Motivation may also lead you towards Huge Loss, Is it true?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: Motivation may also lead you towards Huge Loss, Is it true?

  1. #1
    Trader Razor1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indian Air Force
    Posts
    129
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

    Motivation may also lead you towards Huge Loss, Is it true?

    Hello folks.

    I am here now to ask you a very awkward, but well sounding question. As the thread says, my question is all about the motivation and it's negative effect on our trading. Some might agree and some might disagree with me, but i am sharing what i have experienced till now from my experience and i hope you all will alsdiscuss your views with us.

    Let me come to the topic. The word motivation is a very positive term, people use it when they find it very tough to stay in the forex business, motivating someone is really very appreciative and i also do agree with you, but you must also know that whether your motivation is giving the correct impact on the followers or not.

    Let me give you guys an example. A Trader invested $1000 in forex hoping to earn profits, but due to his mistakes he lost all of his $1000. Now again the trader get motivated from somewhere and again reinvested $1000 but again he had lost. He invest likewise 5times but each time he faced failure. So in this situation, do you think the motivation played any positive role? No, right?


    I am not saying that motivation is useless, but motivate aftet full preparation will help you better in your way. That's my intention to say by expressing my view via this thread. Now it's your turn to share a piece of your experience and views.

    Not allowed!
    Like my posts? Don't hesitate to like it by clicking Thumbs Up button, Happy Pipping!!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,523
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    I think this is one of the wrong perception of being motivated. It is being motivated at the wrong way. Thus when a trader losses and then starts trading again without learning from their mistakes then invests again is not motivation to me, to me I believe that being motivated means being able earn, thus when we loss thus we should be motivated to learn from the loss and then trade the right way, it should not be the other way round.

    Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    14,748
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    I think this is one of the wrong perception of being motivated. It is being motivated at the wrong way. Thus when a trader losses and then starts trading again without learning from their mistakes then invests again is not motivation to me, to me I believe that being motivated means being able earn, thus when we loss thus we should be motivated to learn from the loss and then trade the right way, it should not be the other way round.
    motivation is not working fine alone, it is working with the skills of traders, and tradesr will not be always working fine with motivation, the trading strategy which can make traders to make the money will be working with the motivation to make things better for traders.

    Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Trader Razor1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indian Air Force
    Posts
    129
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    motivation is not working fine alone, it is working with the skills of traders, and tradesr will not be always working fine with motivation, the trading strategy which can make traders to make the money will be working with the motivation to make things better for traders.
    Your answer sounds quite satisfying to me. It's because as you said above, motivation does not go along unless you combine it with your common sense. As i have mentioned an example above, there it shows that the trader is motivated but without any aim.

    Whenever we face any loss, first we must try to hold our breathe and should try to find out the causes behind the loss. After that the trader should improve his skills after knowing the drawbacks and after that only the trader should try to motivate to do better.

    Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Trader
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,160
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    I think this is one of the wrong perception of being motivated. It is being motivated at the wrong way. Thus when a trader losses and then starts trading again without learning from their mistakes then invests again is not motivation to me, to me I believe that being motivated means being able earn, thus when we loss thus we should be motivated to learn from the loss and then trade the right way, it should not be the other way round.
    I agree with you that it is wrong perception that motivation may also lead towards huge loss. I would like to say that loss in inevitable in forex trading and no one can prevent from the loss completely.

    Keep in mind that when we get the loss, we should be motivated to learn from the loss and it is the best way to get the motivation.

    Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Trader lawners1791's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lawners Makesup
    Posts
    11,924
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 19
    losing investment as the return of the worse on strategy to release the improper limit on exchange with the requests on opening new order those as leaving of ones with the choice on offers as trader might back on work with the customs of manage on preparing the better improvesment to develop system and trading with the good confidence.

    Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,919
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 262
    The wrong preparation for the real trading will bring disaster with it for trader's, I think the knowledge of basic concept should be take into consideration, its not a direct earning that can be gained only through the motivation, the person is foolish if he is only paying attention on words only. Practical work is also important to gain better idea of forex, and words are not enough to become successful.

    Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Trader techboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,904
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Earnperfect View Post
    The wrong preparation for the real trading will bring disaster with it for trader's, I think the knowledge of basic concept should be take into consideration, its not a direct earning that can be gained only through the motivation, the person is foolish if he is only paying attention on words only. Practical work is also important to gain better idea of forex, and words are not enough to become successful.
    True, when traders are losing money or his account get wiped out consistently then their must be a problem with your trading and we need to re assess our strategy or approach in the market, we need to know what cause us to consecutively lose our capital, if a trader is not doing the right thing then disaster can spell in his trading account and we need to stop trading by then and evaluate everything.

    Not allowed!
    " Trading is 70% Psychology, 15% Risk Management and 15% Strategy ! "

  9. #9
    Trader Razor1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indian Air Force
    Posts
    129
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Earnperfect View Post
    The wrong preparation for the real trading will bring disaster with it for trader's, I think the knowledge of basic concept should be take into consideration, its not a direct earning that can be gained only through the motivation, the person is foolish if he is only paying attention on words only. Practical work is also important to gain better idea of forex, and words are not enough to become successful.
    Whn you are talking about the knowledge then i am sure there is no doubt how vulnerable the role of knowledge and experience while trading. The reason of a trader being a successful is that they know how to gain and enhacnhe their trading skills. For that every trader has to put their best effort in marketing.

    And for that hard work also everyone needs to have that motivation. The example i have already given is of different nature, but in the learning stage also we need to have the motivation. Because as we all have idea that learning process is not an easy task, we need to have better output and for that we need tk have better input of knowledge in the learning stage. So the learning stage is said to be very crucial.

    Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,026
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1911 View Post
    Whn you are talking about the knowledge then i am sure there is no doubt how vulnerable the role of knowledge and experience while trading. The reason of a trader being a successful is that they know how to gain and enhacnhe their trading skills. For that every trader has to put their best effort in marketing.
    You have said it well. When we have goals we should know how to achieve them. I think in any business without knowledge and skills we dnt earn good money and in forex market it is true that trading takes a lot of knowledge because in forex market there is lot of uncertainty and continuously a lot of things keep happening.

    Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •