Moving stops to breakeven ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 265 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving stops to breakeven ?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

Moving stops to breakeven ?

breakeven in forex means a method to mark a level till which your profits is secured. when you have a good pips gain then you could move your stop loss to the entry which would mean the trade would be free ride and you would gain no loss even if the trades went against you. also you could move your stop loss further your entry point to lock profits at a level which you think the price won't reach.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    It is a very good trading idea for most traders that i have asked from them after i have read it on this forum, but it is still not very good if the trader do not have enough margin or space to cope with it. If it is affecting your trading all the time, then it is not worth it. The first time i tried it, i actually lost the money to the market whipsaw.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    This is a very good trading idea, it will protect your account from further draw down and makes you see it that you are risking nothing after all. It is the way i first used to reduce the emotion that i have inthe market. It really worked for me, but it has not making me to be rich till now. It can affect you badly too.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 14
    Well, my advice is to close 50% of your position when your trade is 1:1 risk reward ratio and move the stop loss to break even! This will make you some money and even if market turns , you will not loose a single penny because you have now set your stop loss to breakeven. It helps you a lot.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjan Das View Post
    breakeven in forex means a method to mark a level till which your profits is secured. when you have a good pips gain then you could move your stop loss to the entry which would mean the trade would be free ride and you would gain no loss even if the trades went against you. also you could move your stop loss further your entry point to lock profits at a level which you think the price won't reach.
    Sometime I also do this too especially when I trade in intraday mode (I'm using scalping and intraday depend ob market) then I put the stop loss at break even. It's a situation when market hit my stop loss then I won't losing any money. Usually I put this kind of stop loss when I have more than 20 pips profit from my open position. When the market continue the movement then it will increase the profit, however if it reverse then I won't losing any single cent. However it's not easy since it will need market with high volatility.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    well dear you mean we can save our profit to use with that method but the if we can trade to some other pair and they are going to loss way so how we can secure our profit and also we have not money management so its very risky for us so please be confirm me how we do in that situation.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 193
    it is good, we can move the stop loss and follow the order when it runs at floating positive and lock the profit, or also we can use trailing stop loss and set it, and this is very good trading system and will keep us at the safest way or also we do not need to make loss our profit because the market price move back and against us

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Hello Dear
    I'm a Forex traders that doesn't joke with my stop loss, it's little or no after I places it, thus it'll not have an effect on ME if the market moves against ME. I like this rather that being unsure concerning the stop loss placements, it makes ME terribly unreasonable Forex merchant. i don't grasp of others, however i like that the stop loss is fixed standing in trading...Thank you

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Forex business is tactical business that need serious reasoning of the trader to get the success in it. It is a good idea to make your stop at the break even, it safes the trend for you and still secure the point that will make your equity goes negative. They often say that traders locked the position like that, it has not disadvantage if carefully done.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    once you have a veracious pips gain then you'll move your cessation loss to the ingress which might mean the trade would be free ride and you'd gain no loss albeit the trades contravened you.

- - - Updated - - -

the break-even point (BEP) is the point at which cost or expenses and revenue are equipollent: there is no net loss or gain, and one has "broken even." A profit or a loss has not been made, albeit opportunity costs have been "paid," and capital has received the jeopardy-adjusted, expected return

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 4
    At some level it can absolutely be to your benefits in a unpredictable popular industry to shift your quit as cost goes in favor of your start business and that is why the following quit function is available on most agent system. But take observe that shifting your prevents can also perform against you if the industry is not popular or unpredictable and if you are a scalper.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 265 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast