Do you know what is "Open Gap"? - Page 6
Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 1

Do you know what is "Open Gap"?

Forex trading won't always stay steady all of the times and we always need to be prepared for anything worse that might just happen. If we want to make a good income in this business, then we need to specially watch the weekend's position. As for the reason, the chance of open gap is very high compared to ordinary days trading. I won't say things like open gap won't happen in ordinary days trading as well. They might be if a high news impact just suddenly got released.

As for the open gap in the weekend, every traders will need to watch out for the possible jump. And as how to check it, you need to check the news on the saturday and the sunday. If you find a breaking news or a high impact news, then there is a chance the market will open in a big gap whether it's going upwards or even downwards.

Here's the example:

You might think again about closing the position over the weekend or just hope to earn even more money from the gap.
    But let me tell you something, even if you used stop loss in this kind of event, it won't work at all if the gap is further than your stop loss.

Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 495
    Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    Sorry like I said 7-8 put of the 10 gaps I have experienced in the market refilled. I will show you some of them and told you how they refilled and the onces that don't. Nothing is certain but in most cases they refil but then to me I don't take them I have to be disciplined and follow my trading strategy.
    Last line is really good mate, yeah you need disciplined in your trading so that you can do better trading with your method, I have a good experience of support and resistance method but it mean is not that I have to take high risk or have to don't care about my management, no matter which kind of trading system you have without any proper management you can't handle your trading account properly and its a real truth about trading.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 289
    Given: 50
    Sorry like I said 7-8 put of the 10 gaps I have experienced in the market refilled. I will show you some of them and told you how they refilled and the onces that don't. Nothing is certain but in most cases they refil but then to me I don't take them I have to be disciplined and follow my trading strategy.
    I would rather advice you to drop this gap issue because it is not a sincere statement to say that 7-8 out of 10 gaps you experienced were filled. After all, we are in the same market, except the pairs you are referring to are not the major pairs and the notable cross and exotic pairs in the market, I have learned all of them on this regard.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20
    Quote Originally Posted by cozard007 View Post
    I would rather advice you to drop this gap issue because it is not a sincere statement to say that 7-8 out of 10 gaps you experienced were filled. After all, we are in the same market, except the pairs you are referring to are not the major pairs and the notable cross and exotic pairs in the market, I have learned all of them on this regard.
    Really funny. I could show you many of them which formed a strong signal after wards, but since it is obvious that you are in for an argument. But then, I will be now taking records of the gaps that forms, I will take the screen shot and will keep on posting them in a specific thread here.

Well, I think I remember. Can you still remember the past EUR ballot voting, it created gaps in mostly all EUR pairs after the first weekend. You wouldn't see the gap on those pairs any more, they got filled.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Current market open gap is actually never my personal difficulty, I know the item perfectly, although it is just a big trouble in the event that virtually any broker thinks they are able to buy and sell your gap. Since, there are several practices of which states your holes can be filled as soon as the current market open, although I have observed the market ignoring of which concept with plenty of of energy, along with I think professionals needs to be careful about this. So, I am able to never are brave enough buying and selling holes.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Really funny. I could show you many of them which formed a strong signal after wards, but since it is obvious that you are in for an argument. But then, I will be now taking records of the gaps that forms, I will take the screen shot and will keep on posting them in a specific thread here.

Well, I think I remember. Can you still remember the past EUR ballot voting, it created gaps in mostly all EUR pairs after the first weekend. You wouldn't see the gap on those pairs any more, they got filled.
    form a strong signal is not sure in gap trading. i will like you to show me also, as this is what i heard before too and i have being working on them and i did not have the good results since. the rule of gap is nonsense to me, it is not good quality way to trade forex business.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 33
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    form a strong signal is not sure in gap trading. i will like you to show me also, as this is what i heard before too and i have being working on them and i did not have the good results since. the rule of gap is nonsense to me, it is not good quality way to trade forex business.
    I have also heard of gaps and the rules is that they get filled thereafter formibg.. But being that I am learning in the business I have got to know that in forex most of the rules are violated, but the strong ones are not much violated.. That way the gap trading should be observed on the demo account so as to know the strength of it being filled thereafter forming.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up

I will really appreciate it if you can paste the picture of the gaps you realized that filled up for a whole trading month on a particular currency pair, after all, we are all learning in the forex market. But with my experience of the gaps, although, the general rules say they fill up, but the rules is a lie, and I have being on the learning og gap from 2008-2012, until I left the gap phenomena to be hopeless and gambling way of trading.

Not allowed!

Trader
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Khimi234 View Post
    Personally I don't do trade with them friend, I don't want to anything wrong in trading or I don't want to follow anything which my trading system don't allow me to do that. I have a simple buy and sell opportunity when market trend is forming a uptrend or downtrend, We have to keep it very simple and should never go beyond our trading limitations. Discipline is also important in trading.
    You are absolutely right that we should never go beyond our trading limitation and should do disciplined trade. It is because that forex is risk and tough business and trading blindly can cause the reason of failure, so we should do what we know and we should take risk which we afford to loose in order to get the fruitful result.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    You are absolutely right that we should never go beyond our trading limitation and should do disciplined trade. It is because that forex is risk and tough business and trading blindly can cause the reason of failure, so we should do what we know and we should take risk which we afford to loose in order to get the fruitful result.
    that is good for traders, the disciplined trading skills is the way which will not make traders to lose much money, and that is good to me as the trader of forex business who do not wnat to lose all my money as cheap as that. this is why i will do trading with strategy that is pleasant only.

Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlady View Post
    that is good for traders, the disciplined trading skills is the way which will not make traders to lose much money, and that is good to me as the trader of forex business who do not wnat to lose all my money as cheap as that. this is why i will do trading with strategy that is pleasant only.
    You are right, it is very good for traders to be disciplined and never try to do the things which are related to gabling in the market. And to me, I see the gaps trading system to be a gambling way of trading, and this is highly unreasonable and unrealistic as well. Forex traders need the good trading system that they can actually defend.

Not allowed!

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast