Moving stops to breakeven ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 289 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving stops to breakeven ?

As we know that stop loss is very important part of our trading and at the time of breakeven point its very necessary to use our stop loss area very perfectly otherwise if you are taking very less profit and your trade is giving you much high loss then there is no benefit of using stop loss like that in forex. So our aim should be find out good areas for stop loss.

My dear friends Well, i am a forex traders that does not joke with my stop loss, It is very little when i places it, so it will not affect me if the market moves against me. I prefer this rather that being uncertain about the stop loss placements, it makes me very unrealistic forex trader. i do not know of others, but i prefer that the stop loss is fixed/ be permanent in trading.

Banned
    I think its depend upon trading style I am doing short term trading with scalping right now and its a fast way to make profit in market I have to learn many more strategies and I think one point is very good in some comments that break even points are very good to secure our profit in the market

I am agree with you sir break even is a very good point where we can secure our profit I mostly us this method in long term trading if there is any break even point in your trading then you can just use take profit level to that area because then it become you support point otherwise if market will break this support point then you will not get much profit in the market

Moving stop/locking profit is a way to secure the profit that we get in a profit position (floating profit). It is part of a money management method. But if you apply in every of your trade, then this method will affect risk: reward ratio you have set. Then you are not only dealing with win and loss. But also with break even. (win:break even:loss). For example: 50% win, 20% break even, and 30% loss. So your win + loss was a total of 80%. Not 100%. Suppose you take 10 samples of your trade. 5 win, 2 break even, and 3 losses. Then the risk: reward ratio is 5:3. While in 2 trades are got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Value trader View Post
    It's better to partially fix your profit.

Moving to breakeven too often is not a resonable exit - in some cases price can retest your entry level twice or even 3 times before it goes.

But it depends on trading style - if you trade agaist levels, it's not recommended to set stops to BE, if you trade momentum (impulse acceleration) - it can be quite good.
    I agree with you, that from a few experiences I often getting locking actually been touched before the price was right away. Which in the end just getting a few points.
    It is true, the lock can gain on peace of psikollogis effect, but it still does not mean there is no weakness in the locking strategy like this. Must be a lot of experience in using this strategy, and really understand on market conditions at that time. The conclusion is on this kind of strategy, it would be best if used on long-term trades. We can lock a number of advantages with further distance from the current price.

Banned
    There are many ways to d this trading, some a very good in the way the trader wants it, there are ones that will help the trader no matter how aggressive they trades,this is one of the, this keys the traders to profits and never make it to the loisng side when the profits as been set success initially with it.

It's great that you're so trade in the right direction, if you do this from the movement of the upper part of the balance, it may help you when you know that the price is reasonable space, always cover it moved, but if you do it in a way that carelessly, you can not get what you think this might be his best

Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    There are many ways to d this trading, some a very good in the way the trader wants it, there are ones that will help the trader no matter how aggressive they trades,this is one of the, this keys the traders to profits and never make it to the loisng side when the profits as been set success initially with it.
    People don't help others without reason,they are changing something based on their reason,some people will like to help other people when it gives advantage for them,then the traders who look for profit should know about the success way for it.
    Finally successful traders

Breakeven is very important for out trading purpose and using this we can secure our profit from loss .In most of cases trader losses their profit when market goes against and again trader losses their gained profit so at that condition we use breakeven tool for the protection of our profit .

Page 4 of 289 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast