Thread: When physical condition drives your psychology

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 191

When physical condition drives your psychology

Hi, traders!

Today we will talk about unusual topic. Have you ever thought that your physical condition may affect your trading (I’m talking about alcohol, drugs or other intoxications :) )?
    Professional traders know very well that physical condition may affect productivity of our brain and therefore may lead to errors, biases and «stupid» mistakes.
    In this post I will talk about most popular physical drivers for failure.

Dehydration:

Yeah, you may be surprised, but our brain needs water to process information properly. According to neuroscience, dehydration may lead to lack of attention and concentration. Linda Raschke, author of «Street smarts» and legendary trader, uses alarm to drink glass of water. Why does she need alarm? Because in the heat of the battle, we forget to do small things, that don’t seem necessary.
    Of course, it itself will not make your physical condition perfect, but it will give your brain necessary element for effective decision making.

Glucose level:

You might not have known, but glucose is the main energy source for our brain, and lack of glucose will depress thinking process and overall productivity. Actually, in daily routine, optimal glucose level gives us confidence to execute our decisions. Actions that require mental effort will be hard for person who’s glucose level is low.
    Neuropsychologists have made an experiment – they have taken several professional poker players and created artificially lack of glucose level for several players. They have seen that they had difficulties with concentration and decision making.
    What food contains glucose? Actually, you can eat more grains – grains are complex carbohydrates that contain glucose by its nature. Also, protein (meat) may be a good source of glucose because human body is able to transform protein to glucose. Fruit and vegetables contain glucose, so you may also include them in your menu.

Sleep deprivation:

And last but not least enemy for a trader is sleep deprivation.
    Trader, who experiences sleep deprivation will tend to tolerate risk too much and not filter his/her traders.
    Again, in the same experiment with professional poker players, neuroscientists have noticed that those players that had bad sleep before, were willing to take exceeding risk and were not good at recognizing danger.

I don’t know chemical explanation beyond this process, but I know by my own experience that it’s difficult to select good setups after being sleep deprived.
    Some people go to bed after 4-00 am (early in the morning) and wake up at 11-00 – 12-00 am. But the most «productive» sleeping period (when your brain gets necessary rest) is between 11-00 pm and 04-am. It means, that productivity of your sleep will be better if your synchronize it with biological clocks.
    Surprisingly, another productive period in sleeping is in the evening – between 5 pm and 9 pm.

So, take this into consideration. Keep yourself in good physical state and your brain will work in your favor!

Not allowed!

Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1
    Definatly our physical conditions can affect our trading decisions,our brains most importantly,you can't think straight if Your physical well-being is on the down side,if at any point in time you find yourself in this situation its best you take your time out to relax.you know in such times our emotions are very vulnerable so its best you aviod trading.hu

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 32
    Sure, a physical healthy is very important to produce the best analysis and concentration here. The big different will be occur when we are sick then it will impact our brain to works well and at the early time we will feel a headache when thinking and looking the chart.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    It is very true that lack of proper sleep can affect the trading performance because i have experienced the effect of lack of sleep in my trading. But i am just getting to know that water and glucose are also very vital to trading performance and i will make good use of this information.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by jonking View Post
    It is very true that lack of proper sleep can affect the trading performance because i have experienced the effect of lack of sleep in my trading. But i am just getting to know that water and glucose are also very vital to trading performance and i will make good use of this information.
    including we must take care of our bodies, as if the physical and mental condition is in good condition and fit then we will be more leverage in forex this decision, otherwise if our circumstances do not fit I think for sure the decisions we take no maximum time

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    I bet it, if forex traders knows all this and be conscious of them all , they will be afraid to trade the market again. This is more of medical things that is affecting our trades and the result of the betrayal of our trading plan when things are not working the way that we have expected it. I can only tell traders to take things easy in the market, as many thimnsg are involved that we may not even know.

Not allowed!

Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by jonking View Post
    It's true that when you spend to much time with your chart and you don't get enough sleep,this would definatly affect your health condition,even though you take supplements to last longer your inly making things worst for your self,because an exhausted body and Brian can't produce much until you get a rest that's the only solution to an exhausted Brian and body,so try to spend less time with your chart its recommended.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Lack of sleep is a problem that is often experienced at this time, because lately I was busy using my time to learn forex, and I need to compare the market movements all the time to test the strategy I use. I usually learn forex by testing my strategy on several trading sessions, because I hope the strategy I use to be accurate and stable in all the time, whenever i want to trading, such as at night, or afternoon, or morning, including when it is a holiday. Therefore, I often test my strategy repeatedly to get good results, I hope if it is to be a successful forex trader, I no longer do that and I can arrange time off well.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    I also agree with you. Physical health is important. Forex cant be done properly if you have some weakness in your health. Physicals side controls the mind so i think with poor health we cant be able to fully concentrate in our trading. We cant analyze the market. So i think we need to trade with sound health and mind. Sometimes we feel headache when we just see the chart for a long. Just try to relax and take a long breath. Thats it...

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by bouchrika.maher View Post
    this is absoluetly true,it is not possible for the trader to make deal when his mind is busy with something else,and also when the physical condition is not good such beeing tired or not relaxed,there are many trading condition that the trader must respect before trading and one from them is the physical condition when trading
    I actually do not know of much forex traders, but it is very certain that it is not right this way if it enters the trader the most.
    Still, i do not know why traders are taking much reference on this, I have noticed the way that i trade the market, it does not affect me to do trading under stress, so far that i have my trading strategy that i can locate with no much difficulties.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 91 123451151 ... LastLast