Motivation may also lead you towards Huge Loss, Is it true? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Motivation may also lead you towards Huge Loss, Is it true?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

Motivation may also lead you towards Huge Loss, Is it true?

Hello folks.

I am here now to ask you a very awkward, but well sounding question. As the thread says, my question is all about the motivation and it's negative effect on our trading. Some might agree and some might disagree with me, but i am sharing what i have experienced till now from my experience and i hope you all will alsdiscuss your views with us.

Let me come to the topic. The word motivation is a very positive term, people use it when they find it very tough to stay in the forex business, motivating someone is really very appreciative and i also do agree with you, but you must also know that whether your motivation is giving the correct impact on the followers or not.

Let me give you guys an example. A Trader invested $1000 in forex hoping to earn profits, but due to his mistakes he lost all of his $1000. Now again the trader get motivated from somewhere and again reinvested $1000 but again he had lost. He invest likewise 5times but each time he faced failure. So in this situation, do you think the motivation played any positive role? No, right?

I am not saying that motivation is useless, but motivate aftet full preparation will help you better in your way. That's my intention to say by expressing my view via this thread. Now it's your turn to share a piece of your experience and views.

Not allowed!
    Like my posts? Don't hesitate to like it by clicking Thumbs Up button, Happy Pipping!!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 1
    motivation comes form what we earn and so we are all in the right path when we are able to earn something and so we are able to record a lot of good chance that we can use when we trade forex we are all in the right path for all stated cause that we see in forex we are all good

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kariuki View Post
    motivation comes form what we earn and so we are all in the right path when we are able to earn something and so we are able to record a lot of good chance that we can use when we trade forex we are all in the right path for all stated cause that we see in forex we are all good
    Well, you need motivation to trade in the market, and I did not believe that motivation could lead the trader into trouble, it is the right side of the market that trader needs all the time. And mostly, if you have the right trading system and discipline, and you are motivated with it, then, you will surely be successful in a very quick way.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 390
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Well, you need motivation to trade in the market, and I did not believe that motivation could lead the trader into trouble, it is the right side of the market that trader needs all the time. And mostly, if you have the right trading system and discipline, and you are motivated with it, then, you will surely be successful in a very quick way.
    Motivation is not bad for trader so your words are correct sir, actually its depend upon us that how we are following other's motivation could be wrong only if we are following the wrong people, those are greedy, emotional, and gamblers. We have to focus on good learners and have to adopt their trading ideas and experience in trading. Learning from good people would consolidate our trading knowledge.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    Well, that should not be called motivation any more, I think it should be called over confident, because I think when we are motivated it should push us towards doing the right thing in the business. Well, it might also work differently for traders, but then I think we just have to be careful with the market whereas knowing that risk is part of the business thus we need to be extremely careful.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 193
    everyone want to get better levels where forex trading is profitable , and they motivate themselves for this with keep learning and practicing or also improve themselves, need to make sure that we get the clear way for this, not with emotion, and at last, just lead us to get the wrong way to manage this business and give us big losing

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Well, that should not be called motivation any more, I think it should be called over confident, because I think when we are motivated it should push us towards doing the right thing in the business. Well, it might also work differently for traders, but then I think we just have to be careful with the market whereas knowing that risk is part of the business thus we need to be extremely careful.
    Right, motivation is something that push us to keep on going even if we stumble many times because we need to, but over confidence is something that is part of emotions and it can bring negative result in our trading, discipline and consistency is a must in trading and if we become careless in our actions we will just end up losing a lot in this market.

Not allowed!
    " Trading is 70% Psychology, 15% Risk Management and 15% Strategy ! "

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by techboy View Post
    Right, motivation is something that push us to keep on going even if we stumble many times because we need to, but over confidence is something that is part of emotions and it can bring negative result in our trading, discipline and consistency is a must in trading and if we become careless in our actions we will just end up losing a lot in this market.
    Yes, the motivation is like an internal energy for traders, and I do not believe the motivations of traders are bad, it is not bad, it is always about the trading system of the trader, if it is good and the trader is motivated with a good strictness of trading that system only, the trader will make success and not lose in the market.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 538
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    The over confidence in trading could give us a lot of losses and its not good for trader's because later it can break their heart, it could be so painful for us to do trade with over confidence, we don't have to accept profitable trade's all the time we have to be ready for our losses and have to carry forward our trading plans according to it.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Khimi234 View Post
    The over confidence in trading could give us a lot of losses and its not good for trader's because later it can break their heart, it could be so painful for us to do trade with over confidence, we don't have to accept profitable trade's all the time we have to be ready for our losses and have to carry forward our trading plans according to it.
    It is true, it is better for traders to always trade with the right sense, and if traders are overconfident, they are actually overbearing in the market as well. And this will not help the trader in any way. The best that will ever be helping traders is the right plans and use of their trading strategy, and how they are managing their trading without ego.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    Yes, when we are too motivated in forex trading we tend to have much emotions, thus we tend to do things the wrong way. But then, that does not mean that being motivated is a bad thing, actually it is a good one and we need to understand that to become successful we need to be motivated but then at the same time, we need to ensure that we don't allow our emotions to get to the way we work.

Not allowed!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast