FOREX QUOTES
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOREX QUOTES

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

FOREX QUOTES

forex quotes are value buying and selling a currency pair. forex price quote consisting o two prices, the lower price (bid) and higher prices (ask/offer).

bid is the price you sell to brokers forex or forex broker price at which to buy from you. while ask is the price you buy from a broker or the price at which the broker will sell to you. Bid is generally lower than ask.

Bid and Ask price difference is Spread. The smaller the spread the more profitable trader.

please keep in mind : when you open a buy position, that means you open a position at the ask price, and then will be closed (close/liquid and including stop loss and profit target) using the bid price.

when you opened the position, that means you open a position with the bid price, and then will be closed (close/liquid and including stop loss and profit target) using the ask price.

The conclusion:

Close Open Position (TP * / SL **)
    Buy (Long) Price Ask Price Bid
    Sell ​​(Short) Price Bid Price Ask

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    It is good to know this, It helps the traders to know the active prices of the market. But there are many more of them, that the quotes can do for you, You will have the knowledge of this is the pending orders of the market too, has they are still the partial agreements of entering the market. Also, the difference between the bid quotes and the ask quote is spread of the pair.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Thanks, I have suffered previously in the calculation of the exact point to set stop losses and takeprofit, because I often have to lock profit takeprofit 1 pips and I often put the point more distant than the ask price point when I open buy, and more distant from the bid price when I open sell.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1
    Many forex traders do not know still about forex quotes which you explain in details in your thread,one day i was telling my friend about these bid,ask value and about spread,he replied me that if i not lean that then i will not make profit?actually most traders just want to make profit from this business rather than learning every thing related to forex business which is the biggest mistakes traders do in my point of view..

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by martyn View Post
    Thanks, I have suffered previously in the calculation of the exact point to set stop losses and takeprofit, because I often have to lock profit takeprofit 1 pips and I often put the point more distant than the ask price point when I open buy, and more distant from the bid price when I open sell.
    With this explanation of yours, i have made the kind of mistake too and i think that the market is not the faulty one, neither is you the trader, but the broker at times. There are brokers that are taking second spread when the points of the traders exits or even pending is been met. They believe they are not right there, and instead of the bid, they will use the ask to place the trade or exit the market for the trader if it is stop loss/ take profit.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Basic of forex trading. I think all of us just started from this. It teaches how what is forex and what to trade in forex. Ask means buy and bid means sell. When price hit the lower level we open buy and when it touch the higher level we open sell trade. This is the basic things of forex. Spread is a important matter and the difference between buy and sell rate is called spread which is barely need to tell. Anyway thanks for sharing.

Not allowed!

Am fuly awear of the difficulties of life,so ill try to bounce back
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1
    Forex qouts I the quoted price in which our brokers offer to us on our trading platform for currency pairs, the bid is the price in which buyers a offering while the ask is the price in which sellers are offering, and the difference between the bid and ask is the spread in which your broker would charge you for your entry.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    My dear friends It is good to know this, It helps the traders to know the active prices of the market. But there are many more of them, that the quotes can do for you, You will have the knowledge of this is the pending orders of the market too, has they are still the partial agreements of entering the market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 17
    Good learning elements, I came to know about forex quotes through this thread. I appreciate the efforts in teaching us through this thread. I am grateful to this forum through which I am getting consistent knowledge aside of earning some forum bonus.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    Forex quotes are derived from active price and a trader wanting to quote for it would have to be precise enough for investing in it as it will have a heavy risk in it so a proper risk reward ratio is better opted. Setting stop loss will be a fools attempt here and doing so with trailing stop will make an advantage for the trader willing to take risks with market with less risk reward ratio.

Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast