Moving stops to breakeven ? - Page 255
Page 255 of 263 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2630

Thread: Moving stops to breakeven ?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

Moving stops to breakeven ?

breakeven in forex means a method to mark a level till which your profits is secured. when you have a good pips gain then you could move your stop loss to the entry which would mean the trade would be free ride and you would gain no loss even if the trades went against you. also you could move your stop loss further your entry point to lock profits at a level which you think the price won't reach.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 68
    Not bad in anyway if we can manage our stops and follow means to protect our capital in forex. Moving stop loss to the right breakeven is a way of protection in this market and with this we can't really loose our investment. If we can have a plan to a manage risk, the possibility to earn here can be possible and we can always enjoy the possible ability to earn. Stop loss should be applied at the right trade and we should protect our capital if our intention is not to blow our accounts.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 22
    Every trading principles that we adopt in the forex market has their consequences both in the positive and in the negative. Moving stop loss as a trading system has its direct consequences as well.There are times we move the stop loss to the breakeven point and we have a good result at the end of the day, and there are times it does not come out fine.One thing that we must know as forex traders is that we are only doing the little we know how to do and we do not have the power over the market to act the way we wanted.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 15
    Quote Originally Posted by glory3 View Post
    Every trading principles that we adopt in the forex market has their consequences both in the positive and in the negative. Moving stop loss as a trading system has its direct consequences as well.There are times we move the stop loss to the breakeven point and we have a good result at the end of the day, and there are times it does not come out fine.One thing that we must know as forex traders is that we are only doing the little we know how to do and we do not have the power over the market to act the way we wanted.
    i see, we need to analyze the market properly and so we know the right timing to move the stop loss to follow the position and lock the profit, this very much important to maximize our trading forex . because there is a time for us to give the time the position to run in the market till see the right timing to move or still wait for it, the advantages from this, we can lock the profit and it give us comport condition during in the market where the profit is actually ours

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5
    Traders have to secure thei profit with stop loss and moving stops to break even is very good practice if we see that market can go further. Trader must let profits to run and cut losses quickly. It is one of the main rules in forex trading so moving stops to breakeven is according this rule. If market moves further so we can replace stops nearer to the price.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    Some times it is really important for us to move our stop loss to breakeven, which means that we must move our stop loss to the exact entry we took that trade, this will prevent us from losing any winning trade again, although it's important for us to do this when it is necessary and not anytime we feel like, cause breakeven have its own disadvantage.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 68
    We need to learn and know what should be done, basically be what should secure our trading account. I have always been into the fact that we start from the beginning, more like we get to make strong strategy and good analysis most of the times, if we do that most of the time, then maybe, all we need will be setting the stoploss and not trying to move stoploss to breakeven.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 130
    At the end of the day, I think what the trader is always looking for is the way they can trade and have a secured account, I think it could be possible if the trader is disciplined in that regards. I could say that I can't make use of such trading method, but then I know that the new traders who don't have confidence about the way they trade will be needing this method when they are trading.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1
    Moving stop loss to break even is one of the ways we can protect our trades in the market,at break even point a trader has nothing to lose anymore as far as that trade is concern,whatever happens to the trade at that point is irrelevant because you can not lose,and it is even better to lock some profits as trades move in your favor.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Moving stop loss to break even is a good way to protect my capital but it will not give me any profit in the market. It is a good way to trade forex market especially as a newbie trader that find it difficult to control our emotions in the market because when we shift stop loss to break even, there is no loss/profit in our trade from forex market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    We need to learn and know what should be done, basically be what should secure our trading account. I have always been into the fact that we start from the beginning, more like we get to make strong strategy and good analysis most of the times, if we do that most of the time, then maybe, all we need will be setting the stoploss and not trying to move stoploss to breakeven.
    It is a nice idea to secure our trading account, the way many traders are trying to secure their trading account is the problem they are having. Many traders are not doing this well, that is what is causing problem to their trading. I believe so much in the trading of the market with stop loss and take profit which are used in the professional ways, we should not use them in the poor way, we should likewise not use it in breakeven style.

Not allowed!

Page 255 of 263 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259 ... LastLast