Biggest question: reversal or breakout? - Page 69
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869

Thread: Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

Hi there

in recent months I am working hard to identify it will be break out or reversal.

I have build my strategy that works fine for reversals, but during US session
    there are nice break outs happens even no news and my reversals does not work on that
    session, except if prices moving near price average of 60 days - that is different story.

I wantrf to learn to identify it and started using volume indicator.

What do you recommend and use for break outs, guys?
    Also does thinkor swim better than MT4 platform?

Tadas

Not allowed!
    advert via signature isn't allowed edited by Gamer

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ajagbeolegba View Post
    There are many good ways to trade the market, we can achieve them when we have all what it takes. To trade the market with the good results needs us to use the strategies which will not give us stress and much losses. I guess that the breakout strategies could do this for traders, it will only requires the seriousness and the trading system of that trader to achieve it.
    Loss brings stress and so the main antidote for stress is our profits, when our profits are good this business will be interesting and stress free. The thing is everyone is using their skills and experiences to study and manage their trading and also get results corresponding to their level of skills. The big thing is to see market trends, breakouts and reversals with good amount of accuracy.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    I know that the breakout is for trend trading, there is no need of confusing ourselves about it. To trader breakout and the trend trading methods are simple, it is about what the trader is using and how best the trader has trained himself on what he is using to trade it. But for the reversal, the danger in trading it is too much.
    Yes, if forex traders are trading the breakout, they are trading the forex trend too. Immediately that there is breakout in forex field, that means that a new forex trend is certain if the trader is using it on the higher time frames. Using this strategy on the lower time frames will only cause few term trend, it will not amount to the true trend in forex field at that time.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    Yes, if forex traders are trading the breakout, they are trading the forex trend too. Immediately that there is breakout in forex field, that means that a new forex trend is certain if the trader is using it on the higher time frames. Using this strategy on the lower time frames will only cause few term trend, it will not amount to the true trend in forex field at that time.
    So many times we would have experienced that the breakouts might not be for real and the price goes into the formal level and that is why it is very important to learn the ways of the forex market as to understand that most time that whenever the price breaks out of an area that it would come back to test the back and that can become a better chance of entering it again. This is my most effective method of trading because it allows me to reduce the risk of losing at the first break out.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    I think breakouts and trends are different, breakout is break from a range and a trend is strong move that is bullish or bearish. You can always only chose to trade the trend but for that you have to keep patience till you find the right signal of trend. Also you need to find out where price might have a chance to reverse because at this point or before that you have to get out of your trades.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    There is no big question here whether the Forex Trader is better off trading reversal or break out, everything depends on the understanding and the opportunity that was received at that particular point in time which is something we should take very seriously because that is where we will gain true success in the. Market, break out and reversal can provide equal earnings for the trader.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 6
    A trader if have experience well about trading so we analyze both the breakout strategies and reversal so easily we have chose the best trade strategies , we must have to make it better with the help of experience a good trader never chose in trading we just have let the experience to chose our trade strategy by follow it we do our best for trading safely .

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by fahaddd View Post
    A trader if have experience well about trading so we analyze both the breakout strategies and reversal so easily we have chose the best trade strategies , we must have to make it better with the help of experience a good trader never chose in trading we just have let the experience to chose our trade strategy by follow it we do our best for trading safely .
    I like to trade the breakout strategy, that is what my experience has shown me. The first time is started trading the market, i got to realise that i am wasting my time with many of the trading strategies i am using. I got to leave all of them and started working on the trendline strategy alone, that is a breakout strategy i use up till today.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    I like to trade the breakout strategy, that is what my experience has shown me. The first time is started trading the market, i got to realise that i am wasting my time with many of the trading strategies i am using. I got to leave all of them and started working on the trendline strategy alone, that is a breakout strategy i use up till today.
    In starting it will take time before our results turn out to be satisfactory and we might end up wasting time and even money with many strategies. We have to learn on demo, learn the various chart patterns and how they can tell us about market trends and reversals. Such knowledge of pointing possible reversals is necessary even if we dont trade reversals and only want to ride a trend.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 11
    Hello trading during the American session is very dangerous because it interferes with the European true liquidity is huge and the profit is good but also the risk is greater and bigger and we can lose the whole account if the trading is random and without a good business plan
    As for the platform it is the best ever and most of the sites explain the lessons of Forex and strategy on it and it is easy

Not allowed!

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869