Moving stops to breakeven ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 265 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving stops to breakeven ?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

Moving stops to breakeven ?

breakeven in forex means a method to mark a level till which your profits is secured. when you have a good pips gain then you could move your stop loss to the entry which would mean the trade would be free ride and you would gain no loss even if the trades went against you. also you could move your stop loss further your entry point to lock profits at a level which you think the price won't reach.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Moving stop loss to break even, so it is trailing stop loss strategy. it's good to do that because it can prevent loss after current condition is profit but it can prevent traders to get take profit because market's price could move upward and downward in high numbers of pips especially if there is high impact news.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 17
    Forex is risky trade and we need to handle it carefully. Putting proper TP and SL can give us some profit and also protect our trading capital from huge loss. We need to ensure the best use of TP and SL.
    I am also trying to use Fibonacci Retrenchment to use better TP and SL.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1
    Loss in equilibrium stop removal, so it is leakage stop loss strategy. it is important to do because it may prevent loss following the current is profit but it may prevent merchants to obtain benefit because the market price could move up or down in many pips especially in the event of stronger news incidence.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    I believe that you should do the things that are working for you in this market. Still, anything that is all about the protection of the trading account worth it in my own doing in forex. If you know that it is safe for you to do breakeven, then do not let it be the own that whipsaw can easily catch and spoil the trade for you.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 504
    Its very necessary to use stop loss on good areas if you are taking very less profit and your stop loss is very high then there is no benefit in it your loss and reward should be always in mind and don't forget that if you will loose money then you have to again cover that loss first.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 262
    I think a very good experience and learning is very necessary in this business which can give you good idea about this market and you can adjust your stop loss and take profit on right areas stop loss should not be much high rather than take profit ratio hope you will understand me.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 392
    Well I think stop loss is very important part of our trading but we should keep in mind that stop loss should be targeted on good point we can put stop loss on break even points but along with it our profit should not be less rather stop loss it should be much then stop loss.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Moving stop loss to breakeven can be good especially if we are swing trading and want to let the profits run as high as possible. For short term fixing the stop loss more appropriate, just my opinion.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjan Das View Post
    breakeven in forex means a method to mark a level till which your profits is secured. when you have a good pips gain then you could move your stop loss to the entry which would mean the trade would be free ride and you would gain no loss even if the trades went against you. also you could move your stop loss further your entry point to lock profits at a level which you think the price won't reach.
    You must see the situation,sometime the market will break the level and it will make your stop touched.If you are trading just for a short time period like one day or even just four hour you can simply set it to the breakeven level,in this sentence i explain breakeven as the breakthrough level.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3
    Well, i am a forex traders that does not antic with my stop loss, It is actual little back i places it, so it will not affect me if the bazaar moves adjoin me. I adopt this rather that actuality ambiguous about the stop accident placements, it makes me actual unrealistic forex trader. i do not apperceive of others, but i adopt that the stop accident is fixed/ be abiding in trading.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 265 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast