How you react if you repeated losses? - Page 2
Page 2 of 242 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: How you react if you repeated losses?

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 9

How you react if you repeated losses?

It is not unknown to anyone that losses are a part of Forex trading business, but still most of the traders want to avoid the losses altogether. They do not want to get a single loss in the business. Even I was the same person for first few weeks of my trading. Even when i sensed that market is not moving what I analysed, I still wanted to close my trade with at least a profit of one pip

I dont wanted any loss but this attitude blew my account most times

So even when I knew that my analysis went wrong, I still waited for an opportunity to close the trade with the smallest profits, But with profit and not with loss. And this attitude of mine many times made me lose all my account balance. So I learned that waiting for profits will not be always good and sometimes we have to accept losses as this business cannot run without loss. I begin to sense that this always profit attitude of mind is not beneficial for my trading and is making me to trade wrongly.

I learned that small profit is not worth taking big risk

So with this losses I learned one thing and that is you cannot make profits in all your trades and at all times. If you try to trade this way then you will rarely end up any day with profits. So you have to turn logical and bear in mind that risk and losses are part of this business and they cannot ever be separated altogether. So learning to accept losses when they are withing acceptable limits is very necessary to move on successfully in this business.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    the emotion will come up for some conditions to the traders, but all the thing here depend to them who face and accept them, some can not control themselves to see their loses and want to get back their money in a short time and the others can stay cool to think wisely before take any decisions

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhave4U View Post
    I learned that small profit is not worth taking big risk
    yes those as trader might works of the good preparedness on determining limit with the chance on competing market to haunts of the numbers with the target profit to complete with the chance on submitting use of margin to helps as covering with the good backup on standing with the length of timelines to lasts within the complete of terms with the trading plan.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by newentry View Post
    the emotion will come up for some conditions to the traders, but all the thing here depend to them who face and accept them, some can not control themselves to see their loses and want to get back their money in a short time and the others can stay cool to think wisely before take any decisions
    Controlling emotions is not easy but with long practice we can,, 'practice makes perfect'. in trading, there is no perfection. however, the best we can do is to ensure that we make less mistakes and trade according to the rules of trading. we have to learn to manage our emotion in trading..

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    Well, I think I can handle having 3 consecutive loss in as much as I make use of good money management, I will be bothered if I have that up to 5 then it will mean that there is something that I am not doing right. Furthermore, forex trading is never a straight win business, you have to keep on learning and accepting losses.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    If we lose again and again, it's time to realise that there is some fault with our trading strategy or skills. What we can do is see the losses as an education fees or experience fees you paid to learn and gain knowledge from the losing trade, thereby redefining your strategy researching learning from your mistake, it is also important to take a break to understand and have thought about our goals and needs.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5
    Observe market. Determine bias. Define Your trade. Wait for entry. If trade go to SL I go to walk and come couple hours after. If they is profitable I stay and trade further. Never allow to be involved in overtrading. Theri is always next hour, next sesion, next day.. new chance.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8
    Sometimes I do lose interest of trading after facing some huge losses, I have loss severally but I haven't lose hope completely on forex, the forex market is a risky business but one thing for sure is that if we take the time to learn properly before trading we won't face losses that much, it due to lack of knowledge people lose their hard earn money.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 1
    You should never over react but be careful to understand the market with all the strength that comes with it its all but a good and and a great chance for us to understand the market in all sence we have seen there is a lot of good trading prospering trading aspect of a market and for that we have been able to run the market choices that we are able to see. be careful to make a lesson to everything you trade

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 8
    Losses are part of the forex market we can't trade and get successful without loss, forex trading is a highly risky business, so we can't avoid the losses completely but that doesn't mean that we should continue to lose, losing severally is part of the business and you can lose a lot of time if you don't have good knowledge of trading.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 236
    I must say, the best thing that is to be done when as a trader and you find your self in such a situation, the best thing to get done is to ensure that you cut the reason why you are losing in the sense that it could have been happening because you let your emotions gets in your way of making analysis.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 242 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast