Moving stops to breakeven ? - Page 51
Page 51 of 279 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving stops to breakeven ?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

Moving stops to breakeven ?

breakeven in forex means a method to mark a level till which your profits is secured. when you have a good pips gain then you could move your stop loss to the entry which would mean the trade would be free ride and you would gain no loss even if the trades went against you. also you could move your stop loss further your entry point to lock profits at a level which you think the price won't reach.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by D'mastermind View Post
    Stoploss to breakeven are important depending on the trader. I do know about this but I don't make use of it. Trading is a risky business and succeeding in the market will require many more learning but it is so much wiser to be able to know on how to be disciplined when trading, whereas knowing the right amount of risk to be used when trading.
    Sometimes moving stop loss to break even is good, but sometimes it is good to leave it untouched. We have to decide about such things considering the current situations and developments in the market. We should learn hos stop loss can be a great tool for the purpose of managing our trading risks.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Break even trading is a very good one for traders, it will make sure that the trader gets their profits secured. Not in the case that traders will trade and lose money, they will trade, gain money, and find the right means to secure their trading for successfully earning by locking their trading profits against any drawdown coming.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    his is really a good one coming from the thread starter, it is good because it will not be making traders to do adding the same multiple indicators to different chart of different currency pair. This will actually save the energy and time of the trader, and they will be able to focus on what is important and make their analysis as soon as possible. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

you shown in your sharing. If we have any templates files of trading system then we need first paste its into templates folder then go to chart option on meta trader and then go to templates and select your templates from options and your trading system is installed on your system. :/

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepika View Post
    Sometimes moving stop loss to break even is good, but sometimes it is good to leave it untouched. We have to decide about such things considering the current situations and developments in the market. We should learn hos stop loss can be a great tool for the purpose of managing our trading risks.
    but it is good to move the stop loss and protect it, the reasons here that we do not know what the thing will happen in the market, with move the stop loss then we lock our profit and avoid the price against the orders and give us floating minus or loses, but need to analyze the market first before we do an action about it, one thing, we have to trade safely, always think realistically and never let a little mistake become a big problem

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 19
    In trading, it is one thing having a way of trading and then another thing having way of ensuring that you have your trading account well protected when trading. Evidently the use of the moving stops is to have your money protected and in such a situation you will see that the trader maybe wants to follow the trend and have more profits.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.big View Post
    but it is good to move the stop loss and protect it, the reasons here that we do not know what the thing will happen in the market, with move the stop loss then we lock our profit and avoid the price against the orders and give us floating minus or loses, but need to analyze the market first before we do an action about it, one thing, we have to trade safely, always think realistically and never let a little mistake become a big problem
    I think that the best use of trading with the stop loss is for the trader to let it fixed, this will help such trader to have the best calculation on their risk management per trade. But if they are shifting it like the way of making a breakeven, it might not be that calculative. Yet, breakeven has its advantage as well.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Break even trading is a very good one for traders, it will make sure that the trader gets their profits secured. Not in the case that traders will trade and lose money, they will trade, gain money, and find the right means to secure their trading for successfully earning by locking their trading profits against any drawdown coming.
    it is not going to get the profits secured, because what I have learned about it is that, you will have to move the stoploss to the entry price, that means if the market should eventually go against you, then you will have to be out of the market at breakeven, meaning you don't loss or make any profits.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 20
    It's a good decisions to move stops in the right level to break even so that if the market decides to act funny by going against us, we would not make loss but will make nothing if we break even. I think it's a part of risk management that will help our trade and this will of course give us a better means to earn well for ourselves as we look to make a great trade in forex.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonycee View Post
    It's a good decisions to move stops in the right level to break even so that if the market decides to act funny by going against us, we would not make loss but will make nothing if we break even. I think it's a part of risk management that will help our trade and this will of course give us a better means to earn well for ourselves as we look to make a great trade in forex.
    Well, to you it might be a good decisions, but to others it is not good. I have sen traders regretting this decision most times, because the market is not definitive, it might fake you and go back to our direction. If the stop loss is fixed, the trader will have a good calculative means to trade, and that will make their trading so better.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3
    That is a good way to avoid having a already profiting trade to become a losing trade, I always ignore it before but when I notice that my some already profiting trade eventually hit my stop loss after missing my take profit by few pips, I decided to find a way to move my stop loss to break even after the price and moved in my favour to some point. I currently move my stop loss to break even after price as moved at least 75 percent toward to take profit

Not allowed!

Page 51 of 279 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast