Moving stops to breakeven ? - Page 6
Page 6 of 279 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving stops to breakeven ?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

Moving stops to breakeven ?

breakeven in forex means a method to mark a level till which your profits is secured. when you have a good pips gain then you could move your stop loss to the entry which would mean the trade would be free ride and you would gain no loss even if the trades went against you. also you could move your stop loss further your entry point to lock profits at a level which you think the price won't reach.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    This is a big problem for everybody when you use trailing stops or breakeven and you know that price is going to rally and you have seen some good auctions in the rally and price is advertising higher and that depends on the target you have in your mind or your strategy because sometimes it really hit you breakeven stops as test and then rally again, but scalper get the best out of a trend but then scalpers trade only a part of initial breakouts and then buy or sell on dips

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by rai504 View Post
    I think the moving stop loss is be good in the trading and especially when we use the swing trading and i think this strategy is successive when we use it as short time effective place the stop loss in the trading but i think it high risk too so we need to have mange our risk in the trading.
    indeed stop loss will help you to trade better because we know that is not possible we will always get this trade continues to gain more profit, but there are also opportunities for us to experience and be a bad trade and lose the opportunity to arrange it yourself by using a stop loss will also be very good, but do not ever change your stop loss placement for your account security

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rai504 View Post
    I think the moving stop loss is be good in the trading and especially when we use the swing trading and i think this strategy is successive when we use it as short time effective place the stop loss in the trading but i think it high risk too so we need to have mange our risk in the trading.
    Yes, when we use swing trading, then moving stop to breakeven will be important to avoid losses. when we moving our stops to breakeven, we dont need to worry to lose our money anymore. then we can be relax despite our position still opened. we can make more and more money without taking higher risk anymore

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 1
    this strategy is use by swing trader to protect the profit made,the strategy is mainly use to guide and protect our profit and it mainly use by swing trader,though proper analysis is need to be able to determine where possible the market might reach and change trend,this is why proper analysis is needed before this strategy can work perfectly

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dkarev View Post
    this strategy is use by swing trader to protect the profit made,the strategy is mainly use to guide and protect our profit and it mainly use by swing trader,though proper analysis is need to be able to determine where possible the market might reach and change trend,this is why proper analysis is needed before this strategy can work perfectly
    For the swing traders they will definitely trade in the breakeven,they will not move the stop to the breakeven which may be false signal to close the position too soon while they can wait for more pips,earning more from the market which is volatile and good for trading.

Not allowed!
    Finally successful traders

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0
    Many trader who trade in this market they want to use breakeven during trading. Because they want to save their account from losses. we once we open an entry and we have some loss which is few pips which is spread. when our entry goes in profit we put stop loss on breakeven it means we put stop loss where we get entry. if market is going against us than our trade can not go into loss.It close where we put stop loss or where we buy or sell the entry.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 6
    When catching a long trend then trend may halt and give some correction at some level. It may cause fear to trader of losing profit. At these levels i prefer to close my trade partially. And if the outlook remains same and correction occurs then i place trade again at the pullback.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 313
    Quote Originally Posted by tanvir33 View Post
    When catching a long trend then trend may halt and give some correction at some level. It may cause fear to trader of losing profit. At these levels i prefer to close my trade partially. And if the outlook remains same and correction occurs then i place trade again at the pullback.
    It is a common way to catch the right moment to make a profit from a market trend. Or we could use a trailing stop, and or use locking profit manually. Basically we have to understand the wave pattern of the market, so we can entry at the right time. There are several theories that we can use in this case, one of which was elliot wave theory.

Not allowed!
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 7
    I watch some chart on many time frame they have some habitual that they will reach some range on daily or on weekly and price will make a break even point, so we trade with this habit and we catch our top or our low to trade after we analyze on chart from the pair we use and set SL and TP if goes wrong.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 322
    Given: 542
    Many traders like to do trading with break even points in the market because they feel them much safe with this type of market chart pattern I think our risk could be less when we do trade with break even point I like to do trade with break even point it work with a proper market trend then we can see very nicely that market is going up or down

Not allowed!

Page 6 of 279 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast