Given: 1

Why mt4 so laggy

why mt4 so laggy when i cut profit,

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    I think slow internet connection is the main cause of such problems. I also faced same problem when my internet connection goes slow. Specially at the pick hour in country this types of slow connection are found here. When internet connection becomes faster after a while then the problem is solved. so I also faced same problem when my internet connection goes slow , so same here that you have a slow or bad internet connection which is delaying your orders from communication quickly with the server so must try to get a better internet connection now.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    well, i don't face this kind of problem in my meta trader. i don't know how and why you are getting this kind of problem. you might have a slow internet connection or may be the market was so volatile that the server gets busy or stuck. this problem is common for 1 or 2 times but you will not going to face this is problem frequently.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 192
    Quote Originally Posted by hridoy View Post
    well, i don't face this kind of problem in my meta trader. i don't know how and why you are getting this kind of problem. you might have a slow internet connection or may be the market was so volatile that the server gets busy or stuck. this problem is common for 1 or 2 times but you will not going to face this is problem frequently.
    Some may trade without lagging with their trading platform but some others face it. Maybe you have good internet connection or you have well-protected laptop from virus so that your trading platform not laggy and face such common problem. Though the platform laggy but I never get mine disconnected. Maybe there is a problem with the connection but the price keep moving even slow.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ZnA View Post
    why mt4 so laggy when i cut profit,
    I think it's not only happen when you want to close the order with profit but usually it will occurs for all of your trading activity. If it really happen to you then just reinstall your mt4 trading platform and it will solve this problem. Sometime I also reinstall my trading platform for each 2-3 months.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 23
    Quote Originally Posted by thenight View Post
    I think it's not only happen when you want to close the order with profit but usually it will occurs for all of your trading activity. If it really happen to you then just reinstall your mt4 trading platform and it will solve this problem. Sometime I also reinstall my trading platform for each 2-3 months.
    if the delay only occurs when you want to close an order then maybe you tried to close the order during a very volatile and busy market time,during such a time the price goes ups and downs so fast that you the broker can not execute your order at the same price you orders so reqoutes and delay occur.

Not allowed!
    Bend your view to the charts, not the charts to your view

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by thenight View Post
    I think we don't have to uninstall and re-install our trading platform if we experienced such problem like this one. The problem is in our internet connection or market's movement. When we want to cut or close our position in volatile market, the price will move unstable and fast. This what makes us feel laggy and this is not about our trading platform. If this not work, try to refresh the server by re-scan it.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    What do you mean by cut profit. I think you want to so about close option. I think mt4 have some serious problem as their interface is friendly but it lag too much and most of the time lose the connection. It take a lot of time to login to your trading account and also have some little option on chart drawing. You can use mt5 for better performance which have better speed and options. Thanks...

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3
    its not true, mt4 is not a that big software that can slow your entire computer. i think If you use basic MT4 with minimum indicator, that will be fine. But for them who love to use too much indicator, it will surely impact on their computer performance.my laptop becomes slow but i was thinking it is just my laptop. i think with mt4 software is there have no probmlem

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    How many charts do you have open, and more importantly, what indicators do you have on the chart and how many of them do you have, When you have certain memory and CPU intensive indicators it can really slow down your computer, bringing it to a halt, no matter how fast your computer is. Therefore, only have essential charts and indicators open in Metatrader as Metatrader seems to use excessive computer resources.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqeel09 View Post
    How many charts do you have open, and more importantly, what indicators do you have on the chart and how many of them do you have, When you have certain memory and CPU intensive indicators it can really slow down your computer, bringing it to a halt, no matter how fast your computer is. Therefore, only have essential charts and indicators open in Metatrader as Metatrader seems to use excessive computer resources.
    I agree with you sir. I think the reason why our computer or laptop become so laggy because we use multiple indicators at one chart. This will slow down our laptop/PC performance since a lot of indicators use more CPU usage. If we still want to use multiple indicators, we better close other opened programs and applications that may reduce the performance such as our internet browser.

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast