Do you know what is "Open Gap"?
Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 711

Thread: Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

  1. #1
    Trader
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    12,758
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1

    Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

    Forex trading won't always stay steady all of the times and we always need to be prepared for anything worse that might just happen. If we want to make a good income in this business, then we need to specially watch the weekend's position. As for the reason, the chance of open gap is very high compared to ordinary days trading. I won't say things like open gap won't happen in ordinary days trading as well. They might be if a high news impact just suddenly got released.

    As for the open gap in the weekend, every traders will need to watch out for the possible jump. And as how to check it, you need to check the news on the saturday and the sunday. If you find a breaking news or a high impact news, then there is a chance the market will open in a big gap whether it's going upwards or even downwards.

    Here's the example:


    You might think again about closing the position over the weekend or just hope to earn even more money from the gap.
    But let me tell you something, even if you used stop loss in this kind of event, it won't work at all if the gap is further than your stop loss.

    Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Trader
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,488
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 1
    Open gaps is when the market seems to mis time on charts there is a discontinuation of great forms shown by these markets these is how things work the best form of any one trade is these market show the imper version of when the great trades can be well insinuated the is when we all know that the market is working well in all trades we see that helps a lot when we trade forex. the market seems to have compressed whether during the weeknd or holidays but when we see these kind on a live account the n these is due to upsurge of either news or an economic event

    Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    26,777
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Market open gap is never my issue, I know it very well, but it is a big problem if any trader thinks they can trade the gap. Because, there are some theories that says the gaps are often filled after the market open, but I have seen the market ignoring that theory in countless of time, and I think traders should be careful about that. So, I can never dare trading gaps.

    Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,665
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Market open gap is never my issue, I know it very well, but it is a big problem if any trader thinks they can trade the gap. Because, there are some theories that says the gaps are often filled after the market open, but I have seen the market ignoring that theory in countless of time, and I think traders should be careful about that. So, I can never dare trading gaps.
    [lang=id]i eve did it several years ago, sometimes i made good results and sometimes i got losing too, i had pay attention to the news at saturday and also sunday, but it will not grant us to achieve the goals, and also, i got the problem with my psychologies when i leaved the market and there was still the order run in the marker or also pending order and although had already set the stop loss[/lang]

    Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    26,777
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by samprazaan View Post
    [lang=id]i eve did it several years ago, sometimes i made good results and sometimes i got losing too, i had pay attention to the news at saturday and also sunday, but it will not grant us to achieve the goals, and also, i got the problem with my psychologies when i leaved the market and there was still the order run in the marker or also pending order and although had already set the stop loss[/lang]
    Of course, apart from the fact that it is too risky to trade, the trader might be affected all through the weekend by the feelings that he is in a trade, and this might even affect his mood throughout the weekend. It is better for all positions to be closed by the trader. And if they would maintain any position over the weekend, they should have a very large equity to do that.

    Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Trader techboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,904
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 2
    There are possibilities that price gaps do happen when market open on Monday, most trading books explain that when gaps do occur the possibility that the price fills this gap in the near future or within a particular day, so if the gaps is big enough to give us good profits we can always place a pending order in between this gap so that we can profit when price attempt to fill it.

    Not allowed!
    " Trading is 70% Psychology, 15% Risk Management and 15% Strategy ! "

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,523
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    Yes, I know what open gaps are and from experience I know what they do on the market therefore thus seeing them now, I can trade them and make money from them. The thing about gaps is that they always get filled, mostly when it occurs during the weekends then we can make some money when they are feeling, but being that I am disciplined, I don't trade them that much. I only close my positions when it is my favour because it will fill and might go against me.

    Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,919
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 262
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Yes, I know what open gaps are and from experience I know what they do on the market therefore thus seeing them now, I can trade them and make money from them. The thing about gaps is that they always get filled, mostly when it occurs during the weekends then we can make some money when they are feeling, but being that I am disciplined, I don't trade them that much. I only close my positions when it is my favour because it will fill and might go against me.

    Wonderful idea to do trade with gaps, I don't have experience of gaps trading and I never do trade with gaps.How much trading experience do you have with gaps trading sir? I think you have some experience of gaps trading, can you tell me how many times you have tried to open positions in the pattern of gaps and how much success did you get with this type of trading. Waiting for your reply

    Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    26,777
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Earnperfect View Post
    Wonderful idea to do trade with gaps, I don't have experience of gaps trading and I never do trade with gaps.How much trading experience do you have with gaps trading sir? I think you have some experience of gaps trading, can you tell me how many times you have tried to open positions in the pattern of gaps and how much success did you get with this type of trading. Waiting for your reply
    Well, I would advice you not to fall for the gap trading system, it is never a system, it is gambling to me. All the ideologies I have heard about the gap trading system are all false, and it is very bad for traders to trade it. But if you are lucky with some gap at times, you may make lots of money under gambling to be précised.

    Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    9,665
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 104
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    Of course, apart from the fact that it is too risky to trade, the trader might be affected all through the weekend by the feelings that he is in a trade, and this might even affect his mood throughout the weekend. It is better for all positions to be closed by the trader. And if they would maintain any position over the weekend, they should have a very large equity to do that.
    [lang=id]yes, i do better to close all my positions before the market is closed, but sometimes i have to let it run too when the order still run in floating minus but i am really sure that market will move back based on my analysis, and of course, stop loss is set for it to protect my balance and this is the risk that had been taken by me[/lang]

    Not allowed!

Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •