with the demo are wasting their time, they will never waste their time if they are making sure they are learning new things all the time. It is only if that trader is learning the same thing all the time that it will be a waste of time. I know that if forex traders have spent 3 months with the demo account, it is enough, the whole process should go to the live account without wasting time.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    I believe one thing, traders can build a trading system with only a real account, not the demo. Mind you, what you think you knew with the demo is not what you will be using at last, you are still learning even when you spent 2 years with the demo, there are many fresh ideas that will be coming to you as you are trading the real account. Spending too much time with demo is not proper to me, traders needs more of real account for standard training to build their quality trading systems.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 90
    Anyone in trading industry that goes through this thread and yet still find himself jumping from one trading system to another will be million of miles away from being successful. Everything a trader needs to learn on trading strategy and how to go about developing his own has been well and fully discussed. It then takes personal effort and determination to rise into action of learning and serious practice.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 96
    We have a lot of trading systems that we can make use of, however the most important thing is one should always get to choose making use of the simple one. A good trading system to me depends on the trader the one the trader has been able to have learned the best. From what I have also gotten to have known, success is not simple, you will have to go through the experience to get the best.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    I believe one thing, traders can build a trading system with only a real account, not the demo. Mind you, what you think you knew with the demo is not what you will be using at last, you are still learning even when you spent 2 years with the demo, there are many fresh ideas that will be coming to you as you are trading the real account. Spending too much time with demo is not proper to me, traders needs more of real account for standard training to build their quality trading systems.
    I have to agree with you. Trader can build good trading system only in real account because he worries about his money and real success. Demo accounts will not help to build a good system because nobody worries about virtual money and the losing orders in demo will be left for next day without any worry if they will win or lose.

Not allowed!

Page 225 of 227 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227 LastLast