Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 151

Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)

Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission

Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission or CySEC (the "Comission") - is an independent public organization, wich responsible for the supervision of the investment services market and securities market in the Republic of Cyprus from 2001.
    Office Address - 27 Diagorou Str., Nicosia, Cyprus
    Telephone:+357 22506600
    Fax:+357 22506700
    General e-mail:info@cysec.gov.cy

The mission of the CySEC is to exercise effective supervision to ensure investor protection and the healthy development of the securities market.

The CySEC goal is to establish the Cyprus securities market as one of the safest, most reliable and attractive destinations for investment.

To achieve this goal and perform the core mission, CySEC has a number of tasks assigned to it:

• To examine applications and grant operating licenses to entities under its supervision, as well as to suspend and revoke the said licenses.
    • To scontrol and regulate the operation of the Cyprus Stock Exchange and of other organised markets in the Republic and the transactions carried out in these markets.
    • To supervise and regulate the agencies under its supervision in order to ensure their compliance with the laws governing their operation.
    • To take all necessary measures in order to adequately carry out its activities;
    • To request and collect information which is necessary or conducive to the exercise of its duties.
    • To impose the administrative and disciplinary sanctions provided by the law.
    • To require the cessation of practices which are contrary to the securities market laws.
    • To apply to a competent court for the issue of an order for detention, or charge or freezing or prevention of alienation or transaction involving assets.
    • To issue regulatory Directives and Decisions.
    • To cooperate and shares data (information) with other state authorities, foreign regulatory authorities and competent organizations;
    • performs other tasks and obligations assigned to it.

Since Cyprus is a member of the European Union, CySEC has worked closely with other foreign regulators, and takes an active part in European and international affairs, thereby ensuring that not only Cyprus but also of European legislation in general.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    i just know that there are so many brokers in cyprus and sometimes i wonder why it has to be so, but from what i have been told, many of them are been regulated by a very strong bodies and this is one of the reasons why so many of them are very good and reliable to deal with,they are very famous and respected because they carry out their duties very well, having known that there is a very strong commission that keeps watch over them, it will be very impossible for any of them to mess up.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 64
    i think all brokerage firms operating under the regulatory of Cyprus securities and exchange commission and licensing of Cyprus is very good and advantages that you would be safe between you and your brokerage firm also the regulatory requests from brokerage firm to separate clients funds from the company

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 69
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    i just know that there are so many brokers in cyprus and sometimes i wonder why it has to be so, but from what i have been told, many of them are been regulated by a very strong bodies and this is one of the reasons why so many of them are very good and reliable to deal with,they are very famous and respected because they carry out their duties very well, having known that there is a very strong commission that keeps watch over them, it will be very impossible for any of them to mess up.
    Cysec is one of the good regulator on European country, but I think there are more regulator on European, There are also finra, FSA. Do you know the cyprus can be define on the offshore country, it means, the illegal trading and illegal transcation can occur on Cyprus, Cyprus is on the shouther of the Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by john abraham 94 View Post
    i think all brokerage firms operating under the regulatory of Cyprus securities and exchange commission and licensing of Cyprus is very good and advantages that you would be safe between you and your brokerage firm also the regulatory requests from brokerage firm to separate clients funds from the company
    Yes, so far, the current any broker in any online is using the Cyprus regulation, and so far it is so safe

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    CYSEC is good regulator and many brokers are regulated by this regulator and many of them have good reputation and famous and so the trader can join any broker with this regulator if it has good reputation, the trader should read about the broker before joining it to be able to know if this broker is good for trading and offer good conditions or not.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2
    CySEC is a good organization and give a strength for any broker work with it and make it trusted mostly, and there are many brokers regulated with it, i think it is good between the organizations and has a good reputation and so the brokers always try to regulated with it as this will make the reputation of the broker is better and this will attracts clients for it.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    Yes, this is very good, a broker who is registered in a large organization, I am very happy to be part of this broker, (brokers robo forex) and I would be very happy if my trader friends can join a broker robo forex, many brokers Out there, and of course only the best forex brokers and i like it.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3
    Cysec is one of the most popular forex industry regulator in the world, it probably regulates the highest number of forex brokers in the world due the high numbers of forex brokers in Cyprus. Cysec maintain a lot of policy to prevent money laundering by requiring all brokers to verify clients and also prevent brokers from giving out bonus that they claim might motivate new inexperienced traders to start trading

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    CySEC is one of the biggest organizations in the world and has many brokers joining it, it is good organization and so it can give good strength to any broker joins it, it is famous in the world and europe especially, I think it is with the FCA are the biggest organization in europe and it is a good support for the broker and the trader at the same time.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 19
    CYSec is a brokers registration firm in Cyprus. headquaters in Nicosia Cyprus.sysec is a big firm in regualation compenies they regulate brokers to protect fraudlent activities. almost all of brokers are registered under sysec there is a lot of other compnies but in Cyprus it,s only and big firm all around the world. sysec launched in 2001. it,s become eurpean union member in 2004

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    this organization is one of the most famous organizations as many brokers are regulated under it and so it gives more strength for the brokers, but the opinion about its strength because some brokers and traders say it is good and strong organization and some traders say it is not strong enough and the client may not have his rights from bad brokers

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast