Get profit with moving average levels - Page 3
Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1722

Thread: Get profit with moving average levels

  1. #1
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,654
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 1

    Get profit with moving average levels

    I develop this strategy by myself. I found that in this week this strategy works well for me, and i can make profit in this week for more than 10% in this week only and i want to share this strategy. This strategy works well in GBP/USD, EUR/USD and AUD/USD. I use moving average only. With this setting
    Attachment 1687Attachment 1688

    Use this level :
    level 1 : 60
    level 2 : 40
    level 3 : 20
    level 4 : -20
    level 5 : -40
    level 6 : -60
    Then the chart will be like this
    Attachment 1689

    - Buy entry : if the price close or hit the -40 level, TP 15 pips
    If the price move down again, you can use martiangle system, open with double lot in level -60, and use TP 20 pips
    - Sell entry : if the price close or hit the 40 level, TP 15 pips
    If the price move up again, open double lot in level 60, and TP to 20 pips

    Example of entry point :
    Attachment 1690

    Not allowed!

  2. #21
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,654
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizar View Post
    i admit this is one of the simplest strategies i looked at lately ,no complicated indicators and no heavy stuff,the moving averages are simple and eay to understand,did you have a certain pair that you experienced this strategy work better with i like working on eurusd always and i am gonna try it in it.
    Yes, this indicator is easy and very simple to use. I ever use this strategy on EUR/USD also, and i think this pair is good enough. We just need to identify whether the price already hit or close the 40 or -40 level or not, then we can make open position. So easy, simple, and i think this strategy is very profitable, and even beginner can use this strategy

    Not allowed!

  3. #22
    Trader
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    indeed we should try to use any indicators as you give it. if we can not trade with this indicator we will certainly be able to get the results of trading that much anyway so I am always learning how to be able to control the indicator from day to day with a good and easy strategies that can make me understand.

    Not allowed!

  4. #23
    Trader Azis Muslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5,514
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 192
    Dear elena, I want to ask some questions, for example, if we want to go short on EUR/USD, then we just place 1 lot in the first level 40 in 1.3600 then doubled the lot size when the price touch the level 60 in 1.3640. Then, what should we do if the price keep rising from level 40 to level 60 or more? I have tested in EUR/JPY pair and this always happened. Should we pay attention to the market's trend too?

    Not allowed!

  5. #24
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,654
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    Dear elena, I want to ask some questions, for example, if we want to go short on EUR/USD, then we just place 1 lot in the first level 40 in 1.3600 then doubled the lot size when the price touch the level 60 in 1.3640. Then, what should we do if the price keep rising from level 40 to level 60 or more? I have tested in EUR/JPY pair and this always happened. Should we pay attention to the market's trend too?
    well, i dont use pair EUR/JPY for this strategy, because eur/jpy is too volatile and not suits with this strategy. I'm using eur/usd or gbp/usd. Mostly i sell on the level 40, and use double lotsize with pipstep 30 pips. Then if the price touch the level 60, i will not make open position, but open position again with double lot after floating more than 30 pips. If the price goes up again then we can open position again with double lotsize again or martingale,, Using martiangle is risky, then we must use small lotsize at our first level, then it will be safe

    Not allowed!

  6. #25
    Trader Azis Muslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5,514
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 192
    Quote Originally Posted by elena View Post
    well, i dont use pair EUR/JPY for this strategy, because eur/jpy is too volatile and not suits with this strategy. I'm using eur/usd or gbp/usd. Mostly i sell on the level 40, and use double lotsize with pipstep 30 pips. Then if the price touch the level 60, i will not make open position, but open position again with double lot after floating more than 30 pips. If the price goes up again then we can open position again with double lotsize again or martingale,, Using martiangle is risky, then we must use small lotsize at our first level, then it will be safe
    Well, I get it now why most strategy does not work well in eur/jpy because of its volatility. I thought we just doubled our lot size whenever the price keep touching or breaking the level 40 or even 60. So the difference between each position is 30 pips. Just like you said, this martingale strategy is risky but it will be ok if we have enough balance to hold our positions and proper money management before.

    Not allowed!

  7. #26
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,654
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    Well, I get it now why most strategy does not work well in eur/jpy because of its volatility. I thought we just doubled our lot size whenever the price keep touching or breaking the level 40 or even 60. So the difference between each position is 30 pips. Just like you said, this martingale strategy is risky but it will be ok if we have enough balance to hold our positions and proper money management before.
    Yes, we must using strict money management if we use martingale system. Then we will not get loss, but we can grow our account everyday. From my experince, the highest level of martiangle when we use this trading strategy is only 4, then we can prepare our capital for maximal 6 or 7 level. I think it will be safe, moreover if we trade with GBP/USD

    Not allowed!

  8. #27
    Trader Aqeel09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1
    Moving averages are generally used to smooth out the “noise” of the short-term volatility and, therefore, more easily identify major trends. They are also used to gauge the changes of momentum in an index or security.
    To identify the short-term trend, a 10-day (or 2-week) MA is typically used.
    To identify the intermediate trend, a 50-day (or 10-week) MA is typically used.
    To identify the long-term trend, a 200-day (or 40-week) MA is typically used.

    Not allowed!

  9. #28
    Trader
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    This is very similar to the multi bollinger band strategy which trader usually use to scalp in this market. There are many thing that count here. This can become really profitable for any trader if one sort out the trend on the daily time frame and then he only open trade on his time frame but in the direction of daily trend. In else case a scalper can get benefit but not all of traders. Stoch can help to verify signals and if one have to eliminate fake signals then ADX really can support.

    Not allowed!

  10. #29
    Trader
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    160
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    Nice catch up. I don't think this way. Its a simple strategy i will try them in my trading. Before trying them in real i would like to taste them into my demo trading and if i get success then i will use them in my real. Some of my trader friends told me that its kinda hard to earn from this types of strategy. As it only help them to determinate the trend and to get the daily data in an average pattern. But i will check them first.

    Not allowed!

  11. #30
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I think level in moving average is one function is to know how long the price will make correction, but in your mention I was get that you describe that this strategy not attention about the main trend like try make hedging or averaging with double lot when you make wrong prediction

    Not allowed!

Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •