Given: 1

Why mt4 so laggy

why mt4 so laggy when i cut profit,

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    If what you mean is that your trade was not closed on time when you hit close on the terminal or that your profit closed lower than your expected profit then it means that you have a slow or bad internet connection which is delaying your orders from communicating quickly with the server, so try to get a better internet connection.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 17
    I think slow internet connection is the main cause of such problems. I also faced same problem when my internet connection goes slow. Specially at the pick hour in country this types of slow connection are found here. When internet connection becomes faster after a while then the problem is solved.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    well I think when internet is slow so its mean the main cause of such problem, so I also faced same problem when my internet connection goes slow , so same here that you have a slow or bad internet connection which is delaying your orders from communication quickly with the server so must try to get a better internet connection now.

Not allowed!

Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Quote Originally Posted by ZnA View Post
    If I understand what you mean,are you saying that when you try to execute an order it takes time,well this experience can be defined by your internet speed,if your internet speed is slow expect that your order execution would be slow too,let me give you an example let's say you try to open a page on your browser but it takes time,this is due to your internet speed and also most likely if the sever you are trying to access is experiencing lots of traffic,I guess this same traffic issue might also affect order execution,that's why your broker has multiple servers to overcome heavy traffic on a particular sever,but I can assure you that 80 percent of the time you experience slow execution its mainly due to the poor internet service your internet provider offers,so if its unbearable switch network.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 24
    i don't know what exactly do you mean by laggy ,but when it comes to closing trades on profit or loss there are other factors than can affect this matter and metatrader has nothing to do with them,for example your internet speed and computer speed in addition toy your brokers execution speed abilities you should consider all that.

Not allowed!
    Bend your view to the charts, not the charts to your view

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 263
    Given: 169
    There must be some problems that may cause your MT4 laggy when you are trying to cut your position. I think you have problem in internet connection. Kindly check your connection or try to disconnect and connect it again. This method always works for me. Otherwise, you have problem with your PC/ laptop that you use for trading. Maybe your PC/ laptop infected by malware so all the system works slower than before.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by Azis Muslim View Post
    There must be some problems that may cause your MT4 laggy when you are trying to cut your position. I think you have problem in internet connection. Kindly check your connection or try to disconnect and connect it again. This method always works for me. Otherwise, you have problem with your PC/ laptop that you use for trading. Maybe your PC/ laptop infected by malware so all the system works slower than before.
    that could be the problem although metatrader platform is designed to work with the slowest internet connection,sometimes my internet connection is so slow that almost all application don't work but the only application that works is metatrader,and it loads charts and quotes with minimum connection also.

Not allowed!
    Bend your view to the charts, not the charts to your view

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ZnA View Post
    I think If broker is ECN it is logical it is slower. In most casses he have to close deal on market. There are several indicators that sometimes interfere with the smoothness of MT4 because they take data from outside sources. But i dont have problem with opening and closing orders

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 263
    Given: 169
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizar View Post
    that could be the problem although metatrader platform is designed to work with the slowest internet connection,sometimes my internet connection is so slow that almost all application don't work but the only application that works is metatrader,and it loads charts and quotes with minimum connection also.
    It is true and I admit it that our trading platform works very well even if we have slow internet connection and can not open any websites. But if we have serious bad internet connection, then it can make our trading platform act so laggy not as usual. If there is no problem with my laptop, I will check my modem or its network signal.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast