Biggest question: reversal or breakout? - Page 53
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

Hi there

in recent months I am working hard to identify it will be break out or reversal.

I have build my strategy that works fine for reversals, but during US session
    there are nice break outs happens even no news and my reversals does not work on that
    session, except if prices moving near price average of 60 days - that is different story.

I wantrf to learn to identify it and started using volume indicator.

What do you recommend and use for break outs, guys?
    Also does thinkor swim better than MT4 platform?

Tadas

Not allowed!
    advert via signature isn't allowed edited by Gamer

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by ola4real View Post
    I don't think that there can be a forex traders who will be hating the breakout strategy. I trade price action only, but in the truth of the matter, i am the type of forex trader who likes to trade the breakout forex method when i see it on the chart. With the price action on the chart too, there are many times that i will see a valid breakout with it, and that gives me the validity of a good income making at that time.
    I don't think so myself, i have being using this trading strategy for as long as i could remember, and it is working fine for me. The breakout is likewise best used with the trendline strategy, that is what i know that will make traders to be trading with simplicity and will be making much earnings like professional traders. Aside this, the reversal is a bad way to trade the market, traders of reversal are the ones that are having bad trading day.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 1
    What Is big about trading either breakout or reversal, there is nothing like a question here, trade forex with a mindset of patience, you will naturally know what is the best approach you can use because you have settled this issue, breakout is always in the charts, you will come across it several times, but reversal are a little more tricky, you need extra caution to see them happen.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by simisola View Post
    What Is big about trading either breakout or reversal, there is nothing like a question here, trade forex with a mindset of patience, you will naturally know what is the best approach you can use because you have settled this issue, breakout is always in the charts, you will come across it several times, but reversal are a little more tricky, you need extra caution to see them happen.
    The thing is simple we should plan our trading in accordance to the setups we see on the charts, it can be tapping a breakout or a reversal. It is true opportunities are there with trends and when the trends are nearing the top or bottom, I mean when it is about to reverse. Ultimately the more experience we have the better we will be able to study the market.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 20
    It's a good one to understand the market and realize the best time market would make reversal trade and breakout too. Understanding this market would help and would bring about the opportunity for traders to improve and have the possible platform to make strong earning for themselves. Trading reversal and breakout are all price action method of trade and we should do everything to realize how better we can get and see we can make good profits at the best trade.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by simisola View Post
    There is nothing that is out of shape with the question of the article starter. What I know that the forex traders asked question about is just like asking the one in whom forex traders prefer between the reversal and the breakout strategy. In my own answer, I can never prefer the reversal due to the low success rate of this trading method, I prefer the trend of forex market due to the high success rate it is causing for forex traders.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonycee View Post
    It's a good one to understand the market and realize the best time market would make reversal trade and breakout too. Understanding this market would help and would bring about the opportunity for traders to improve and have the possible platform to make strong earning for themselves. Trading reversal and breakout are all price action method of trade and we should do everything to realize how better we can get and see we can make good profits at the best trade.
    It is a brilliant idea for traders to first understand the market, and they can understand the market only when they learn how the market is to be traded. Traders can know how the market is to be traded when the nature of the market is revealed to the trader, and i am of the opinion that traders have to go for the trading of the trend of the market. Trading the reversal is not totally useless, but it is not a safe option for trading.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 6
    There is no need trying to pin point where the market would possibly reverse because most of the times it only leads to encountering series of losses and even blowing out our trading accounts on the process, but the key here is to make sure that we have developed an effective way of following the main market trends and worry less about the point where the market would change direction. One of my best ways of understanding the reversal point of the main market trends have been able know the candle formations and master them over time because they always shows you what might be happening in the next few hours.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 4
    I can trade break out or the reversal, it depends on the what I am seeing at the time of the signal, there are two types of entry that is generally available to all traders, you can choose from the break out if they always give you very good location to take your trades but if reversals is what you yare good at, you also need to pay full attention to it.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1
    From my little experience in this market both resistance and support are always a good way of making cool profits when you know how to ride on them.But i can boldly say breakouts are always trendy and very volatile for bigger profits,but getting a good breakout that is not a false breakout is the main thing we need to know.

Not allowed!

Rookie
    Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyen View Post
    It is a brilliant idea for traders to first understand the market, and they can understand the market only when they learn how the market is to be traded. Traders can know how the market is to be traded when the nature of the market is revealed to the trader, and i am of the opinion that traders have to go for the trading of the trend of the market. Trading the reversal is not totally useless, but it is not a safe option for trading.
    We have to take the demo account and learn about the market and learn some good tactics of trading trends and all. Things depends on the strength of our analysis, not all trading trend earn and not all traders going against the trend lose. Moreover things not just depends on the chart patterns and indicators we follow. Things depends on how well we are able to use such chart patterns and such indicators.

Not allowed!

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast