Moving stops to breakeven ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 289 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving stops to breakeven ?

Trader
    Nice strategy if we want to free ride the price we just move our stop loss to positive are so we can let the trade free and if this trade not in our prediction we will not loose our margin because this is a break even trade and we just see what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by jull View Post
    Nice strategy if we want to free ride the price we just move our stop loss to positive are so we can let the trade free and if this trade not in our prediction we will not loose our margin because this is a break even trade and we just see what will happen next.
    hence the need for a trailing stop. stop out runs that can automatically move the stop loss we are running and we are not going to lose a major disadvantage of this system. we hope that there is only gain a much greater chance to reduce the risk of loss piecemeal. so that if the movement of the market turned drastically kta can still enjoy some of the pieces that we can secure the advantage immediately

Quote Originally Posted by knuckle gesit View Post
    hence the need for a trailing stop. stop out runs that can automatically move the stop loss we are running and we are not going to lose a major disadvantage of this system. we hope that there is only gain a much greater chance to reduce the risk of loss piecemeal. so that if the movement of the market turned drastically kta can still enjoy some of the pieces that we can secure the advantage immediately
    Don't lose anything when trading,always think about the positive result from your action,always there is a benefit doing that trade even a bad decision can give good result for the people who seek for the clue in their bad decision in the market.
    Finally successful traders

Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckle gesit View Post
    Yes this is a trailing stop to make our trade more secure in a long journey to get more pips but when this trade not in our scenario so this will not harm our account because we lost nothing but if profit we will get a very big fish on market for a week or month.

Quote Originally Posted by jull View Post
    Yes this is a trailing stop to make our trade more secure in a long journey to get more pips but when this trade not in our scenario so this will not harm our account because we lost nothing but if profit we will get a very big fish on market for a week or month.
    I ask you, if you get a good moment in the long-term trend, and you use a trailing stop to secure ongoing profits, the goal is as you say "we will get a very big fish on the market for a week or month . ". Is this part of the greed?

I would agree with your answer, any answer that you give.
    If you lose, be patient. If you win, stay humble

Somewhat it can surely be to your great advantage in a volatile trending market to relocate your stop as price moves to be replaced by your open trade that is certainly why the trailing stop feature can be acquired on most broker platform. But take note of which moving your stops could also work against you if the market is not trending or volatile and for anyone who is a scalper.

Quote Originally Posted by rinaji View Post
    I ask you, if you get a good moment in the long-term trend, and you use a trailing stop to secure ongoing profits, the goal is as you say "we will get a very big fish on the market for a week or month . ". Is this part of the greed?

I would agree with your answer, any answer that you give.
    I think it is greed, but if we really know what is the risk and we already move our stop loss to breakeven or use trailing stop, i think it is not matter if we want to earn more money. At least if the market suddently move in opposite direction with our trade, we will not get any losses. It is not greedy if we really manage our risk well

Quote Originally Posted by elena View Post
    I think it is greed, but if we really know what is the risk and we already move our stop loss to breakeven or use trailing stop, i think it is not matter if we want to earn more money. At least if the market suddently move in opposite direction with our trade, we will not get any losses. It is not greedy if we really manage our risk well
    I agree with what you are saying that if we do this trade using a stop loss change before we plug this would make us be in this trade as greed and I think we do not have to do that in this trade and then when it's better one place a stop loss then let the price touches the stop loss and from there then we will change the market analysis that we have done previously

Quote Originally Posted by Anjan Das View Post
    breakeven in forex means a method to mark a level till which your profits is secured. when you have a good pips gain then you could move your stop loss to the entry which would mean the trade would be free ride and you would gain no loss even if the trades went against you. also you could move your stop loss further your entry point to lock profits at a level which you think the price won't reach.
    Your explanation is correct with the slight change to the bold that its not profits, its the capital money itself which is secured. Only when you move the trailing stop to further levels where in a portion of the profit is locked then certain amount of profits is also locked. This is one of the good money and risk management criteria which can be considered by the forex traders to trade profitably in the forex market so that they can gain money with confidence.

Trader
    I think the moving stop loss is be good in the trading and especially when we use the swing trading and i think this strategy is successive when we use it as short time effective place the stop loss in the trading but i think it high risk too so we need to have mange our risk in the trading.

Page 5 of 289 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast