Do you know what is "Open Gap"? - Page 72
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172

Thread: Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1

Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

Forex trading won't always stay steady all of the times and we always need to be prepared for anything worse that might just happen. If we want to make a good income in this business, then we need to specially watch the weekend's position. As for the reason, the chance of open gap is very high compared to ordinary days trading. I won't say things like open gap won't happen in ordinary days trading as well. They might be if a high news impact just suddenly got released.

As for the open gap in the weekend, every traders will need to watch out for the possible jump. And as how to check it, you need to check the news on the saturday and the sunday. If you find a breaking news or a high impact news, then there is a chance the market will open in a big gap whether it's going upwards or even downwards.

Here's the example:

You might think again about closing the position over the weekend or just hope to earn even more money from the gap.
    But let me tell you something, even if you used stop loss in this kind of event, it won't work at all if the gap is further than your stop loss.

Not allowed!

Promo (¢)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 56
    Quote Originally Posted by altafch View Post
    i think in gap if we check on 1h we can gain some pips but not in big time frame, big time frame trading is just possible if we have big experience as well if we do not have we can not earn good profit in fact we can lose just. so i recommend to trade with small time frame because smaller time frame is easy to guess and best as well, but when we work on higher time frame that is not good for newbie
    today's gap with most gbp pairs are quite impressive with more than 50 pips downside movement. look at how it went and if you previously analyze market yesterday, you can see how market was forming up couple patterns which indicating a possible downside move. this means gap can be analyzed and well predicted with our strategy so don't worry if we want to hold our trades for days as long as we got the strategy to help us.

Not allowed!

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172