Moving stops to breakeven ?
Page 1 of 181 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving stops to breakeven ?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

Moving stops to breakeven ?

breakeven in forex means a method to mark a level till which your profits is secured. when you have a good pips gain then you could move your stop loss to the entry which would mean the trade would be free ride and you would gain no loss even if the trades went against you. also you could move your stop loss further your entry point to lock profits at a level which you think the price won't reach.

Not allowed!

Educator
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 191
    It's better to partially fix your profit.

Moving to breakeven too often is not a resonable exit - in some cases price can retest your entry level twice or even 3 times before it goes.

But it depends on trading style - if you trade agaist levels, it's not recommended to set stops to BE, if you trade momentum (impulse acceleration) - it can be quite good.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1
    To some extent it can surely be to your advantage in a volatile trending market to move your stop as price moves in favour of your open trade and that is why the trailing stop feature is available on most broker platform. But take note that moving your stops can also work against you if the market is not trending or volatile and if you are a scalper.

Not allowed!

Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Value trader View Post
    It's better to partially fix your profit.

Moving to breakeven too often is not a resonable exit - in some cases price can retest your entry level twice or even 3 times before it goes.

But it depends on trading style - if you trade agaist levels, it's not recommended to set stops to BE, if you trade momentum (impulse acceleration) - it can be quite good.
    I totally agree with you on the fact that adjusting your stoploss above your entry level when your entry is on the green,to lock in some profit might not work all the time,due to how price fluctuates,from my own point of view it would be better to just make your entry with the rewards greater than the risk and hold on to see how market reacts although in most cases its important you secure your capital by adjusting your stoploss few pips above your entry.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Well, i am a forex traders that does not joke with my stop loss, It is very little when i places it, so it will not affect me if the market moves against me. I prefer this rather that being uncertain about the stop loss placements, it makes me very unrealistic forex trader. i do not know of others, but i prefer that the stop loss is fixed/ be permanent in trading.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Moving stop loss to breakeven can be good especially if we are swing trading and want to let the profits run as high as possible. For short term fixing the stop loss more appropriate, just my opinion.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Do it manually. Meaning, close out 1 or 2 pips ahead if it comes too close.Even if you are trading with the trend it might come back and dip at your b/e. Sucks, especially if then it continues to move 100+ pips or something. But don't give up too much.
    However so that compensates for not moving to B/E. Also, if you time your entries well and pay attention to retracetments you won't need to worry about your move to b/e getting hit

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    It is very good that you so trading in a good way, if you do this of the moving of the top to the breakeven, it may help you if you know that the price has moved to a reasonable place that will still cover for you, but if you do this in a careless way, you may not get what you think that could be the best out of it. You must take it with care.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    breakeven in Forex suggests that a way to mark A level until that your profits is secured. once you have an honest pips gain then you'll move your stop loss to the entry which might mean the trade would be free ride and you'd gain no loss albeit the trades went against you. conjointly you'll move your stop loss additional your entry purpose to lock profits at A level that you're thinking that the value will not reach...Thank you

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5
    The breakeven is very important for secure our profit.Some time we are analysis wrong and after getting some pips the market are back so if we are set our stop-loss in the breakeven then i think we are not loss our money and also alltime we are secure from the loss.Some trader they are not use the stop-loss for their trading but it's too much risky.

Not allowed!
    SUCCESS Is the SUM of SMALL efforts,
    Repeated DAY IN AND DAY OUT.

Page 1 of 181 123451151101 ... LastLast