Biggest question: reversal or breakout? - Page 3
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Biggest question: reversal or breakout?

Hi there

in recent months I am working hard to identify it will be break out or reversal.

I have build my strategy that works fine for reversals, but during US session
    there are nice break outs happens even no news and my reversals does not work on that
    session, except if prices moving near price average of 60 days - that is different story.

I wantrf to learn to identify it and started using volume indicator.

What do you recommend and use for break outs, guys?
    Also does thinkor swim better than MT4 platform?

Tadas

Not allowed!
    advert via signature isn't allowed edited by Gamer

Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 139
    Quote Originally Posted by Earnperfect View Post
    The proper understanding of reversal and breakout can be gained through the help of couple of tools and indicator's. According to me practice of breakout and reversal trading strategy would tell trader's that how they have to do trade with those kinds of methods. Because some time a breakout could be false too. The best method of breakout trading will be technical analysis, along with it the use of trend lines, fibonacci, moving average would be also essential.
    Price action trading technique is very simple and clean to understand the breakout trading strategy, look trading is very simple when you try to make it simple for you as far I know breakout trading system can be learned in few months of study and practice here its not much difficult. But we have to make sure that we have a stable mindset along with the breakout trading strategy use in forex. I would suggest to learn about the price action technique at first it can make it very easy to learn breakout trading style.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 48
    both reversal and breakout work well and you can make good profits with them, but it is better to you support and resistance levels with them to find the best and strong positions of trading, you can also use fibonacci to determine your target and stop loss, this will be better than using of volume indicator and more effective for good trading

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 23
    Quote Originally Posted by sameeh View Post
    both reversal and breakout work well and you can make good profits with them, but it is better to you support and resistance levels with them to find the best and strong positions of trading, you can also use fibonacci to determine your target and stop loss, this will be better than using of volume indicator and more effective for good trading
    yes, traders need to understand both of them, very important for traders to know them during in the market and so we know how to do an action for them to take the chances or also to avoid some points that will become the problems too, or we can minimize it, but i guess about fibonanci,that is a good thing to indicate both of them but i guess for me so hard to understand fibo

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    One of the toughest point about reversals is when we have the right tools that make it better for us to trade and for the good issues of the market we know out there we have to develop a good source of how good the marekt is there is a lot of choices that we must know when trading, the breakout is really rough can destroy you

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    you should be careful when looking out fore the reversals since some times dealers like to play with traders mind by showing you that a reversal is about to happen while in fact it is not, and when you are not keen enough it will catch you on the wrong side of the trade and you end up losing your funds so you should be on the lookout.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1
    it could be best to wait and watch what the market would happen at this resistance levels whetjer it will be abreakout or a reversal. any of this could the maximisely used by a trader to generate some profit but i will always prefer a breakout as for reversal the price might still comes back to retest the resistance line but for a breakout, the long journey has just started

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Trading Manager View Post
    it could be best to wait and watch what the market would happen at this resistance levels whetjer it will be abreakout or a reversal. any of this could the maximisely used by a trader to generate some profit but i will always prefer a breakout as for reversal the price might still comes back to retest the resistance line but for a breakout, the long journey has just started
    It will be the besty if we can watch the market and trade in a way that we can wait for when a breakout will happen then we will trade. If we can do that, trading will nto be too hard as well. it is just we need to check the market quite consistent in order to learn whether the resistance has been broken or not.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by bryTadas View Post
    Hi there

in recent months I am working hard to identify it will be break out or reversal.

I have build my strategy that works fine for reversals, but during US session
    there are nice break outs happens even no news and my reversals does not work on that
    session, except if prices moving near price average of 60 days - that is different story.

I wantrf to learn to identify it and started using volume indicator.

What do you recommend and use for break outs, guys?
    Also does thinkor swim better than MT4 platform?

Tadas
    ook for a range, where price moves in a "box"
    then spot for a breakout ---> don't take that trade
    when price reverses after some time and goes to the other side of the determined box ---> take it.

How much time? I don't have a clue, you should observe, especially the London opening. The guys in London play this almost every day... Look for the "big ben strategy", you can find it somewhere here at FF.
    And of course it depends on which currency pair you want to risk a trade.

If price does not reverse ---> so what
    Tomorrow's another day, and you have tons of other pairs.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto786 View Post
    ook for a range, where price moves in a "box"
    then spot for a breakout ---> don't take that trade
    when price reverses after some time and goes to the other side of the determined box ---> take it.

How much time? I don't have a clue, you should observe, especially the London opening. The guys in London play this almost every day... Look for the "big ben strategy", you can find it somewhere here at FF.
    And of course it depends on which currency pair you want to risk a trade.

If price does not reverse ---> so what
    Tomorrow's another day, and you have tons of other pairs.
    There are no firmula like that at all. If you watch the Brexit event properly and the chart within the live action when they are voting, then what you are saying right now is totally mistaken. We need to know that once Brexit happen, there are time we will be able to get rich and time when we might just suddenly got poor from your formula.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasir Lakhany View Post
    There are no firmula like that at all. If you watch the Brexit event properly and the chart within the live action when they are voting, then what you are saying right now is totally mistaken. We need to know that once Brexit happen, there are time we will be able to get rich and time when we might just suddenly got poor from your formula.
    about brexit experiences, i got big winning in a second, and then blow my profit in a second too, the stop loss is jumped for many pips and made suffering with it, for this cases, better for us to trade carefully and really give the attention for many points such as news that will give the impact where we do not know for how much

Not allowed!

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast