Why mt4 so laggy

why mt4 so laggy when i cut profit,

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    I agree with you sir. I think the reason why our computer or laptop become so laggy because we use multiple indicators at one chart. This will slow down our laptop/PC performance since a lot of indicators use more CPU usage. If we still want to use multiple indicators, we better close other opened programs and applications that may reduce the performance such as our internet browser.
    Yes you are right that's the main reason you mentioned of lagging mt4 platform,because i got experience of this yesterday when i add 5-7 indicators on my charts and after adding,when i try to open it,it looks too much heavy and move slowly ,i do not understand at that time,but now i know the reason for this,that's why i remove indicators on my charts and then it become light again..

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    I agree with you sir. I think the reason why our computer or laptop become so laggy because we use multiple indicators at one chart. This will slow down our laptop/PC performance since a lot of indicators use more CPU usage. If we still want to use multiple indicators, we better close other opened programs and applications that may reduce the performance such as our internet browser.
    Yeah using a lot of indicators at the same time can make your mt4 become so laggy however there is a few factors which make your mt4 become too slow, for an example if you opening too many chart, it can make your trading platform laggy too. Also usually I disable the news in mt4 since I don't read it and it can make my computer slow too.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5
    that happened to me too but just after I updated the terminal and then when I have to close the order I click on the x button and it always late the best way to close an order is by using a take profit level as it never lagging at least with me or you can use a script and it works good with me too.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    It did not depend on meta trader, Trading operations most of depend on the broker, your system and your internet connection also matter in this. But speed of execution really matter with your broker when you are using a good system and internet connection. With some of broker it's really fast and some are slow in it.

Before selecting any broker you need to make your own research for that and always consider execution speed because it really matter in volatile market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 32
    I don't think so bro, maybe your internet connections is in low speed so the metatrader become slow too and most of time lost connection. In this matter, you need to change internet connection with the better speed or re-install the MT4 terminal on your computer/laptop.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    well this could be cause my several things , one of which is your own internet connection ...its fastness when it comes to connectivity and also its ability to carry heavy loads like the live streaming of the meta trader 4 as well as the market volatility at the time of the trade closure initiation and then te type of forex broker that you are using .

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    When we're closing order indeed usually MT4 will be slower because we were giving orders that need to be executed by the server, so the server will accept command orders we make from trading so dense that affect the performance of MT4. Actually it is not happen when we close the profit only, but it often happens when we open and close orders.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 278
    Given: 190
    Quote Originally Posted by mark48 View Post
    Yes you are right that's the main reason you mentioned of lagging mt4 platform,because i got experience of this yesterday when i add 5-7 indicators on my charts and after adding,when i try to open it,it looks too much heavy and move slowly ,i do not understand at that time,but now i know the reason for this,that's why i remove indicators on my charts and then it become light again..
    Yes, same like you too sir, at first I didn't know why my platform became so laggy time after time. Then I remove my indicators one by one and the problem solved, my MT4 response faster than before. And I think, using a lot of indicators in one chart will not increase our trading skills but only make us confuse.

Quote Originally Posted by thenight View Post
    Yeah using a lot of indicators at the same time can make your mt4 become so laggy however there is a few factors which make your mt4 become too slow, for an example if you opening too many chart, it can make your trading platform laggy too. Also usually I disable the news in mt4 since I don't read it and it can make my computer slow too.
    This will also help us to increase our MT4 performance and not become laggy. We can disable some tools in our MT4 that we don't really use so our trading platform will work faster than before. I agree about your statement that opening too many chart also make our MT4 laggy. More charts opened, more connection needed, and more laggy it would be.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    MT4 platform is working like another trading platform i have seen. It may be the market condition that is making the analysis of the trader to be like this. The market is not waiting for any trader. This is the reason why you can not get money with the same position that you have cut the order. It is not the fault of mt4 since market is moving.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6
    Maybe that was just you feeling, in my place is not such as that. Many factors can lead to mt4 you use become lag. The first because the computer you use less of RAM, and other internet connections. You feel lag when you close all orders simultaneously, this can lead to lag. Because obviously, the broker server is also in a state of busy.

Not allowed!

Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast