Thread: Questions about RAMM-accounts

Administrator RoboForex Administrator's Avatar
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 647
    Given: 201

Questions about RAMM-accounts

Dear users!

You can ask all your questions regarding RAMM - accounts in this thread. RAMM accounts - all the best about investing in one service.

RAMM is the only system, where both traders and investors can operate and have complete control over the acceptable level of risk, and at the same time, make their investments as efficient as possible. Just specify your level of acceptable losses and you can be sure that the funds you invested will be under full control and make the most of the market opportunities.

FAQ:

Trading platform
    ramm.roboforex.com

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Support manager View Post
    In your example, investor A has 50 USD as his risk amount for the trading period, and 20% loss is 10 USD, so he will lose 10% of overall 100 USD balance. Investor B, respectively, risks with 70 USD, and 20% of that is 14 USD, which is 14% of investment.
    Thank you for the explanation. It is very clear.
    It was my thought at first that the risk will be bigger if the protection of investor < protection of trader. The trader intention is to get only max 2% risk for each loss, but because of different weekly protection with investor, his risk management intention can't be implement on investor funds. Trader risk only 2%, but investor A risk 10%, and investor B risk 14%. How to prevent this thing, especially for new investor that unaware how weekly protection works? How about limit the weekly protection for investor, it must be same or greater than the trader protection?

I tried to trade via Signal API via script for testing. I found that my position sizing didn't sent correcty into RAMM. I test with a $5000 demo account, opened a trade, risked 2% if the stoploss hit. In my RAMM account, the risk is much bigger, half way to my stoploss, the account is already down about -8%. If it reach my stoploss, I think it will loss about -16%. I need explanation about this.
    Thank you.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonAnderson View Post
    Thank you for the explanation. It is very clear.
    It was my thought at first that the risk will be bigger if the protection of investor < protection of trader. The trader intention is to get only max 2% risk for each loss, but because of different weekly protection with investor, his risk management intention can't be implement on investor funds. Trader risk only 2%, but investor A risk 10%, and investor B risk 14%. How to prevent this thing, especially for new investor that unaware how weekly protection works? How about limit the weekly protection for investor, it must be same or greater than the trader protection?

I tried to trade via Signal API via script for testing. I found that my position sizing didn't sent correcty into RAMM. I test with a $5000 demo account, opened a trade, risked 2% if the stoploss hit. In my RAMM account, the risk is much bigger, half way to my stoploss, the account is already down about -8%. If it reach my stoploss, I think it will loss about -16%. I need explanation about this.
    Thank you.
    1) Whenever an Investor sets his protection level, all strategy charts are immediately recalculated, showing exactly what he would get if he invested with this level of protection from the very beginning. This way investor don't go blindly, he has enough information to choose, provided the strategy has long enough history. For every strategy there is some optimal protection level and it can be lesser than the one set by trader. We can't deny investors the right to risk and gain, it's what they are here for.

2) In case of Signals API strategies the actual lot volume on your investments is calculated based on two pairs of parameters: equity of source account vs. equity of investment and Strategy weekly Drawdown (it is set when strategy is created) vs. Investment protection level.
    With default settings of 50% strategy weekly DD and 50% protection level all lots will be copied in simple proportion of account equity.
    The exact formula is as follows:
    Investment_Lot = Source_Lot * (Investment_Equity / Source_Equity) * ((100-Investment_Protection) / Strategy_Weekly_DD)
    If your lot size was copied with 8% stoploss instead of 2% this means that your investment risk level is 4 times greater than strategy weekly DD.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Igonter View Post
    1) Whenever an Investor sets his protection level, all strategy charts are immediately recalculated, showing exactly what he would get if he invested with this level of protection from the very beginning. This way investor don't go blindly, he has enough information to choose, provided the strategy has long enough history. For every strategy there is some optimal protection level and it can be lesser than the one set by trader. We can't deny investors the right to risk and gain, it's what they are here for.

2) In case of Signals API strategies the actual lot volume on your investments is calculated based on two pairs of parameters: equity of source account vs. equity of investment and Strategy weekly Drawdown (it is set when strategy is created) vs. Investment protection level.
    With default settings of 50% strategy weekly DD and 50% protection level all lots will be copied in simple proportion of account equity.
    The exact formula is as follows:
    Investment_Lot = Source_Lot * (Investment_Equity / Source_Equity) * ((100-Investment_Protection) / Strategy_Weekly_DD)
    If your lot size was copied with 8% stoploss instead of 2% this means that your investment risk level is 4 times greater than strategy weekly DD.
    Thank you for the reply. It is very clear now.
    Is there any chance Roboforex provide MT4 server (demo/real) with RAMM account pricing? Or any account with spread & price similar to RAMM account? I trade with script to open my position. Trading with Signal API is quite troublesome, as I have to readjust manually my script parameter to adjust the ask & bid difference of my MT4 account and RAMM spread & pricing.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Thank you for the reply. It is very clear now.
    Is there any chance Roboforex provide MT4 server (demo/real) with RAMM account pricing? Or any account with spread & price similar to RAMM account? I trade with script to open my position. Trading with Signal API is quite troublesome, as I have to readjust manually my script parameter to adjust the ask & bid difference of my MT4 account and RAMM spread & pricing.
    You can use RoboForex Pro-Affiliate account type. It's has the same quotes with RAMM internal account where all orders are executed.
    Also note that Signals API script sends a signal when an order is already executed on the source account, hence the inevitable delay. So even when using Pro-Affiliate account as a source account, RAMM positions will not always be exactly as they are in the source account.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Igonter View Post
    You can use RoboForex Pro-Affiliate account type. It's has the same quotes with RAMM internal account where all orders are executed.
    Also note that Signals API script sends a signal when an order is already executed on the source account, hence the inevitable delay. So even when using Pro-Affiliate account as a source account, RAMM positions will not always be exactly as they are in the source account.
    That's really helpful.. Thank you very much Igonter.
    I will try Pro-Affiliate account as source signal. How about the spread, are they similar?

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    That's really helpful.. Thank you very much Igonter.
    I will try Pro-Affiliate account as source signal. How about the spread, are they similar?
    Yes, the spread is similar, too.

Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234