Biggest question: reversal or breakout? - Page 57
Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

Hi there

in recent months I am working hard to identify it will be break out or reversal.

I have build my strategy that works fine for reversals, but during US session
    there are nice break outs happens even no news and my reversals does not work on that
    session, except if prices moving near price average of 60 days - that is different story.

I wantrf to learn to identify it and started using volume indicator.

What do you recommend and use for break outs, guys?
    Also does thinkor swim better than MT4 platform?

Tadas

Not allowed!
    advert via signature isn't allowed edited by Gamer

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    I have traded the reversal and breakout strategies, and what my experience is telling me is that the reversal is not so good. The reversal can still give traders earnings, the earning will only be little, i do not always like that. One thing i prefer is to trade the market with the breakout strategies, this is what i know that has many good trading strategies to back that up, and higher earnings will come through it.
    Every trader has experience about what they have tested to know whether they should continue or not. Break out might be your worse but it can be someone best whilst we could say that reversal are the best, someone elsewhere will say they hate it, that is how the Forex Market works, variety is something that is here, we cannot avoid it, hence many different people act differently based on what their preferences generally are.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    Every trader has experience about what they have tested to know whether they should continue or not. Break out might be your worse but it can be someone best whilst we could say that reversal are the best, someone elsewhere will say they hate it, that is how the Forex Market works, variety is something that is here, we cannot avoid it, hence many different people act differently based on what their preferences generally are.
    To me whatever we trade we should be in a position to make out with a certain level of accuracy, possible breakouts or reversals or trends. Therefore it reflects on the individual skills of a trader as to which we he can perform better and achieve his profit targets. I mainly depend on my analysis of the pivot points and the chart patterns to know the right timing for my entry and exit of trades.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    well sir you say right that this is really great opportunity to earn some money from the trading we can earn a lot of money from the trading . i use the support and resistance to make good use of breakout in the trading . choosing of the right strategy is the best way of the earning . we can easily move the average by using the risky ways.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 73
    What a trader should do is to learn on the chance to understand if they are actually following the right breakout or if they following the right reversal trade. These are the two things we try to decide once market reaches a support or resistance level, and so making the best decision at this area is very vital. I do make sure I confirm such reversal or breakout patterns and my main plan regarding about forex is follow the right market.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1
    I am not in support of trading either the break out or reversal as a major strategy, the are many aspects we need to consider while making a decision about which style should be used, I think that break out and reversal should be incorporated into our trading so that we can tell where to apply each as the strategy provide the opportunity for us to make am entry. To say reversal is best or breakout does not make much sense.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonvic View Post
    Experience gaining is not what is easy like you think. Many forex traders will just jump on what they want to be doing in forex field without knowing the fundamental ways to trade the forex field. I do not hate the reversal strategy too, i know it is a forex strategy, but i do not like it, and i can not trade it for the low quality signals it is offering forex traders. The breakout strategy is better for many reasons.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by simisola View Post
    I am not in support of trading either the break out or reversal as a major strategy, the are many aspects we need to consider while making a decision about which style should be used, I think that break out and reversal should be incorporated into our trading so that we can tell where to apply each as the strategy provide the opportunity for us to make am entry. To say reversal is best or breakout does not make much sense.
    You can always only chose to trade the trend but for that you have to keep patience till you find the right signal of trend. For trading breakouts we need to keep focus on the SOR levels and these levels are important forr trading trends too. Trend trading is good but then reversal is also good only thing is we have the knowledge and avoid scalping.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 6
    We must have a system through we analyze the low quality signal and stronger one , we have both option in every trade we plan so if we chose the way with detailed learning and with good knowledge that will help trader to get success and in case of failure we face bigger losses in market we have to find by ourself with analyzing ability and observation .

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 4
    A system that is used to analyse the market helps us to make the right decision, unfortunately when a trader has not developed a trading strategy, there is only one thing that this individual will be doing and that is what is known as gambling, unfortunately this is exactly what most traders are really doing, they always gamble because they lack the knowledge of a good trading strategy.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Reversal or breakout are always very evident, the ratio of breakout to reversal is around 50:50, so to have an edge, you should wait for a clear breakout or a clear reversal. In most cases, you will make money. You will only lose money if the breakout or reversal happens to be false.

Not allowed!

Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast