How you react if you repeated losses?
Page 1 of 241 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: How you react if you repeated losses?

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 9

How you react if you repeated losses?

It is not unknown to anyone that losses are a part of Forex trading business, but still most of the traders want to avoid the losses altogether. They do not want to get a single loss in the business. Even I was the same person for first few weeks of my trading. Even when i sensed that market is not moving what I analysed, I still wanted to close my trade with at least a profit of one pip

I dont wanted any loss but this attitude blew my account most times

So even when I knew that my analysis went wrong, I still waited for an opportunity to close the trade with the smallest profits, But with profit and not with loss. And this attitude of mine many times made me lose all my account balance. So I learned that waiting for profits will not be always good and sometimes we have to accept losses as this business cannot run without loss. I begin to sense that this always profit attitude of mind is not beneficial for my trading and is making me to trade wrongly.

I learned that small profit is not worth taking big risk

So with this losses I learned one thing and that is you cannot make profits in all your trades and at all times. If you try to trade this way then you will rarely end up any day with profits. So you have to turn logical and bear in mind that risk and losses are part of this business and they cannot ever be separated altogether. So learning to accept losses when they are withing acceptable limits is very necessary to move on successfully in this business.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 139
    Hope you have learnt good lessons from your past. This can happen to anybody and all of us have some experience of this kind of process. Most of trader's lose in forex and after that they don't want to carry on in this business. But we should improve ourself and should look forward in this business. its good to see that you have learned well about it that how you have to do trade in forex I would suggest you maintain proper discipline always and do trade with good risk and reward every time.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 33
    First of all, I know that loss is part of every business, I think that is the way I tend to see it now, but at the same time I know that if you are trading and you want to make money from the market, always try to focus on limiting your loss and maximizing the profits. Therefore you are not doing the trade all well is you keep on losing.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 262
    Quote Originally Posted by sharegistFX View Post
    First of all, I know that loss is part of every business, I think that is the way I tend to see it now, but at the same time I know that if you are trading and you want to make money from the market, always try to focus on limiting your loss and maximizing the profits. Therefore you are not doing the trade all well is you keep on losing.
    Forex trading is only profitable for trader when he have a good approach in trading, We can do trade with the aim of minizming our losses and maximizing our profits because this approach would make trader's disciplined in trading. Make sure that we have a perfect system which working under the proper risk and reward trading, we have to neglect those strategies which don't have a good risk and reward in trading.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 13
    Yes loss will be there only thing is you can limit it. I think the moment you decided to enter in the forex market you should have been prepared to face risk because this is an inseperable part of forex trading. Without it there is no trading because if there is no risk everyone will only gain and without the loss of anyone this market cannot survive.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 54
    for me, the first thing to do after repeating the same losses is taking a break, away from things that related to forex, 100% mind relaxing. after few days, then i will start over again with fresh head and positive ideas. don't have to feel sorry about the past, just let it go and take it as our best learning and experience. we can be raised whenever we fall. nobody knows about how it feels like to rise from his failure before he feel it by himself. just stay positive.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 12
    It is good to know your rules to be trading with. And the stop loss is good in trading, this is market which can lose all your money for you. But with the stop loss, you can always get to get everything correctly on the protection you give to your account, and when making mistakes, it will not hinder the way you can do your trading with in forex.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    the first step would be to figure out why you are facing the losses in the first place. Ask yourself Is is a large lot size am using? Is it a bigger leverage? Are my money management skills poor? these are some of the things that may cause one to experience constant losses but if they are not among the reasons maybe your entire strategy should be put to question as it may be the one causing you to loose money

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    for me, the first thing to do after repeating the same losses is taking a break, away from things that related to forex, 100% mind relaxing. after few days, then i will start over again with fresh head and positive ideas. don't have to feel sorry about the past, just let it go and take it as our best learning and experience. we can be raised whenever we fall. nobody knows about how it feels like to rise from his failure before he feel it by himself. just stay positive.
    This is the best thing to do after making some series of mistakes, take a break far from forex's thing. I also do the same as you, enjoy my few days without thinking about forex. Sometimes I want to quit from this business but I just can not do it, I do not know the exact reason why I can not do that. Perhaps it is my will to keep trying and never give up whenever I fall so many times and lost so much money. Like you have wrote above, stay positive to make everything stay working.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 68
    Quote Originally Posted by nyamsi View Post
    the first step would be to figure out why you are facing the losses in the first place. Ask yourself Is is a large lot size am using? Is it a bigger leverage? Are my money management skills poor? these are some of the things that may cause one to experience constant losses but if they are not among the reasons maybe your entire strategy should be put to question as it may be the one causing you to loose money
    I think I would go with you on this. It's important we ask ourselves important question on why we are experiencing huge losses so we can take note of them and realize how we can improve on the means of earning here. Loss is important for us to manage and we must learn to trade in the right means so we don't go easily to blow our accounts. The real truth remains that we can learn from our losses and improve on a great means.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 241 123451151101 ... LastLast